Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: JJ Redick + Nicolo Melli to DAL | JJ + Iwundu + 2021 2nd + cash to NOP
Who the hell is this foreign guy. He looks like sucks something awful lol. 

I imagine that 2nd is basically a "fake" one. 

I don't like giving up a 2nd for JJ freaking Reddick. But I like exchanging JJ for JJ. 

I feel like this other guy is getting cut and we try to sign someone in the buyout market.
Like Reply
Finally found the CharlieV replacement. Melli with the green light to brick from 3. Career 39.5% FG, 31.3% from 3. Mavs added a shooter. Lol.
Like Reply
What horrible asset management....paying a 2nd to get off of Iwundu's deal??
Like Reply
I love Melli. Watched him here in my hometown for years. Was considered way better than Maxi at the time. Lots of potential there.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/status/...2367940608
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1375168552693547018
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 02:31 PM)Thukydides Wrote: I love Melli. Watched him here in my hometown for years. Was considered way better than Maxi at the time. Lots of potential there.

I'm keeping an open mind, but he's already 30, so I'm not sure he has a Kleber-esque future here.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 02:30 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Who the hell is this foreign guy. He looks like sucks something awful lol. 

I imagine that 2nd is basically a "fake" one. 

I don't like giving up a 2nd for JJ freaking Reddick. But I like exchanging JJ for JJ. 

I feel like this other guy is getting cut and we try to sign someone in the buyout market.

Didn´t Melli hit a fadeaway three over Porzingis with the expiring clock to send a game against the Mavs into OT after going 0-6 from three during the game. Huh 

I have no thoughts on the deal either way. Onto the buyout market. It´s the hope that kills you.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 02:31 PM)Thukydides Wrote: I love Melli. Watched him here in my hometown for years. Was considered way better than Maxi at the time. Lots of potential there.

Just turned 30. Lots of potential.
Like Reply
No more Iwundu stealing Green's minutes.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_Andrew_Lopez/status...7779465220
Like Reply
I think Johnson for Reddick is a good swap, tbh. But, we absolutely know that Reddick doesn't want to be here. I 100% guarantee you he was excited about getting bought out and signing in Brooklyn, regardless of what he says at the deadline. Still, he might help them in the playoffs a little, and I actually believe that. He has a chance to play...just a little. 

The BEST part is going to be his next couple of podcasts. He already has the best podcast in basketball, and the Mavs angle will make the next ones even more fun to check out.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 02:27 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: He is done. Can barely move. 

Thus my Peja comparison.  Maybe the headliner of this trade is Melli but I really don't get this trade.  It just seems like a weird snowball effect.  We wanted Wright for defense and he didn't pan out so we traded Curry for JRich and now we miss Curry's shooting so we give up a 2nd for a washed up Reddick and Melli.

(03-25-2021, 02:34 PM)HAguiar95 Wrote: No more Iwundu stealing Green's minutes.

Maybe the hidden upside with the trade.
Like Reply
Just realized that Wes' deal was guaranteed for next year. 

Mavs likely wanted an expiring deal they could waive if they can get someone on the buyout market.

That's my guess for the weird inclusion of Wes since he actually has been playing of late and looked semi ok for a super deep bench guy. 

It makes way more sense if you assume that Melli is going to be cut.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 02:35 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The BEST part is going to be his next couple of podcasts. He already has the best podcast in basketball, and the Mavs angle will make the next ones even more fun to check out.

Duncan Robinson has a podcast as well. Can also shoot and doesn´t need crutches to move around.
Like Reply
Lol, Richard Jefferson and Horry are guffawing about this trade on ESPN!
Like Reply
Too bad no Lyles. Melli is a spare, if it gets a few more Italian fans interested then Cuban will be happy
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 02:37 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Just realized that Wes' deal was guaranteed for next year. 

Mavs likely wanted an expiring deal they could waive if they can get someone on the buyout market.

That's my guess for the weird inclusion of Wes since he actually has been playing of late and looked semi ok for a super deep bench guy. 

Good thoughts.  Maybe the big names run out of open chairs in the buyout market is the hope or we have something worked out under the table.  This just doesn't make a lot of sense.
Like Reply
(03-25-2021, 02:37 PM)cjeter24 Wrote: Just realized that Wes' deal was guaranteed for next year. 

Yeah, Melli doesn't really interest me.  I hope we are aggressive on the buyout market because their may be quite a few guys who are better.  There will be a lot of competition for them though.  But we can sell that there really is a need for a PF type.
Like Reply
This board is becoming a disaster, sorry guys. So much negativity. Johnson for Reddick doesn't work salary wise. So Melli had to be thrown in. Mavs would have to cut one player to make it, because they have a full roster. So why not including additional one to the trade? Anyone thought Iwundu would be a valuable rotation guy next year? We freed a roster spot for next season. Johnson and Iwundu basically didn't play and when they did they were mostly bad. So I trully don't understand how Reddick could be worse. 

On the other hand Reddick is a guy with great respect around the league. Way bigger than Johnson.
Like Reply