Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
5 50.00%
Suns
50.00%
5 50.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 21: PHX (11-8) @ DAL (8-13) | 108-109 loss | 6 game losing streak
(02-01-2021, 10:55 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Foul to give.

I didn't realize that. What a stupid losers they are...
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 10:56 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: We're now 13th in the West.

Mavs have been 13th in the West....trying desperately for 14th.
Like Reply
Suns are just too good. Two elite shot-makers...meanwhile we've got DFS bricking the shot that could have iced the game. There's just nothing we can do this season against the better and more talented teams. 

Defense could not do anything, CP3 and Booker caused so many matchup problems in the half court that even if they missed or had a loose ball, we couldn't secure the ball because we were constantly out of position from scrambling around
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 10:56 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: We're now 13th in the West.

watch us "win" the lottery
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 10:57 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote:
(02-01-2021, 10:56 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: Ayton had 6 offensive Rebounds by himself and of course KP had 0 offensive rebounds. That is the key stat that lost us this game.

That is a direct reflection of KP
Ayton is around the basket.

KP’s 7’3” ass is allergic to the paint.

Yeah not to mention he cannot consistently beat mismatches offensively. If his shot is not falling he is pretty limited
Like Reply
They keep doing the same thing over and over and over and over....and over and over and over.

PnR...but never roll...everyone else stand around the 3 pt line...and make sure not to start any action until 8-10 left on shot clock so if our first action doesn’t work we have to rely on Luka Magic or a late clock forced 3 by someone else.

Stagnant FO keeps trying the same failed roster building.

Stagnant HC keeps trying the same failed clutch time game plan.
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 10:56 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: Ayton had 6 offensive Rebounds by himself and of course KP had 0 offensive rebounds. That is the key stat that lost us this game.

That is a direct reflection of KP

Don´t care about KPs offensive rebounds. That´s not his job. But it is his job to box out Ayton and he failed to do it on the most important possession of the game.
Watched the replay at least six times and I don´t get what he is doing. DFS prevents the initial rebound and easy points for Ayton. KP is standing at the FT line. He is not stoping CP3s drive. He is not boxing out Ayton. What is he doing???
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 10:58 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Suns are just too good. Two elite shot-makers...meanwhile we've got DFS bricking the shot that could have iced the game. There's just nothing we can do this season against the better and more talented teams.

Defense could not do anything, CP3 and Booker caused so many matchup problems in the half court that even if they missed or had a loose ball, we couldn't secure the ball because we were constantly out of position from scrambling around

You're much more the "sky is falling" prophet right now than I am, but I said before the beginning of the season that the Suns had definitely overtaken us in roster quality.
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 11:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Don´t care about KPs offensive rebounds. That´s not his job. But it is his job to box out Ayton and he failed to do it on the most important possession of the game.
Watched the replay at least six times and I don´t get what he is doing. DFS prevents the initial rebound and easy points for Ayton. KP is standing at the FT line. He is not stoping CP3s drive. He is not boxing out Ayton. What is he doing???

I’m doing my best to stay off the trade KP train because his value is probably pretty minimal right now....but he is a huge issue right now.  

He brings no energy to the game.  Actually he seems to sap energy front the team a lot of the time.
Like Reply
I thought the team played well against a good Suns team.  Maxi was not 100 percent back yet.  I liked what Tim and JRich gave us tonight.  Luka played well.  DFS just had to match Langston Galloway and he couldn't get it done.  CP3 really won the game though, keeping PHX in the game when Dallas could have run away.  Bad luck for Dallas at the end.
Like Reply
Sucks to lose, but the Mavs did look better to me than in a while.  Maxi only played 18 minutes.  The Suns are really good when CP plays this well.  With Booker also heating up, this was going to be tough to win. 

Another bright spot -- the Mavs got to the FT line a lot, went 24-25 there.  CP was just too good.
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 11:02 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Don´t care about KPs offensive rebounds. That´s not his job. But it is his job to box out Ayton and he failed to do it on the most important possession of the game.

It actually matters

You have to be able to balance out those second chance points somehow and somewhere. 

If he his guy is giving them 6 extra posessions then where do you get them from to balance it out
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 11:08 PM)mtrot Wrote: CP was just too good.
I hate this fact.
Like Reply
Bad luck my a$$. Incredibly low basketball IQ. You have to use that foul to give on that possession. Bad game by the coach too. No excuses for that pathetic breakdown.
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 11:07 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I thought the team played well against a good Suns team.  Maxi was not 100 percent back yet.  I liked what Tim and JRich gave us tonight.  Luka played well.  DFS just had to match Langston Galloway and he couldn't get it done.  CP3 really won the game though, keeping PHX in the game when Dallas could have run away.  Bad luck for Dallas at the end.

[Image: tumblr_mma79mi7gU1sp9fcho1_500.gif]
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 11:07 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I thought the team played well against a good Suns team.  Maxi was not 100 percent back yet.  I liked what Tim and JRich gave us tonight.  Luka played well.  DFS just had to match Langston Galloway and he couldn't get it done.  CP3 really won the game though, keeping PHX in the game when Dallas could have run away.  Bad luck for Dallas at the end.

One time...bad luck. Two times...might be bad luck. Three times...I have some questions. Ten times...Something is wrong.

Mavs are well past the point of bad luck. Something is wrong. They have a lot of issues right now and clutch execution is still one of the most obvious ones.
Why is DFS on the floor on the last offensive possession of the game (not counting the Luka 3 at the buzzer). Why is a bad 3-point shooter taking the shot to win/lose the game? Why are the Mavs taking a 3 when they only need two to secure the win?
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 11:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: tumblr_mma79mi7gU1sp9fcho1_500.gif]

What did I say that was not true.  Maxi was close to getting jump ball.  Booker was guarded well and could have missed,  the odds were greater that he would miss.
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 11:15 PM)Hypermav Wrote: What did I say that was not true. 

I was not saying you said anything false. Just observing your eternal optimism. Nothing more!
Like Reply
I feel bad for the team. They played hard the last two games but lost. When you lose there are always possessions that you can question. 

The real issue is that other teams have improved. Phoenix was good With Cp3 and Bridges playing well they are better. Ayton would easily be the 2nd most valuable player on our roster. He is probably #4 on Phoenix. I think Houston is also better. 

KP has played poorly. Luka has improved in certain facets but he is still maddeningly a poor 3 pt shooter who is given free reign. When top stars have glaring faults all of that hurt over the course of a game. 

Last is now everyone is criticizing. But this same board loves when the Mavs don’t spend in FA on what they believe is too much. They could have got D’Angelo and some others but chose to distribute that among mediocre talent.  At the end of the day it is a talent issue. Love our boys in blue but our roster is weak.  When other teams are improving and you cannot draft well you cannot go cheap in FA and decide that only certain players are worth paying for.
Like Reply
(02-01-2021, 11:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: One time...bad luck. Two times...might be bad luck. Three times...I have some questions. Ten times...Something is wrong.

Mavs are well past the point of bad luck. Something is wrong. They have a lot of issues right now and clutch execution is still one of the most obvious ones.
Why is DFS on the floor on the last offensive possession of the game (not counting the Luka 3 at the buzzer). Why is a bad 3-point shooter taking the shot to win/lose the game? Why are the Mavs taking a 3 when they only need two to secure the win?

I was talking about tonight's game only and the series of events at the end.  The Mavs made some mistakes but so did PHX.  Mavs could have easily won, but didn't.
Like Reply