Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR favs & 1.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
73.33%
11 73.33%
Clippers
26.67%
4 26.67%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 38: LAC (26-15) @ DAL (20-18) | 99-109 loss
(03-15-2021, 07:26 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Johnson and DP both out tonight. Smells like trade season

It's probably just a coincidence, but Powell, Johnson, and Terry is exactly the amount of outgoing money required to take back Gordon and Fournier. Just sayin'.
Like Reply
(03-15-2021, 08:38 PM)Tyler Wrote: It's probably just a coincidence, but Powell, Johnson, and Terry is exactly the amount of outgoing money required to take back Gordon and Fournier. Just sayin'.

And they did not play last night.
Like Reply
(03-15-2021, 08:38 PM)Tyler Wrote: It's probably just a coincidence, but Powell, Johnson, and Terry is exactly the amount of outgoing money required to take back Gordon and Fournier. Just sayin'.

Or, Love and Windler.

Isn’t it interesting that Powell’s name popped up in two separate rumors today.  When has that ever happened.  I’m not sure I’m buying that a team that almost did a Gordon for Rubio/picks move is now interested in a Powell deal instead.
Like Reply
Mavs getting undressed in crunchtime by the more experienced team. Mavs offense looking confused out there like the 2011 Heat
Like Reply
Mavs gave it their all. I can’t really complain. They match or even exceed the Clips in skill. But the Clips are bigger, longer, faster, and more physical. If the Clips bring a B plus game, like tonight, Mavs can’t beat them.
Like Reply
Awful execution late.   As great as Luka's stats looked he had 7 turnovers and was a negative late.   

8-3-6.  That is the point totals of your starting 2-4 tonight.   Mavs need more juice in starting lineup.  When those guys threes are not falling, they provide very little on offense.   Not nearly good enough.    Clips were able to withstand a poor game by Paul George by getting efficient production from Batum (12 points on 6 shots), Morris (14 points) and Zubac (15 points on 8 shots).

Disappointing we did not see a run in the third quarter with a team coming off a game last night.  Oh well.
Like Reply
And it’s not a mystery what happened tonight. Both sides shot well.  But the Mavs were crushed on the boards and lost the turnover battle. That’s just too many extra possessions to overcome. And Zubac feasted on them again.  Mavs need to get better on the boards if they plan on making any impact this season.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...9444903937
Like Reply
I still don't feel the Clippers are a championship contender team.    They just feel like they are missing something.

I don't know what happened to Luke Kennard but that may have been a miss by the Clipps.   With that being said their free agent signings of Ibaka and Batum has been excellent.  A little better than Iwundu, WCS, and Burke.
Like Reply
(03-15-2021, 10:30 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I still don't feel the Clippers are a championship contender team.    They just feel like they are missing something.

I don't know what happened to Luke Kennard but that may have been a miss by the Clipps.   With that being said their free agent signings of Ibaka and Batum has been excellent.  A little better than Iwundu, WCS, and Burke.

PG13 never looks impressive against us.  He tried to give this game away and we could just never close the gap.  Batum was excellent and Zubac always murders us.
Like Reply
It was a great regular season game though the result was not good for us. Luka looked a bit off the whole night but it happens. You win some lose some.
Like Reply
(03-15-2021, 10:16 PM)Chicagojk Wrote:   Mavs need more juice in starting lineup.  

I agree.  It sounds stupid/counterintuitive when you look at our offensive rating and our defensive rating but Ive been beating that drum that no one takes this team seriously without more firepower.
Like Reply
DFS is a really nice story, but someone better has to start in his place..Maxi too
Like Reply
NBA refs...

https://media.giphy.com/media/5QMOICVmXr.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(03-15-2021, 09:46 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Isn’t it interesting that Powell’s name popped up in two separate rumors today.

I don't think that NO thing was a rumor, it was just a fantasy trade. Nevertheless, I think it would be logical to try to get rid of Powell, so I am not surprised by the rumors at all.
Like Reply
(03-16-2021, 01:04 AM)omahen Wrote: I don't think that NO thing was a rumor, it was just a fantasy trade. Nevertheless, I think it would be logical to try to get rid of Powell, so I am not surprised by the rumors at all.

Good point.  I went back and looked and it isn't current either.  It is four weeks old.  Interesting to note that the author of the Gordon/Powell piece is Jake Fischer.  Where have we heard that name before?

I still don't get this from the Orlando perspective.  Would Powell be the first C off the bench ahead of Birch?  That isn't clear to me.  I get that Powell could play next to Vuc, but that job eventually belongs to Isaac and Okeke.  So, the need is temporary, yet Powell has two years remaining after this one.

Powell isn't a very good conduit to other Mav assets (like Green).  Expiring Johnson would be better.  To me Johnson and Green makes more sense than Powell and Green if I'm Orlando.  I do see the possibility of eating a year of Aminu as part of the price for Gordon.  But WCS would make more sense than Powell as a way for Orlando to offload Aminu.

I don't want Brunson as the outgoing in a deal for Gordon.  Just creates another hole and I'm not sure Gordon is good enough to warrant losing Brunson.

If Dallas was in conversation with Orlando this summer, it would have been someone plus 18 and 31.  I doubt that someone would have been Powell coming off of injury.  I totally get Powell being the outgoing from the Dallas perspective.  I'm just not buying it from the Orlando perspective.
Like Reply
(03-15-2021, 10:30 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I still don't feel the Clippers are a championship contender team.    They just feel like they are missing something.

Good point on Kennard. Clippers thought he would be a better fit than Shamet, because he's a better facilitator. He's basically out the rotation, while Shamet is lighting it up for the Nets.
Like Reply
(03-16-2021, 02:44 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I still don't get this from the Orlando perspective.

I don't think there is an Orlando perspective, I think this was put from Dallas perspective only. I guess it is Dallas offering Powell as salary match and assets. Orlando would accept or reject the offer based on the assets. I think these are all very initial stages of conversations that are leaking.
Like Reply
(03-16-2021, 02:44 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: I don't want Brunson as the outgoing in a deal for Gordon.  Just creates another hole and I'm not sure Gordon is good enough to warrant losing Brunson.

Jalen would be a loss for the Mavericks and he's had a nice season, but he's not starting material.  I'm not really sold on Gordon but if the Mavs are, he'd definitely be a starter.  You have to give something to get something and Jalen's our best chip at the moment.
Like Reply