Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mavs 105, Suns 111
THE SLIDE CONTINUES
MAVERICKS UNRAVEL IN THE CLUTCH

The Mavs let another one slip away. And they needed a win in the worst way. I just don’t know.

GAME STORY

Maxi was still out, but was seated on the bench in street clothes, so that’s a step in the right direction, I guess. KP was rested on the SEGABABA. Booker and Saric were out for Phoenix. The starting lineup consisted of Luka, Richardson, Hardaway, DFS, and WCS. 

The first quarter was close, with the Suns maintaining a small lead for most of the period. The scoreboard showed a 29-28 Phoenix advantage after one. Hardaway had ten points in the quarter. Burke had a buzzer-beating three. The Mavs made a little run in the second, building an 8-point lead at 5:11, but ended the half tied at 55-all. Willie had a tip-in right before the horn. Luka was on the bench for the last 3:28 due to foul trouble. 

The third period was all about Luka. He took over, scoring 18 of the team’s points and taking 10 of their 19 shots. A man on a mission. The team had a game-high 15-point lead halfway through the period, but squandered 10 from their cushion by the end of the frame. Mavs led 82-77 going into the fourth. 

Dallas lost their remaining advantage within the first minute of the final period. The game was played on a knife-edge for the next stretch, with neither team building more than a three-point lead. At 3:41, the scored was tied at 96-96. Then, we were treated to the following:

Richardson missed three
DFS missed three
Luka missed turnaround shot
DFS missed three

Meanwhile, Phoenix scored on 4 out of their 5 possessions, and Crowder sank a dagger three to put his team up 9 with 1:05 left. A couple of possessions later, they had to start playing the foul game, and the Suns came through with their free throws. The finishing lineup was Luka, Richardson, Hardaway, DFS, and DP/WCS. 

STATISTICS

The Mavs shot poorly from deep again, hitting only 9 of their 29 attempts (29%), while Phoenix were firing away at a 45% clip on their 22 efforts. Free throws were the real killer, with the Suns drawing 31 freebies (6 from intentional fouls), and the Mavs being awarded only 14. To add insult to injury, Dallas completed an embarrassing 57% of those shots. In point differentials, the Mavericks were +16 in points from twos, -3 in points from threes, and -19 in made free throws. The reffing was a little puzzling on both sides at some points during the games, but I don’t think this was any kind of ref conspiracy. Getting to the line consistently involves applying specific skills in doing that, and apart from Luka, most of the Mavs do not play that way. The Mavs also lost 15 points off turnovers, which didn’t help anything. 

PLAYERS

HARDAWAY.  Tim was hot in the first quarter, scoring 10 points, and had a team-leading 7 in the fourth.  He had a pretty good night box-score-wise, with 19 points on 8-19 shooting, with 4 rebounds and 4 assists in a team-high 36 minutes. He was three of ten from three, although he was stuck having to take a difficult quick shot more than once.  He somewhat faded from view in the middle quarters. 

RICHARDSON. JRich is still getting his legs back under him, and it showed. He still hasn’t found his range, missing all three of his deep shots, including clanking an open three In the clutch that had been created after lovely ball movement. I’m going to cut this guy some slack for now, because he hasn’t had a fair chance to show what he can do yet, but I hope his “normal” is considerably better than this, or the Mavs are going to have to do some re-jiggering. 

DFS. I thought Doe-Doe had a pretty good showing, especially considering he is barely back. He went 9/5/1 and showed great effort on the defensive end. Perhaps most importantly, he was able to play for 34 minutes, and he hit 2 of his 4 three-point attempts. It was only six points, but I think it’s part of a bigger picture. I notice that some of these guys who aren’t hitting their threes are getting gun-shy about taking them, and either drive into traffic, make some crazy pass, or leave Luka or Tim in a bad way tossing them the rock at the end of the shot clock. If the Mavs have any chance this season, these 3&D guys HAVE to take and make shots at an average-or-above clip, and maybe Finney-Smith’s night will be a place to start. 

