Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
2019-20 Around the NBA: Archived
https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...52361?s=20

@"Scott41theMavs"
@"DanSchwartzman"
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 02:13 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...52361?s=20

@"Scott41theMavs"
@"DanSchwartzman"

Tired of the effing yo-yo. I'm fine with the options going until after the draft (I like that that would keep the Mavs from anal-expulsively dumping WCS's cheap contract in a draft trade), but I just want to know definitively what's up.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 02:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I like that that would keep the Mavs from anal-expulsively dumping WCS's cheap contract in a draft trade

You really love our boys in blue, don't you Smile Here is the list of FA centers that will be signed near vet min this offseason. I guess some of them could replace WCS as a third string center on our team: (my favorite) Hartenstein, Plumlee, Len, Giles, Henson, Hernangomez, Leonard, Biyombo.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 03:32 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 02:16 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: I like that that would keep the Mavs from anal-expulsively dumping WCS's cheap contract in a draft trade

You really love our boys in blue, don't you Smile Here is the list of FA centers that will be signed near vet min this offseason. I guess some of them could replace WCS as a third string center on our team: (my favorite) Hartenstein, Plumlee, Len, Giles, Henson, Hernangomez, Leonard, Biyombo.

LOL third string.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 03:55 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: LOL third string.

Exactly what WCS will be with KP and Powell on the team.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 04:24 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-11-2020, 03:55 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: LOL third string.

Exactly what WCS will be with KP and Powell on the team.

LOL Powell second string to start this year. I was granting you the benefit of the doubt and presuming you meant Bobi. Wow. I'll fly my freak flag as a WCS homer, but it is ***extreme*** Powell homerism to argue that he will be capable of playing that kind of minutes the first half of the season without costing the Mavs wins.

Matter of fact, if KP isn't ready to roll on 22 December, and if WCS is still here, then he's likely the starter.
Like Reply
WCS will probably get the Delon Wright or Nerlens Noel treatment IMO.  Advanced stats say he's pretty good but he drives veteran coaches crazy by making bonehead plays.  I expect him to fall out of the rotation by the second half of the season.
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 04:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Matter of fact, if KP isn't ready to roll on 22 December, and if WCS is still here, then he's likely the starter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 04:38 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: but it is ***extreme*** Powell homerism to argue that he will be capable of playing that kind of minutes the first half of the season without costing the Mavs wins

Call it as you like. I am very sure Mavs will give Powell every opportunity to get back into playing shape. They need to increase his value, not just solidify a relatively big negative contract on the bench.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...7659481092
Like Reply
(11-11-2020, 04:48 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...7659481092

Pop era coming to an end.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...0677708800
Like Reply
Old, but timely.

https://preview.redd.it/gtriwuwwtga21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f5e3db4ef6fdf5f66d68419e6586c6f95aa3f208
Like Reply
Quote:Tyler

Old, but timely.

https://preview.redd.it/gtriwuwwtga21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f5e3db4ef6fdf5f66d68419e6586c6f95aa3f208

They own two 1st round picks in the next seven drafts. They are capped out with their four core players for the next two years, who are all guards over 30 years old. They currently have no nominal PF or C under contract. Their best player under 27 is Chris Clemons. I have never ever heard of the dude, so how do I know that? Cause he´s their only player under 27.

No wonder Daryl "Parasite" Morey ran away. He stripped them down to the bare bone and it´s time to move onto his next host.

They basically have to trade Westbrook just to have any hopes of balancing that roster. Orlando makes a lot of sense to be honest. Fultz, Ross, Aminu and Bamba works.

Westbrook
Fournier
Gordon
Isaac
Vucevic

I have seen Westbrook win 45 games with far less in the West.

Harden/Fultz
Gordon/Ross
Covington/House
Tucker/Aminu
Veteran C/Bamba

And that actually looks like a pretty good deep roster, too.
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 04:30 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: No wonder Daryl "Parasite" Morey ran away. He stripped them down to the bare bone and it´s time to move onto his next host.

I don't get this hate here. Houston was a contender for a long time and Morey tried everything to win it all. They even came close once. Unfortunately, only one team wins per season and many fail. As a natural way of life in NBA, a period of contending is followed by a rebuilding period. As far as I am considered Morey, did his job and he was good at it. Trading for Westbrook was a final nail in the coffin of Houston contender in this period. Do we really know it was Morey who wanted to do this deal or did he have to do it?

As for his "running away". How do you know he really ran away? How do you know management actually did have interest to obtain him? Because Fertitta is giving nice media statements? Like "we will do anything to win" (with the fine print - just don't get in tax, trade players Harden doesn't like because they are trying to hold him accountable, we will not resign coach you like because he is too expensive,...).

I am not claiming Morey is blameless, but to single him out like this? Obviously Philly thinks he brings a lot to the table, based on what contract they gave him.
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 05:45 AM). omahen Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 04:30 AM)Mavs2019 Wrote: No wonder Daryl "Parasite" Morey ran away. He stripped them down to the bare bone and it´s time to move onto his next host.

I don't get this hate here. Houston was a contender for a long time and Morey tried everything to win it all. They even came close once. Unfortunately, only one team wins per season and many fail. As a natural way of life in NBA, a period of contending is followed by a rebuilding period. As far as I am considered Morey, did his job and he was good at it. Trading for Westbrook was a final nail in the coffin of Houston contender in this period. Do we really know it was Morey who wanted to do this deal or did he have to do it?

As for his "running away". How do you know he really ran away? How do you know management actually did have interest to obtain him? Because Fertitta is giving nice media statements? Like "we will do anything to win" (with the fine print - just don't get in tax, trade players Harden doesn't like because they are trying to hold him accountable, we will not resign coach you like because he is too expensive,...).

I am not claiming Morey is blameless, but to single him out like this? Obviously Philly thinks he brings a lot to the table, based on what contract they gave him.

Given that he was not fired after the China/Hongkong Tweet, but instead given a five year extension, it would seem highly unusual that he was fired and fully compensated for his whole contract five year contract a few months later.

The Houston owner seems financially tight, so clearly Morey wanted out, too. Otherwise he´d still be there. I doubt he got any financial compensation, so it was at least a mutual agreement, he was happy to sign.

Running away is strong, so let´s call it happily left.
Like Reply
I'd be willing to bet a significant sum that the whole Westbrook/CP3 debacle trade that stripped them of all their picks was done by the owner and Harden.

Every single Rockets fan hates Fertitta for being a jackass causing Morey to leave.
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 12:26 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I'd be willing to bet a significant sum that the whole Westbrook/CP3 debacle trade that stripped them of all their picks was done by the owner and Harden.

Every single Rockets fan hates Fertitta for being a jackass causing Morey to leave.

More than enough reasons to hate Fertitta. It´s all about profit.

From earlier this year:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/3/26/2...wner-covid
Like Reply
(11-12-2020, 12:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(11-12-2020, 12:26 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: I'd be willing to bet a significant sum that the whole Westbrook/CP3 debacle trade that stripped them of all their picks was done by the owner and Harden.

More than enough reasons to hate Fertitta. It´s all about profit.

From earlier this year:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/3/26/2...wner-covid
They hate him as much as I hated Perot Jr...slash his tires level hate...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I quit eating at Del Friscos once I learned Fertitta owned it.
Like Reply