Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Schroder to LAL | #28 to OKC | Green to OKC or 3rd team?
The unfair basketball gods, instead of giving Presti his just desserts, will probably make 28 turn out to be "Marc Gasol 2020."
Like Reply
(11-15-2020, 05:09 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The unfair basketball gods, instead of giving Presti his just desserts, will probably make 28 turn out to be "Marc Gasol 2020."

Dude, why are you so scared of Sam Presti? Like, I get that you guys respect his chintzy, “make every small asset count” style, but he HAS to approach the job like that because he runs a small market team where nobody wants to be. 

This is the guy who had three future MVPs on his team, ended up with no championships and lost all of them during or before their primes. Trash. If he was a better GM, he would’ve gotten a better job by now. He’s a small potatoes exec running a small potatoes team.
Like Reply
(11-15-2020, 05:14 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-15-2020, 05:09 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: The unfair basketball gods, instead of giving Presti his just desserts, will probably make 28 turn out to be "Marc Gasol 2020."

Dude, why are you so scared of Sam Presti? Like, I get that you guys respect his chintzy, “make every small asset count” style, but he HAS to approach the job like that because he runs a small market team where nobody wants to be.

This is the guy who had three future MVPs on his team, ended up with no championships and lost all of them during or before their primes. Trash. If he was a better GM, he would’ve gotten a better job by now. He’s a small potatoes exec running a small potatoes team.

My point is, this is the first time he *didn't* milk another team. I don't think there's a reasonable possibility he couldn't have gotten more for Schroder from someone out there - or from the Lakers themselves.
Like Reply
I just saw the Green news and keep thinking “he’s definitely going to be a Mav isn’t he?”
Like Reply