DONCIC. Luka had an excellent stat line, as usual, at 29/8/7 and was the fourth-highest guy in minutes at 33.  It was an interesting game for him. He spent a lot of the first half arguing with the refs, and it boiled over in the second quarter. At 3:37, he was called for an offensive foul, and expressed his disagreement in a manner that resulted in his being teed up. He was called for his third foul a few seconds later. Rick yanked him, and he didn’t seem too happy about it. I thought it was totally the right move, as Doncic’s emotions did not seem to be in control, and it appeared highly likely he would be in further trouble soon if he didn’t take a few to cool off. 

He channeled that anger into basketball energy, and came out huge in the third, serving as a scoring machine. Far from playing with his usual joy, he did the best Russell Westbrook glare imitation that his boyish cheerful countenance could muster. In the fourth, he was matched against one of the best clutch players in the league in Chris Paul, and Paul put on a clinic in late game management. After the game, Luka said that they had gotten a little unlucky that their shots didn’t fall, and there is an element of truth to that, but hopefully he picked up a trick or two from the maestro. 

WCS. One thing about high-variance players — occasionally, they produce an outlier in the positive direction, and we get to enjoy it. This had to be one of the games of Trill’s career, as he put up 14 points on 7-8 shooting and had 9 rebounds and 4 blocks, along with doing some effective work against Ayton in 30 minutes on the floor. Even on a relatively high-effort night from the team, he stood out, and should probably receive the Energizer Bunny award, since they don’t give out the DPOG prize after losses. He fouled out after intentionally hacking Chris Paul with 18 seconds left. 

BENCH. Brunson led the bench with 26 minutes, and had a 7/3/3 line. Met expectations, I would say. Johnson had 19 minutes as part of the second unit. After watching James through 20 games, I think he has done a workmanlike job in playing his increased role, but I don’t love it when he orchestrates the offense, and he is usually good for a few head-scratching mistakes per game. Once Maxi makes it back, it wouldn’t surprise me to see his role diminish into irrelevance in the absence of injuries. Powell did a pretty decent job as backup, and played very hard, as is his wont. It is possible that he would have been part of the finishing lineup, had he not fouled out at 5:32. Burke got an early hook, and played only a couple of minutes in the second half. 

SUNS. Chris Paul led his team with 29 points, 12 assists, and a brilliant performance in the fourth quarter. Additionally, throughout the game, he hit some insanely difficult shots against good challenges. Five of the Suns were in double figures. They won the game beyond the arc, at the free-throw line, and with canny veteran leadership late in the game. This is a good team, but a beatable one. At least without Booker, anyway. 

OBSERVATIONS

Rick was very disappointed for his guys, since they had “fought so hard,” and had such a good attitude. He thought it was a shame that they had a significant lead in the third quarter, but allowed the Suns to get the momentum back with some loose possessions and some poor defensive possessions. He admitted that Paul got the better of the Mavs, but said that they were up against one of the league’s great players, who is in great shape and knows how to win. 

He said that they have made some defensive adjustments, and he liked the defensive effort on the night. He thinks the three-point shooting will improve as guys get their conditioning back, and he isn’t especially worried about it. However, they did have an offensive session working on it in practice. Although he was sad about the loss, he seemed to see a light somewhere around the end of the tunnel. 

Luka, who had called the team out after the second Utah game for playing like they don’t care, was pleased with their “way, way better energy” in this contest. Especially as they were all still a little tired from being in Utah and playing a back-to-back. 

Cuban was moved to comment on the state of the team before the game. He undertook to give unhappy fans some facts about COVID. DFS had said it felt like a very severe cold, but Cuban says it is not like a cold, where a person is ready to go as soon as it is over with, and described it as “brutal.” 

He pointed out that the time between a positive diagnosis and returning to play is about three weeks, and two of those involve “sitting in a room” and not being active, and then there are more days before the player can be around the team. They have had one of the worst outbreaks in the league, and he opined that things were going to look “out of balance” for a while. He realizes that they are not playing well, and a lot of things are wrong, but they plan to keep grinding away until they can dig themselves out of it, and predicts that they will be ready to go in “crunch time.”

