Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.5 pt RAPTOR & 1.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
71.43%
10 71.43%
Suns
28.57%
4 28.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 20: PHX (10-8) @ DAL (8-12) | 105-111 loss
(01-30-2021, 11:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(01-30-2021, 11:49 PM)Kammrath Wrote: FIFY

His teammates missed some shots, and Crowder and others did make some big ones, that’s true.

But, I do feel like Luka had three or four opportunities in the paint that had been falling for him all game and suddenly failed him down the stretch. I’m not trying to jump all over the kids – I love him.

I just think you have to be really, really close to perfect to be Chris Paul in a close game.

On the bright side, I did NOT think that Luka played too much hero ball in the fourth tonight. I think they were many good possessions where he found the open man and they missed, just like you said. I think that’s progress.

I started to shudder when the Mavs let their foot off the gas when they were up 15. If Paul is so clutch and Booker isn't there, it's curtains to let the Suns back into the game at that point. At some point, both with Luka and with his teammates, I think you have to consider the role the back-to-back played for the Mavs.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So we have to settle for 20 more years of crooked reffing against the Mavs? That's a bad look for a sporting organization that's already had a black eye from crooked reffing.

It might be particularly bad this year because of empty arenas thanks to COVID.  You can just hear more because of the reduced crowd noise.  If you've got the owner and the superstar chirping at you ad nauseum, you'll just start ignoring them all together.  Luka would be better to pick his spots and even get a technical if need be rather than talking to the while in transition or going to them at every stop of play.  It's what CP3 did tonight.  He got a T and then came right back with a 3PM and lead his team to victory.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:53 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Yes the game is about 3 pt shooting but the game has not changed so much that you don’t need to get a mixture of shots to maximize your chances. RC needs to be held accountable here too than just talk about Cuban griping.

I think the team is shooting a ton of mid range shots this year. Like, way more than last year. They are even trying to run the offense through Luka and KP in the post.

Look, the coach deserves some blame. The players deserve some blame.

I just brought up the thing about Cuban because I could hear every word he said really clearly through the whole game and it was embarrassing. I didn’t mean it as some sort of “aha” explanation of the team’s struggles, though it HAS to have an impact on the refs.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif?itemid=9164019]

In the long run, maybe it's best the team lost tonight and they snap the skid with Luka/KP both playing.  /glass half full?

I do think they looked much better tonight in large part thanks to WCS.  It's too bad the clock will strike midnight and he'll turn back into a pumpkin soon.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:47 PM)cow Wrote: How am I supporting it?   Pointing out the realities of a situation that Luka has some control over isn't supporting him getting mugged and refs turning a blind eye.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10694047]

Of course you are. Supporting illegality.
So, hope Cuban and Luka will even elevate their voices in the future in fight for Legality of the game even of their own cost, on the cost of Dallas Mavericks.
Refs are joke in nba.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:58 PM)cow Wrote: I do think they looked much better tonight

Phoenix is obviously much worse team than Utah. Still managed to shoot 45 % from three. And I thought defense was decent. 

(01-30-2021, 11:58 PM)cow Wrote: thanks to WCS

He was good.
Like Reply
This board is crazy.

Every once in awhile, the atmosphere gets so charged that one poster gets another poster’s hackles up, and then the second poster proceeds to attack anyone suggesting anything that could possibly be in support of the first poster’s point. 

In reality, no one is even reading what anyone else writes and few of these thoughts are connected. It’s bananas.

I sure hope the Mavericks win a game soon.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:02 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: I sure hope the Mavericks win a game soon.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:57 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I think the team is shooting a ton of mid range shots this year. Like, way more than last year. They are even trying to run the offense through Luka and KP in the post.

Look, the coach deserves some blame. The players deserve some blame.

I just brought up the thing about Cuban because I could hear every word he said really clearly through the whole game and it was embarrassing. I didn’t mean it as some sort of “aha” explanation of the team’s struggles, though it HAS to have an impact on the refs.

The offense though when push comes to shove still seems to be Luka doing his thing and kicking it out to for a 3 to guys who are not shooting well . It seems like an impromptu offense designed to completely revolve around Luka’s greatness than run sets constantly that could help Luka too.  

It is a mentality. You have to constantly want to get dirty in this game. Only one team with a collection of 3 of the greatest shooters could rely on pure outside shooting. The rest of the teams including the Lakers last year needed to constantly grind inside and outside. There are no easy ways. As mentioned even last year this team had a lot of clueless moments in the clutch against good teams. That was with their so called historic offense. 

The complaining by Luka and Cuban is a symptom of the team not being ready to mentally grind and absorb wounds and battle. Cubam won’t change. Luka has to change. All great players never really get their dues because they are beaten up all the time . The refs are not biased against Luka.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 11:59 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Of course you are. Supporting illegality.
So, hope Cuban and Luka will even elevate their voices in the future in fight for Legality of the game even of their own cost, on the cost of Dallas Mavericks.
Refs are joke in nba.

