Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
2019-20 Around the NBA: Archived
(10-30-2020, 09:21 AM)omahen Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 09:10 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: The Nets don't need a coach, so I hear.

You made a good point here. D'Antoni and Udoka were brought in just to deal with Irving and Vaughn will be dealing with Durant. This will allow Nash to actually coach and not be relegated to babysitter. What they don't realize, this will be the end of them. You don't need to be a genious to see how Durant will be jealus of Irving, because he has two guys. So he will behave even worse which will destruct the team.

Smile

You gave my hope for my soap back. 
Thank you.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...6438816768

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...4344307713
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 09:21 AM)omahen Wrote: You made a good point here. D'Antoni and Udoka were brought in just to deal with Irving and Vaughn will be dealing with Durant. This will allow Nash to actually coach and not be relegated to babysitter. What they don't realize, this will be the end of them. You don't need to be a genious to see how Durant will be jealus of Irving, because he has two guys. So he will behave even worse which will destruct the team.

Smile

KD and Irving will be interesting to watch. That's two really weird dudes thrown together. Maybe they actually like each other more than everyone else likes them and they end up coexisting! 

I'm playing amature psychologist with two people I don't know, but...Irving's weirdness is a bit baffling. I can't tell where that dude is coming from. But KD just seems to be insecure, addicted to social media, and way too interested in proving himself to the public. So he might be about to get a public opinion break that could help him a bit. He's coming back form a serious injury. He's obviously the better player than Irving. So he's in a bit of an underdog role who isn't piggy backing on anyone else's already established greatness. 

He might just get a break from having to argue with the public and be able to just focus on returning to form and helping a franchise that is kind of primed to be a fan favorite, being an underdog in Brooklyn (a team that folks have wanted to see become a good team for a long time).
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 12:17 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...6438816768

https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...4344307713

I think both sides are just playing a game here. Players don't want to appear powerless and under total control of the league. So we will be looking at a bit of a show for a week with players showing a bit of a muscle. Finally, players will receive a minor concession so they can proclaim successful negotiations and they will proceed with the December start plan. Because it is the thing that makes most sense for all.

(10-30-2020, 12:21 PM)fifteenth Wrote: That's two really weird dudes thrown together. Maybe they actually like each other more than everyone else likes them and they end up coexisting! 

I can totally see this Brooklyn experiment blowing up. As you said, there are some strange dudes gathered together.
Like Reply
KD is interesting to me, relative to this forum. He's coming back off of an Achilles injury, yes? 

There has been a lot of discussion here about how that injury has automatically made Powell "trash." My questions for the people who feel that way are:

Do you think Durrant will still be dominant coming off of that same injury?
Would you have given him the max contract like Brooklyn did?
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 12:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Do you think Durrant will still be dominant coming off of that same injury?

His starting preinjury point is of course ways higher than Powell. So a certain hit still leaves a lot there. Plus he is a shooter, that will not go away.

(10-30-2020, 12:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Would you have given him the max contract like Brooklyn did?

If I am Dallas, no. If I am Brooklyn, I guess I still might, as this seemed like quickest way to contention for them. They didn't have Luka on their team. But of course, both Durant and Kyrie are great risks.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/13...8696271873
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Someday, one of you will have to explain this town's infatuation with that dumbass "M wearing a cowboy hat" logo.
Like Reply
FWIW, I like the blue court better. The green one brings back too many bad memories.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 03:20 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Someday, one of you will have to explain this town's infatuation with that dumbass "M wearing a cowboy hat" logo.

lol I love it and the green colors!
Like Reply
The original color scheme is WAY better than the current one.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 04:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The original color scheme is WAY better than the current one.

The old colors are fine, sure, but forget the colors for a second. 

Type the words "I like the M wearing a cowboy hat logo" into this thread and see if you can keep a straight face while you hit the post reply button. 

How could someone like that logo? It's like something a high school sophomore would do as an art project.
Like Reply
I do not like the logo. I love the color scheme. I was hoping the Mavs would redo the logo for this anniversary while bringing back the old colors and font (they aren't broken).
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 04:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I do not like the logo. I love the color scheme. I was hoping the Mavs would redo the logo for this anniversary while bringing back the old colors and font (they aren't broken).

We can still be friends then. If you had said you want to trade for Tobias Harris AND you liked that logo, I would've felt kind of funny about you, tbh.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 04:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: We can still be friends then.

[Image: 9331cc4c1456a7565f21c3c7f947cbee.gif]
Like Reply
I don't like the M wearing a hat from an asthetic viewpoint, I just like it because I fell in love with the Mavs, with Ro and Harp, while that was the logo. And I also think it might be better than our silly horse logo. How about we find something better than both. It's time to update the look.

(10-30-2020, 05:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 04:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: We can still be friends then.

[Image: 9331cc4c1456a7565f21c3c7f947cbee.gif]

Dog gone, I thought I was each of y'alls best friend.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 05:58 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Dog gone, I thought I was each of y'alls best friend.
Pretty sure Dan has that locked in for everyone on the board. He's everyone's best friend, not everyone is his.
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 04:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I do not like the logo. I love the color scheme. I was hoping the Mavs would redo the logo for this anniversary while bringing back the old colors and font (they aren't broken).

100% agree. 
But the old logo is better than our current logo. So improvements!
Like Reply
(10-30-2020, 03:00 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/13...8696271873

Between this, the announcement of the green throwbacks, and the new leaks for the city edition, I think this is the first time in forever that the Mavs actually nailed jersey design this year.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
They can put horseshit on the front of the jersey as long as it says Giannis on the back. Big Grin
Like Reply