Although I am disappointed with yet another loss, I don’t feel as discouraged as I thought I might. On the bright side, they exhibited much better energy and effort than they have been lately, and two of the virus guys were able to play a normal contingent of starter minutes. Some of the third-string guys aren’t out there flying by the seat of their pants any more, and for all the problems, you can see the outlines of a good team starting to develop. It may be getting too late in the day for the Mavs to achieve the record they had hoped for, but this still needn’t be a lost season. I think we will see them climb out of this, although it may be a step forward here and a step backward there for a while. 

I don’t know what to think about the game on Monday against the selfsame team. Maxi is expected to be back, although he is not in game shape. Devin Booker might be back for the Suns. Hope for the best, I guess. 

The Mavericks are 8-12. This is no country for the fainthearted. 

Onward and upward, Mavs Fans!
Like Reply
Great write-up, as usual, luvr. I really appreciate your ongoing effort to cover the games, many would have mailed it in already, so KUDOS!

I agree what we have played much better, since the first quarter of the second Utah game anyway. That was brutal. I just watched both games in a row so I am just commenting here for both games.

Short story: Mavs lost the second Utah game in the first quarter and played decently afterwards - against a serious contender. Against the Suns we, again, failed in late-game execution and got schooled by maybe the best in the business, late in the game. Much respect for CP3. Also - we just missed shots in the end, couple of wide open threes (clearly JRich not having his feet under him right now) and even layups (Luka). So this outing was not too bad.

Willie was awesome, he even managed to finish some difficult shots. Timmy was back and showed that he is the third best player on this team, which might be our biggest problem right there, lol.

Powell played better but I think he is totally missing his lift. If he can't get it back I fear for his career since he is a bad shooter anyway.

I really don't know what to make of KP - he looked fine early after returning but lately he just feels like a foreign body (don't know if its the right word, I mean like out of place, not part of the group). Is it mental? Is it the lack of chemistry?
Like Reply
Thanks for the upbeat write-up.  I appreciate the patience with JRich, the term “high variability” used to describe Willie and taking the effort to bring Cuban’s comments into the discussion.

Let’s check back about 10 games after Maxi returns and see what we have.  I described Dallas as a fragile ecosystem recently and I still think that to be the case.  If/when we get to full strength, I’ll be interested in seeing what happens regarding the following:

1.  How Carlisle decides to use his bigs.  Despite what KP wants, the team plays better (especially defensively) with two bigs.  Yeah, Yeah, I know.  He’s had DFS starting at PF since he came back.  But, that was still sans Maxi (and sans KP one game).  

2.  Who moves to “stay ready” status.  You mentioned Johnson being marginalized when everyone is healthy. I agree with this.  I hope the same happens with Burke (speaking of high variability).  I want to see more of Brunson and Green.

3.  Which of the dramatic under-performers return to form.

A.  Powell has been less exposed since he left the sole-big starter role.  He’s worked his butt off.  But, even I have to admit that he’s dramatically less than his former self right now.  The question is whether bad spacing is killing him or lack of lift (as many have said).  Its not like he’s got zero lift.  But what was once effortless (even in traffic) now seems difficult.  Are teams packing the lane (why wouldn’t they with our horrendous 3 point shooting).  Or, is Powell missing that extra that he’s always had that takes his leaping ability from average for his size to elite.

B.  JRich has dramatically underperformed what was believed to be a down-year in Philly.  In fairness, he’s only played two games with KP.  He seems to have good on-court chemistry with WCS, but hasn’t really meshed with anyone else.  Interesting that the idea of him opting in to the final year of his deal has been brought up.  This version of JRich isn’t worth what he’s being paid.  But, we know there is a version of JRich out there who is.  Need that guy to show up soon.

C.  KP.  I didn’t get to watch either Utah game.  So, I didn’t see the chemistry issues some have described.  Put me in the “are you people crazy” camp when it comes to trading KP for some of the middling crap that’s been mentioned at the TDL.  Here’s the dilemma.  This version of KP has negative value.  The version of KP who played in the bubble is close to Top 20.  You can’t trade the first version and shouldn’t trade the second version.  But, if you are going to trade one, you absolutely have to wait for the second one to show back up (but, if he does, we win a playoff series and now he’s untouchable again).