You probably aren't worth replying to due to lack of understanding and idiotic assumptions, but let's try one last time.

The bolded is true.  Every team deals with this.  Most players and owners are smart enough to know that refs are human and you can get on their bad side which will lead to unfavorable outcomes.  That doesn't make it right but it's the world we live in.  I gaurentee you that if Luka toned down harping on officials throughout the game, he'd get more calls.  The good news for him is that he is young and will learn this with time.  The bad news for him is our owner is old and is unlikely to change.    

If you think that's me supporting our the system works, I don't know what tell you.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...20998?s=20
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:14 AM)Hypermav Wrote: https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status...20998?s=20

Bad luck certainly played it's part.  The loose ball scramble in the 4th that fell into Ayton's hands for an easy dunk sticks out.  WCS and Powell both had attempted punch outs on rebounds that had no oomf to them.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:17 AM)cow Wrote: Bad luck certainly played it's part.  The loose ball scramble in the 4th that fell into Ayton's hands for an easy dunk sticks out.  WCS and Powell both had attempted punch outs on rebounds that had no oomf to them.

Phoenix shooting 45 % from three when Mavs played decent defense was huge. I would say it also falls under the bad luck category.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:18 AM)omahen Wrote:
(01-31-2021, 12:17 AM)cow Wrote: Bad luck certainly played it's part. The loose ball scramble in the 4th that fell into Ayton's hands for an easy dunk sticks out. WCS and Powell both had attempted punch outs on rebounds that had no oomf to them.

Phoenix shooting 45 % from three when Mavs played decent defense was huge. I would say it also falls under the bad luck category.

But everyone has done that in the past 10 games or so (our three point defense was quite good before then). At some point, it isn't just luck.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:18 AM)omahen Wrote: Phoenix shooting 45 % from three when Mavs played decent defense was huge. I would say it also falls under the bad luck category.

It's a weird season anyway.  Shortened offseason, lot's of new faces, KP hurt to start things off, the COVID Foursome, playing the most road games in the league to date, etc.

Calling the season lost is premature even if there are a lot of reasons to be concerned.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:10 AM)cow Wrote: You probably aren't worth replying to due to lack of understanding and idiotic assumptions, but let's try one last time.

The bolded is true.  Every team deals with this.  Most players and owners are smart enough to know that refs are human and you can get on their bad side which will lead to unfavorable outcomes.  That doesn't make it right but it's the world we live in.  I gaurentee you that if Luka toned down harping on officials throughout the game, he'd get more calls.  The good news for him is that he is young and will learn this with time.  The bad news for him is our owner is old and is unlikely to change.    

If you think that's me supporting our the system works, I don't know what tell you.

I understand. As well as I understand why calling an idiot someone who says out loud that he doesn’t like systemic irregularities, protectionism, inequality.

So to calm down, I fully understand your in your last sentence.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:29 AM)LukTheShadow Wrote: I understand. As well as I understand why calling an idiot someone who says out loud that he doesn’t like systemic irregularities, protectionism, inequality.

So to calm down, I fully understand your in your last sentence.

I was probably overly harsh towards you so apologies but don't confuse asking Luka/Cuban to position themselves the best way possible within a very fault system the same as supporting that faulty system.

The saddest thing of it all is that Cuban has some really smart ideas about technology and referee development, but he just can't help himself and it hinders the team.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:02 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: This board is crazy.

Every once in awhile, the atmosphere gets so charged that one poster gets another poster’s hackles up, and then the second poster proceeds to attack anyone suggesting anything that could possibly be in support of the first poster’s point. 

In reality, no one is even reading what anyone else writes and few of these thoughts are connected. It’s bananas.

I sure hope the Mavericks win a game soon.
I feel you...as someone told me after the last game, emotions are high after a loss but things will get back to normal after some sleep.
Like Reply
Josh Richardson isn't as good as I thought he was.

Knowing the Mavs will never sign a decent free agent, I wish we had traded for Chris Paul.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 12:33 AM)cow Wrote: I was probably overly harsh towards you so apologies but don't confuse asking Luka/Cuban to position themselves the best way possible within a very fault system the same as supporting that faulty system.

The saddest thing of it all is that Cuban has some really smart ideas about technology and referee development, but he just can't help himself and it hinders the team.

No bad feelings. I was provoking anyway. Luka will probably never stop barking at the referees, it’s his thing. He should just avoid doing it when game clock is running. If my eye doesn't fool me, he’s now a little better at this. In addition, he should be careful with 2nd tech tto avoid harming the team. The second tech. should be reserved for the coach when necessary. On the other side Mark is in position to do something and I hope he'll find the effective and systematic way to realise his ideas which certainly wouldn’t harm the beauty of BB game.
At the end of the day this has nothing to do with mavs L, they were beaten by a better team that night.
Like Reply