Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 6.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Thunder
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 34: OKC (14-21) @ DAL (18-16) | 87-78 win | 3 game win streak
Heart 
[Image: EvALt3vUYAIaCSi?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fthunderousintentions.com%2...16825.jpeg]
Like Reply
We joke that every game is a must win but this would be a major let down if the Mavs don't take care of business here.

1. Roster at almost full strength (WCS thumb is messed up)
2. OKC wants to lose games
3. Mavs need momentum headed into all-star break

The Thunder have 14 wins so its not like they are rolling over every night. Given all that's happened this year it would be fantastic to get to the break on a high with 2 wins over 500 with an arrow pointed upward.
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 10:27 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: 1. Roster at almost full strength (WCS thumb is messed up)

Will Luka play? Yesterday I saw news he is questionable
Like Reply
I’m feeling pretty charitable today, and some of the people I’d really like to help are those writers covering the Mavs and Thunder.

It must be hard to type the name Shai Gilgeous-Alexander over and over (these are real writers and can’t just write SGA), and probably will lead to carpal tunnel earlier than may be usual for them. We should help by just beating the Thunder and limiting him so they can just mention him once in their game summary then move on.

Must win game.
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 10:35 AM)omahen Wrote: Will Luka play? Yesterday I saw news he is questionable

yikes
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 10:27 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: We joke that every game is a must win but this would be a major let down if the Mavs don't take care of business here.

We do not joke about winning.
Luka no Luka, must win game and soo too is every next one.
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 10:37 AM)DrMav Wrote: I’m feeling pretty charitable today, and some of the people I’d really like to help are those writers covering the Mavs and Thunder.

It must be hard to type the name Shai Gilgeous-Alexander over and over (these are real writers and can’t just write SGA), and probably will lead to carpal tunnel earlier than may be usual for them. We should help by just beating the Thunder and limiting him so they can just mention him once in their game summary then move on.

Must win game.

Why, how thoughtful of you! Cool
Like Reply
Luka Doncic is getting the night off. Gonna be a tough one to pull out if KP goes cold.

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...3979626501
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 01:59 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Luka Doncic is getting the night off. Gonna be a tough one to pull out if KP goes cold.

Seems like a chance for our boy Brunson to shine!
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 01:59 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Luka Doncic is getting the night off. Gonna be a tough one to pull out if KP goes cold.

Damn. Must have caught the low back tightness from KP. This is why you wear a mask and distance.
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 02:03 PM)loki Wrote: This is why you wear a mask and distance.

This confirms that it's Governor Greg Abbott's fault Luka can't play tonight!
Like Reply
Call me crazy, but this feels like a purposeful day off for Luka and a chance for the team to do some work without him.
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 02:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Call me crazy, but this feels like a purposeful day off for Luka and a chance for the team to do some work without him.

You’re crazy, everyone is getting traded except for Powell and the G-League guys
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 02:32 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Call me crazy, but this feels like a purposeful day off for Luka and a chance for the team to do some work without him.

Call ME crazy, but to me it feels like some combination of Cuban and Luka deciding he needs to be fresh and healthy for the All Star game.
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 02:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Call ME crazy, but to me it feels like some combination of Cuban and Luka deciding he needs to be fresh and healthy for the All Star game.

Which is fine and all, but he better not try to show out and hurt himself in the game! Smile
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 02:01 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Seems like a chance for our boy Brunson to shine!

I would hope that one or both of Brunson and KP goes off tonight. That would be nice headed into the all-star break.
Like Reply
Hopefully the Mavs take care of business tonight.  OKC will compete.  I look at their box scores regularly and they have a mix match group of players who play well on different nights.    They have a few constants but for the most part they have different guys step up.  A Muscala here, a Kenrick Williams there, A little Justin Jackson and a dash of Isaiah Roby, and then top it off with a James Winston.   (I made up one name in there).

For the Mavs, ending the break at .500 with all the hard work over the past few weeks will be disappointing.   Two games over .500 feels much better.
Like Reply
Crazy Prediction:  Trey Burke goes for his Washington Wizards jersey number in points tonight.
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 04:06 PM)cow Wrote: Crazy Prediction:  Trey Burke goes for his Washington Wizards jersey number in points tonight.

Obscure AND crazy. What number did he wear there?
Like Reply
(03-03-2021, 04:07 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Obscure AND crazy. What number did he wear there?

33 (his highest jersey number)
Like Reply