I think those three are the key to the season.  Right now it is Luka and a bunch of replacement player level guys.  You might squeeze a little bit more out of the rest (DFS could start hitting 3’s for instance).  But, the opportunity for improvement depends largely on what happens with Powell, JRich and KP over the next month or so.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 09:29 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Thanks for the upbeat write-up. I appreciate the patience with JRich, the term “high variability” used to describe Willie and taking the effort to bring Cuban’s comments into the discussion.

Let’s check back about 10 games after Maxi returns and see what we have. I described Dallas as a fragile ecosystem recently and I still think that to be the case. If/when we get to full strength, I’ll be interested in seeing what happens regarding the following:

1. How Carlisle decides to use his bigs. Despite what KP wants, the team plays better (especially defensively) with two bigs. Yeah, Yeah, I know. He’s had DFS starting at PF since he came back. But, that was still sans Maxi (and sans KP one game).

2. Who moves to “stay ready” status. You mentioned Johnson being marginalized when everyone is healthy. I agree with this. I hope the same happens with Burke (speaking of high variability). I want to see more of Brunson and Green.

3. Which of the dramatic under-performers return to form.

A. Powell has been less exposed since he left the sole-big starter role. He’s worked his butt off. But, even I have to admit that he’s dramatically less than his former self right now. The question is whether bad spacing is killing him or lack of lift (as many have said). Its not like he’s got zero lift. But what was once effortless (even in traffic) now seems difficult. Are teams packing the lane (why wouldn’t they with our horrendous 3 point shooting). Or, is Powell missing that extra that he’s always had that takes his leaping ability from average for his size to elite.

B. JRich has dramatically underperformed what was believed to be a down-year in Philly. In fairness, he’s only played two games with KP. He seems to have good on-court chemistry with WCS, but hasn’t really meshed with anyone else. Interesting that the idea of him opting in to the final year of his deal has been brought up. This version of JRich isn’t worth what he’s being paid. But, we know there is a version of JRich out there who is. Need that guy to show up soon.

C. KP. I didn’t get to watch either Utah game. So, I didn’t see the chemistry issues some have described. Put me in the “are you people crazy” camp when it comes to trading KP for some of the middling crap that’s been mentioned at the TDL. Here’s the dilemma. This version of KP has negative value. The version of KP who played in the bubble is close to Top 20. You can’t trade the first version and shouldn’t trade the second version. But, if you are going to trade one, you absolutely have to wait for the second one to show back up (but, if he does, we win a playoff series and now he’s untouchable again).

I think those three are the key to the season. Right now it is Luka and a bunch of replacement player level guys. You might squeeze a little bit more out of the rest (DFS could start hitting 3’s for instance). But, the opportunity for improvement depends largely on what happens with Powell, JRich and KP over the next month or so.

Dan once again bringing so much reason to the board.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 09:29 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: C.  KP.  I didn’t get to watch either Utah game.  So, I didn’t see the chemistry issues some have described.  Put me in the “are you people crazy” camp when it comes to trading KP for some of the middling crap that’s been mentioned at the TDL.  Here’s the dilemma.  This version of KP has negative value.  The version of KP who played in the bubble is close to Top 20.  You can’t trade the first version and shouldn’t trade the second version.  But, if you are going to trade one, you absolutely have to wait for the second one to show back up (but, if he does, we win a playoff series and now he’s untouchable again).
I saw it as frustration and not chemistry per se.  Everyone is cranky when your not playing well and missing a butt load of wide open looks.  I really like the way you wrote the choices with KP.  I would be willing to let him go for Beal but that is about it for now.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 09:29 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:   A.  Powell has been less exposed since he left the sole-big starter role.  He’s worked his butt off.  But, even I have to admit that he’s dramatically less than his former self right now.  The question is whether bad spacing is killing him or lack of lift (as many have said).  Its not like he’s got zero lift.  But what was once effortless (even in traffic) now seems difficult.  Are teams packing the lane (why wouldn’t they with our horrendous 3 point shooting).  Or, is Powell missing that extra that he’s always had that takes his leaping ability from average for his size to elite.

