Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.0 pt RAPTOR & 4.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
33.33%
4 33.33%
Jazz
66.67%
8 66.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 19: DAL (8-11) @ UTA (15-4) | 101-120 loss
(01-30-2021, 12:27 AM)Lucky Luciano Wrote: Outside of us shooting awfully bad and them shooting really well the refs are killing us. Everything we do is a foul. We got bumped around on the other end with nothing.

No reason to complain about the refs right now. We can start again when the Mavs look like an NBA level basketball team.
Like Reply
They didn’t even need Donovan Mitchell

Anyway yet another 0 assist game for KP, maybe he should watch highlights of Jokic or Adebayo and watch how every now and then they pass the ball to a teammate
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 12:29 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: No reason to complain about the refs right now. We can start again when the Mavs look like an NBA level basketball team.

Lol you aint lying... Still its tough to watch on both aspects. As I type this we get another shit whistle lol. If they called the game both ways it would probably be a 5 point game...

KP airballs a dunk, then Bog goes for another 3. Dude got 32 points
Like Reply
This just might be Utah's year.
Like Reply
Utah is just on fire, man. 20 3's. You can't really beat that.
Like Reply
@"KillerLeft" Green just finished a crazy difficult shot at the rim!!!
Like Reply
Is Maxi/Powell really the best (last remaining that hasn´t been a big negative) possible front court duo?
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Glad to leave Utah!
Like Reply
The bad news is I had to work and miss the game. The good news is that I had to work and miss the game.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 12:37 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Is Maxi/Powell really the best (last remaining that hasn´t been a big negative) possible front court duo?

It's actually the WCS+KP duo that is still +4.6 for the season.
Like Reply
Terry is not ready for any kind of NBA minutes...not even garbage time. At least Green and Bey show some flashes in their limited minutes. And they really wasted a regular roster spot on Terry when he should have just been a 2-way player.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 12:43 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Terry is not ready for any kind of NBA minutes...not even garbage time. At least Green and Bey show some flashes in their limited minutes. And they really wasted a regular roster spot on Terry when he should have just been a 2-way player.

He's so disappointing and that's hard to fathom given where he was drafted but I'll post this again, our roster is full of wasted spots.

-Iwundu:  I've seen enough and he's too much of a liability on offense.
-WCS:  He's a 3rd string big.
-James Johnson:  See WCS.
-Hinton:  He's been okay in limited minutes but you can probably find a player like him every year.
-Powell:  He's just not the same.
-Boban:  Defensive liability and his offensive game seems to be in decline.  You also only play him every other 3rd game.
-Terry:  Has shown nothing. 
-Green:  Like his defense, has a long way to go on the other side of the ball.
-Bey:  Looked okay in very limited minutes but needs a weight room badly.

Of those 9 players only 3-4 should be getting minutes sparingly and the majority of them you'd probably not want or wouldn't mind not having on your active roster next year.

You could probably toss Burke on that list as well as a fringe NBA level player.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 12:42 AM)Kammrath Wrote: It's actually the WCS+KP duo that is still +4.6 for the season.

But the trend is negative. Both looked really bad in the last few games they started together. Right now I don´t like any of the available combinations.
Kleber and Powell are +8.6/100. Might as well give it a try.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 12:48 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: But the trend is negative. Both looked really bad in the last few games they started together. Right now I don´t like any of the available combinations.
Kleber and Powell are +8.6/100. Might as well give it a try.

A fair point....but KP has been trending so negative all by himself that I am not sure it condemns that lineup as totally out of the question. But if I needed to win the game tomorrow night and Maxi was available, I would go with DP and Maxi because at least they would TRY.
Like Reply
The trend I'm seeing right now is when the Mavs get outscored in the first quarter, they lose the game. When they score more in the first quarter, they end up with the W.

Just gotta be ready right off the bat. They win this game without that embarrassing first quarter.

Slow starts=automatic loss
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 12:51 AM)Kammrath Wrote: A fair point....but KP has been trending so negative all by himself that I am not sure it condemns that lineup as totally out of the question. But if I needed to win the game tomorrow night and Maxi was available, I would go with DP and Maxi because at least they would TRY.

Big problem with KP is that the Mavs cannot afford to bench him. He probably needs more reps to get in rhythm and benching him would create internal problems. Not to mention that he is a max player and once he is out of the rotation his trade value would tank even more.
Question is if the Mavs rushed his return. Compared to the early 19/20 season he has similar problems on offense but his mobility is even worse. Offense isn´t the biggest problem. Defense is. Right now he plays Boban/old Dirk level pick and roll defense and teams are attacking him on every single possession. Obviously also on the coaches but it is difficult to hide a slow bigman. Especially against a team with great spacing.

Lineups without KP are probably the best option right now but as you hinted earlier...it won´t happen. The Mavs are stuck with KP and need to find a way to make it work.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 12:35 AM)Kammrath Wrote: @"KillerLeft" Green just finished a crazy difficult shot at the rim!!!

Thanks for the info. I gave up on a Mavs game for the first time in years.
Like Reply
Green will be a good player for us long term. Has something special about him. Not like he will be a star, but more like an motor/IQ/attitude factor that many other guys who stick have in them too
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 01:00 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Offense isn´t the biggest problem. Defense is.

He is a disaster out there.....I wonder with the scheme and coaching changes on that side if he is just totally lost. He is not playing "fast" on D at all, everything seems super slow, like he is thinking too much.
Like Reply
(01-30-2021, 01:06 AM)Jason Terry Wrote: Green will be a good player for us long term. Has something special about him. Not like he will be a star, but more like an motor/IQ/attitude factor that many other guys who stick have in them too

Crowder/Carroll comp?
Like Reply