Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Oladipo to MIA | Bradley + Olynyk + 2022 pick swap to HOU
As someone who really doesn't like the Heat, hoping that Dwayne Wade coerces Riley to give out a James Johnson/Hassan Whiteside contract to Dipo because I think he's a bigger name than good basketball player at this point in his career.

(03-25-2021, 06:30 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Any hopes of Olynyk being bought out and joining the Mavs?

Ryen Russillo speculated he should come to Mavs so our team could look like Hoosiers.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 08:40 PM)HanspardShowerVoice Wrote: Ryen Russillo speculated he should come to Mavs so our team could look like Hoosiers.
Bring Bird in?
Like Reply
Has any team screwed the pooch worse than what Houston did in the Harden trade?
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 11:27 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Has any team screwed the pooch worse than what Houston did in the Harden trade?

I guess we'll see what becomes of those picks .. .but yeah, they could have had friggin Ben Simmons.  

IMHO, the fetishization around hording draft picks, especially for likely non-lottery picks,  for NBA front offices has become a bit comical.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 11:37 AM)HanspardShowerVoice Wrote: I guess we'll see what becomes of those picks .. .but yeah, they could have had friggin Ben Simmons.  

IMHO, the fetishization around hording draft picks, especially for likely non-lottery picks,  for NBA front offices has become a bit comical.

Totally agree. I see it everywhere now online when trades happen. Picks are essentially gold, even though historically the draft is always a crapshoot. 

Though I do think Simmons wasn't ever seriously on the table from the Sixers. If he was, and Fertitta vetoed it solely because of a grudge against Morey, he should be forced to sell the team.

NBA owners that view the team as a long term stock are perfectly content owning a crap team because it's cheap and just gains value. A move like that (if it did happen) means Fertitita doesn't care about the product on the court. NBA needs to get rid of those owners ASAP.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 12:17 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Though I do think Simmons wasn't ever seriously on the table from the Sixers. If he was, and Fertitta vetoed it solely because of a grudge against Morey, he should be forced to sell the team.

I'm not sure he shouldn't be forced to sell the team right now.  LeVert + Allen /w Wood is a foundation for the future and /w Wall is competitive right now.
Like Reply
(03-26-2021, 12:23 PM)cow Wrote: I'm not sure he shouldn't be forced to sell the team right now.  LeVert + Allen /w Wood is a foundation for the future and /w Wall is competitive right now.

You're so right. If only he owned both the Cavs and Pacers so that he can give himself Lavert and Allen.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I'm not even talking about Simmons.  I'm talking about taking Oladipo instead of Jarrett Allen and Caris LeVert.  It would have cost them the Milwaukee 2022 first (likely a very late first).  Jarrett Allen would have brought more in trade yesterday than what Oladipo provided.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/1...9652884489
Like Reply
Someone needs to explain the Oladipo situation which is the biggest mystery of our time. It seems like most fans and media believe he is total trash.

It also seems like most GM's do not value even an Oladipo rental or having his bird rights enough to give anything, even a 2nd round pick. Part of this could have been the fact that it appeared he was Miami-bound for some time.

Okay so here is the mystery part. Oladipo not that long ago turned down a 2 year $45 million dollar extension. He (and his agent) obviously believe he is due a star-ish type contract or somewhere in the neighborhood (20s, if not max). We all know Houston looks stupid for trading for Dipo to begin with.

Is he going to look stupid this offseason if he doesn't play lights out for Miami? Like what are the current odds of Oladipo getting a contract that starts at 20 mil+ a season?

The second part of the mystery surrounding this situation is that Miami has a smart front office. Ya my they see this as a flier but if they thought he was trash they would have gone a different direction.
Like Reply
(03-28-2021, 06:52 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: The second part of the mystery surrounding this situation is that Miami has a smart front office. Ya my they see this as a flier but if they thought he was trash they would have gone a different direction.

Don´t think Oladipo was the first option but the Raptors asked for Tyler Herro and that was never going to happen.
Like Reply
(03-28-2021, 06:52 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: the mystery

I think it is simply a case of Dipo and his agent WANTING to generate hype for him when those in the know would not be fooled with exception of a brand new HOU front office. Dipo and his agent have been pushing that he is or will be again the player he was three years ago, that one hit wonder. No one bought the hype. 

I will be SHOCKED if Dipo signs for anything much higher than $10M per year frankly.
Like Reply
Man if Dipo gets low offers after turning down 2 for 45 that is going to be terrible for him.
Like Reply
(03-28-2021, 08:53 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Man if Dipo gets low offers after turning down 2 for 45 that is going to be terrible for him.

Maybe he is the one who created the 45M rumors
Like Reply
(03-28-2021, 07:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I will be SHOCKED if Dipo signs for anything much higher than $10M per year frankly.

You're going to be extremely shocked then come this offseason.

Dipo is going to sign at a minimum of 4/90.
Like Reply
(03-28-2021, 10:35 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Maybe he is the one who created the 45M rumors

I dont think that's a rumor. It was reported that Houston offered him 2/45. 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/3098...on-rockets

Woj doesn't just make stuff up.

This Dipo situation is fascinating. I was in on Dipo but hearing Donnie's comments I think they saw a Rondo 2.0 type risk factor in bringing him in here.
Like Reply
(03-29-2021, 02:04 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: You're going to be extremely shocked then come this offseason.

Dipo is going to sign at a minimum of 4/90.

I literally have no idea which way things are going to go with Dipo. On his side is that he's playing for a team that might be in the finals. It's just hard to guess how he looks the rest of the season and into the playoffs.
Like Reply