B.  JRich has dramatically underperformed what was believed to be a down-year in Philly.  In fairness, he’s only played two games with KP.  He seems to have good on-court chemistry with WCS, but hasn’t really meshed with anyone else.  Interesting that the idea of him opting in to the final year of his deal has been brought up.  This version of JRich isn’t worth what he’s being paid.  But, we know there is a version of JRich out there who is.  Need that guy to show up soon.
Regarding J-Rich, I too am beginning to get the Delon vibe.  

Regarding Powell, are you talking about the offense?  I just watch all of our FGAs and I thought Powell was doing very well.  His usage rate in the high pick and roll is down.  Yes, no lift, but he's a smart player and makes the right plays, which we need.

One one play, the Suns were packing the lane.  At 5:48 in the 4th Quarter, Powell sets the high pick for Luka on Paul.  Luka puts Paul in the penalty box, and Powell starts to roll.   Unfortunately, Luka is faced with two defenders in the lane.  He tries to go left, but Powell is rolling that way, Luka slows down, and Paul recovers.  Ayton picks up Powell at the rim, no lob there.  Meanwhile, DFS is wide open for 3, but Luka takes the step-back jack and misses.  https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?GameEventID=553&GameID=0022000303&Season=2020-21&flag=1&title=MISS%20Doncic%2016%27%20Step%20Back%20Jump%20Shot&sct=plot
Like Reply
Great write up as usual mavsluvr. 

Excellent post Dan
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 09:29 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Let’s check back about 10 games after Maxi returns and see what we have

My one issue is that if the Mavs go 2-8 in the next 10, playoffs are all but gone.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 09:29 AM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Powell has been less exposed since he left the sole-big starter role.  He’s worked his butt off.  But, even I have to admit that he’s dramatically less than his former self right now.  The question is whether bad spacing is killing him or lack of lift (as many have said).  Its not like he’s got zero lift.  But what was once effortless (even in traffic) now seems difficult.  Are teams packing the lane (why wouldn’t they with our horrendous 3 point shooting).  Or, is Powell missing that extra that he’s always had that takes his leaping ability from average for his size to elite.
Thanks for your observations, DS.

I agree that the jury is still out on whether Powell can return to his previous form. I still have some hope, largely based on the Achilles injury often taking as much as a season to come back from. Also, I could be seeing what I want to see, but it seems to me that he might be showing at least a little more zip from game to game. Meanwhile, I hope he can at least come off the bench. The second unit is woefully lacking in guys who really understand how to play in Rick's system.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 09:47 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: C.  KP.  I didn’t get to watch either Utah game.  So, I didn’t see the chemistry issues some have described.  Put me in the “are you people crazy” camp when it comes to trading KP for some of the middling crap that’s been mentioned at the TDL.  Here’s the dilemma.  This version of KP has negative value.  The version of KP who played in the bubble is close to Top 20.  You can’t trade the first version and shouldn’t trade the second version.  But, if you are going to trade one, you absolutely have to wait for the second one to show back up (but, if he does, we win a playoff series and now he’s untouchable again).

Also I couldn't have said it better myself.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 01:20 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: My one issue is that if the Mavs go 2-8 in the next 10, playoffs are all but gone.

But, what's the alternative?
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 01:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: But, what's the alternative?

Maxi comes back. The defense and offense suddenly looks better. KP returns to old and the Mavs go 10-0 and are firmly in the playoff hunt! No in between. 

To be fair, the Mavs got what was probably the biggest turd sandwich in terms of scheduling among all teams. They've had the 3rd hardest schedule in the NBA in terms of quality of opponent. Surpassed only by the Heat (another hugely underperforming team ravaged by COVID) and Pistons. 

Add on top of that brutal schedule, of the Mavs first 20 games 13 of them were road games, which included 3 B2B's and a stretch of 5 games in 7 nights. In comparison the Heat had 9 of their first 19 games as road games and 2 B2B's. 

Thats before we even broach the fact the Mavs were missing 5-6 guys for the majority of that stretch that were all key role players. Putting it in that perspective, are we really surprised that they are underperforming this bad? 

