Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
2019-20 Around the NBA: Archived
(11-04-2019, 03:31 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 01:38 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: ESPN has us ranked 13 in new power rankings.

Yeah but what is bogus imo is we haven't moved since last week... Not sure how we supposedly are in the same spot when clearly we are rising in the power rankings of this league...

Haha never said I agree. Actually I would put Dallas at 5 right now.
Like Reply
Not just that; they have both Rockets and Nuggets ahead of us. I don't see how. One is 3-3 and has gotten killed when they lose; the other we beat in their home and they lost to the Pelicans
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 08:52 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/...3121521665
Seeing DAJ makes me so happy he is not messing with Luka this year.  This team is so much more fun to watch without DAJ, DSJ and Wes. 
The attitude of this team is refreshing.
Only THJ gives me a roller coaster ride of like and rage but he is trying as hard as his skill level permits.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 04:38 PM)Hypermav Wrote: This team is so much more fun to watch without DAJ, DSJ and Wes. 
The attitude of this team is refreshing.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2860...her#slide4

Bleacherreport has us 12 and drop a rank somehow.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/status...5872672768
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 07:19 PM)Mavericks321 Wrote: Houston getting their asses whooped!

CP3 to Westbrook was a huge downgrade defensively.  Houston is one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA right now.
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 07:10 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 06:54 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Man Moreyball sure is ugly.

rockets are unwatchable to me. Just Harden chucking threes and the other four watching him. We should free Gordon from them :-)

Gordon is having a terrible start to the season. His shooting% is at  career lows, especially from 3. Rockets are starting Daniel House, over him, he's been so bad.
Like Reply
Pulling for the Bucks and Sixers to give losses to the Suns and T-pups.
Like Reply
Brandon Ingram breaking out. Averaging 29ppg with high efficiency.
Like Reply
Harden hits Crowder in the nuts, Crowder goes after him in a scrum, and gets ejected. Harden the perp, doesn't. Freakin Harden gets away with murder.
Like Reply
So, um; are the Suns for reals this year?
Like Reply
^^ They finally have a coach. Monte Williams is the reason for the great start.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 11:23 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: ^^  They finally have a coach. Monte Williams  is the reason for the great start.

Also Devin Booker is playing like he's inhuman. 24ppg on nearly 50% FG, 47% from 3, and 87% from the line. Booker was always a scorer, but he's never been efficient. Seems like that's starting to change and that's terrifying for the league. 

Aaron Baynes is also exactly what they needed. His defense and rebounding has been a big change for Phoenix. Rubio has been super solid.

If Booker regresses, and Rubio starts to miss his shots, I can see PHX faltering after their hot start, similarly to Orlando back in 2016. But I honestly like seeing Booker succeed. He's one of my favorite young up and comers in the league.

(11-04-2019, 05:17 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: CP3 to Westbrook was a huge downgrade defensively.  Houston is one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA right now.

Houston had a slow start last year. I just think Harden comes into camp out of shape and plays his way back into it. 

I obviously hope Houston torpedoes down the standings, but I just think they're due to correct back to their regular selves. But I think their defense has gotten noticeably worse and that's going to limit them in making any sort of run in the playoffs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 11:13 PM)iolide Wrote: So, um; are the Suns for reals this year?
They are surely gonna compete for a playoff spot. Booker is an allstar this year, and they are doing it without Ayton. Baynes is balling. Their 2 losses were pretty close as well, similar to the Mavs losses.

Also beating the Sixers without Embiid isn't really a crazy thing for me. Sixers might be 5-0, but they aren't even close to the same team without Embiid. If Blazers had a Big, they could have easily won that game vs. Sixers. It was such a fluke win for the Sixers. Sixers had like 80 pts in the paint because Tolliver was basically the Blazers only "Big" available, and Sixers shoot like 29 times more than the Blazers ...

Simmons is such a disappointment after those offseason videos of him shooting the ball and if the Sixers cant get past the Bucks, he is gonna be the main problem. A PG in the dunker spot under the basket because he wants no part of the ball. That is a big yikes from me. No1 is talking about it, because the Sixers started great. But his offense showing no signs of any improvement so far.
Like Reply
Having a real PG makes all the difference in the world.
Like Reply
As much as I like Boban, I wish we had signed Aron Baynes.

Ja Morant looks like the real deal.
Like Reply
Blazers losing to the Warriors and that rookie Paschall having a coming out party.
Like Reply
The G League Warriors, beat the Blazers, 127-118 for their 1st win at Chase Center. Rookie Eric Paschall had a career high 36 pts and 13 rebs. Just shows you, you can lose to anybody on any given night. This loss, could haunt the Blazers down the road.

(11-05-2019, 12:34 AM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: As much as I like Boban, I wish we had signed Aron Baynes.

Ja Morant looks like the real deal.

Morant is the favorite for ROY, with maybe RJ Barrett.
(11-05-2019, 12:53 AM)sefant Wrote: Blazers losing to the Warriors and that rookie Paschall having a coming out party.
Like Reply
Man, Paschall was the one I wanted the Mavs to pick in the second round.  Do you think he'd be as productive if he were in the Mavs system?
Like Reply