Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
2019-20 Around the NBA: Archived
(11-01-2019, 07:40 AM)j0Shi Wrote: Westbrook over Curry is no longer just a take that you can disagree with. It's grade A troll material that you need to call out on the spot as a serious NBA fan. And then demanding research when your own claims are based on a lousy four game sample? Sure. Sorry I hurt your feelings, but I guess there's an ignore button somewhere around here that you're free to use.

Westbrook > Curry is just silly. I doubt Russ' mom even believes that. And ThunderMav is being too sensitive. I don't think he should care if you call him a troll. 

But a Mom level homer take isn't trolling. It's just a really, really bad take. If you'll scroll up a bit you can tell what the people who actually know ThunderMav think about him. 

As long was we're issuing nitpicky criticism, what kind of apology is "...but I guess there's an ignore button"? LOL. Better to just not apologize than issue something like that.
Like Reply
iolide Wrote:I think Jimmy B fits into that team perfectly. They hustle, defend, and they are long and athletic. Herro can shoot it man.

I agree with the Hawks; for all the love Collins get - he clearly won't be able to get it done without Trae. They looked pretty bad without him.

Also, did anyone see the athletic airball by the future hall of famer Cam Reddish? Man, Carlisle would have pulled him and sat him for a week for this play, lol.

https://twitter.com/ChrisVernonShow/stat...02986?s=20

Miami has 2 diamonds in the rough, with Herro and Kendrick Nunn, a G League find from Oakland U, outside Detroit. He put up 40 in a preseason game vs Houston, and had 28 last night vs Atlanta.  He's very athletic, and plays with a lot of poise for a rookie. Dion Waiters is expendable now, with probably not many suiters.

Can't believe people calling ThunderMav a troll.  He's a good poster, and seems like a better person.  I might lighten up posting here, if differing opinions can't be shared without consternation or repercussions.
Like Reply
538 Updated their Preditions Table after the first week.   Mavs move up to #7 in Current Rating.   68% chance of making the playoffs, thanks in part to a Warriors and Kings nosedive.   

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/202...edictions/
Like Reply
jOSHi came in the thread bad mouthing one of our better members and tried to alienate him and instead got flamed with dislikes and got praises from our members towards a good poster. I like it!

I'd like to tip my hat here and say good show fellas. Just shows what a solid group of members we have here at this moment.
Like Reply
Meanwhile Harrison Barnes makes the put back game winner for the Kings with 3s left on the clock.
Like Reply
(11-01-2019, 11:35 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Meanwhile Harrison Barnes makes the put back game winner for the Kings with 3s left on the clock.

Glad they beat the Jazz.

Kings got their win but they still look quite frazzled. If they keep underperforming I wonder if Walton gets replaced.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSW/status/1...6507245569
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
3rd straight 20-20 game from Drummond. 25 pts, 20 rebs, 6 assts, and 5 blks, as the. Injury riddled Pistons beat the Nets, 113-109. Jackson, Frazier, Griffin and Rose are all sidelined with  injuries. Drummond passes Shaq, with the 35th 20-20 game of his career. This is a contract year, so no surprise he's playing out his mind. Don't know if a team will give him a max deal though.
Like Reply
Wow the Rockets are getting annihilated by the heat.
Man Moreyball sure is ugly. I really hope Carlisle will not go for 50 threes when the shots aren't falling. 3s might have a higher points per play on average but the variance between games is way too high. It's not a recipe for ongoing success.
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 06:54 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Man Moreyball sure is ugly.

rockets are unwatchable to me. Just Harden chucking threes and the other four watching him. We should free Gordon from them :-)
Like Reply
They don't let Rick shoot
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 07:11 PM)fifteenth Wrote: They don't let Rick shoot

Haha, that made me laugh.

Just skipping through some games right now.

Knicks look ugly should be an easy win.
Sac doesn't scare me either.

Miami and Rockets look beatable.
Like Reply
Houston getting their asses whooped!
Like Reply
(11-03-2019, 07:13 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: Miami and Rockets look beatable.

Miami absolutely terrifies me. I thought they would have zero depth to go along with an aging roster, but OF COURSE they find 2 freaking gems in Tyler "2nd coming of Klay Thompson" Herro, and Kendrick Nunn. 

Exactly what they needed and now they look to be one of the more balanced teams in the East. I don't think they're contenders, but could easily knock someone out of the playoffs.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/KevinOConnorNBA/stat...3490166784
Like Reply
It's still early, but this game is a huge red flag for Houston.  Westbrook had a +/- tonight of -46, which is hard to believe is even possible.  This could be the year when the ever-present chemistry issues finally catch up to them.  The west really is wide-open.
Like Reply
Judging by how most people thought the West was going to be, it looks different.
Wolves & Suns look better than expected. Same for the Mavs so far.
Utah/Blazers/Rockets all seem very vulnerable.
Kings/Pelicans Looks bad, though the former has the chance to fix things. GSW is out of the race.
Lakers,Clippers,Denver seem to be lock for playoff spot barring a major injury. And probably those 3 are the real contenders in the West
Spurs will most likely find a way to reach post season again.
Like Reply
James Harden and Russell Westbrook are 24-107 (22.4%) from three to start the year. That will eventually regress back to the mean, but yeah ... it's not pretty right now, and that's a combustible franchise from the top down. One of their limitations is their two staple foundational players are bad on defense, which limits how good they can be as a total defensive unit. I think people think Westbrook is a good defender because he's intense, athletic and occasionally makes a few highlight reel plays that get a lot of attention, but on a possession by possession basis he's really not.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/...3121521665
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2799...ay-perfect

ESPN has us ranked 13 in new power rankings.
Like Reply
(11-04-2019, 01:38 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: ESPN has us ranked 13 in new power rankings.

Yeah but what is bogus imo is we haven't moved since last week... Not sure how we supposedly are in the same spot when clearly we are rising in the power rankings of this league...
Like Reply