There are so many people here it seems that are ready to jump ship and blow it up. I think we need some time like Dan said. My only concern is that the Mavs are quickly running out of chances to turn it around, and they better do it soon.
Like Reply
@"SleepingHero" sorry...I ready your comment as some type of objection to Dan's plan of waiting to pass judgement until after 10 games of Mavs at full strength. Like, that you wanted them to take some sort of action NOW. I was asking what that action might be.
Like Reply
My only take on "blowing it up" is the following:

To trade Porzingis this season would be to blow it up. I wouldn't do it (yet) but the implausible scenario is to trade him and improve the IMMEDIATE prospects for the team. I just don't see how that's possible. 

You either get KP playing well again and continue to build around him on the current trajectory, or you give up on the Luka/KP duo and move Porzingis in a deal that resets the salary cap and start back at the beginning, basically. I think those are the choices. Pretty easy to assume the Mavs would much prefer choice #1, and I hope it works out.
Like Reply
Great points guys. I watched a game last night that have watched hundreds of times. Team on a SEGABABA gives it their all, plays hard and well for 3 to 3 and a half quarters and their shots start to come up short or miss completely late. Example, how many times have you seen Luka go inside and miss his usual Luka shots....very rarely. 

Tired legs and minds do give out. The only way the Mavs win in these situations, and their best teams have is to play their way to a big lead and hold on. They tried to do that but this worst of all time Mavericks history was just too much (and school was in session from CP3 and their very confident 3 point shooters). Like Luka, I liked much of what I watched last night. Some have already pointed out that our schedule, which has been brutal, becomes more reasonable after one more game.

As for catching up, one chance that will probably happen is that a couple of the teams now ahead of us will have some of the crap we just faced happen to them. That is the kind of year this has been. If that does not happen my prediction is we get much better as a team and we scare the crap out of some team from the 7-10 position of the play in games.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
Powell knows how to set screens. That´s his big advantage compared to WCS and KP. There are many ways to be a good screener. It´s not only about strength or the willingness to absorb contact. I would argue that the right timing and angle are more important. The perfect screen in the modern NBA is an uncalled moving screen. KG and Draymond mastered it. Powell knows how to do it as well.
KP and WCS lack both. Bad angles and timing all the time and to make matters worse they both shy away from contact and prefer to slip the screen. A slip screen is something that should be used to mix it up. Just like the roll vs pop. Problem is that both shy away from contact and basically never set a traditional screen.
I know that most of us (including me) argued against more traditional bigman because they have flaws that are difficult to hide in the playoffs but I would love to see Luka with an elite screener like Adams, Nurkic or Favors.
Like Reply
Apparently, Cuban's and Carlisle's argument at center court had to do with Cuban manipulating the fan noise, especially when the PHX Suns were shooting their FT's (he would turn it off for silence); Carlisle got upset and told Cuban to stop the nonsense, which eventually led to Cuban apologizing to Carlisle and Monty Williams. It's a clown show.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 01:51 PM)Fuerza1 Wrote: Apparently, Cuban's and Carlisle's argument at center court had to do with Cuban manipulating the fan noise, especially when the PHX Suns were shooting their FT's (he would turn it off for silence); Carlisle got upset and told Cuban to stop the nonsense, which eventually led to Cuban apologizing to Carlisle and Monty Williams. It's a clown show.

Ok, so not what I thought it was. Thanks for the clarification. This was the biggest mystery of the entire game for me, and I agree - it IS a clown show.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 01:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Pretty easy to assume the Mavs would much prefer choice #1, and I hope it works out.

After tomorrow, the Mavs do have the 28th easiest schedule in terms of SOS for the rest of the season (until the break). 

So perhaps staying the course is the right move. 

I do think we need a trade to consolidate, as always. I think James Johnson has his value as an enforcer, but I've started to come around on moving on from him to acquire either a big or a reliable scoring guard off the bench. JJ's value isn't that high so I don't know who he could realistically fetch. The only one that comes to mind is Drummond and the salary matching is weird there.
Like Reply
(01-31-2021, 01:51 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: elite screener like Adams, Nurkic

If the Mavs end up going a different direction than KP, these two guys are HIGH on my list of desirable bigs. I really think Luka is currently better with a traditional big.
Like Reply