Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 5.0 pt RAPTOR & 4.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
33.33%
4 33.33%
Jazz
66.67%
8 66.67%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 19: DAL (8-11) @ UTA (15-4) | 101-120 loss
(01-29-2021, 11:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Just finish the game without KP.

Absolutely the 100% right short term decision....

...BUT that would have some devastating long term consequences. The Mavs cannot afford to do to KP what they did with Rondo.
Like Reply
(01-29-2021, 11:18 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Powell and DFS had a really good second quarter
DFS isn't perfect but he isn't Iwundu either.
Like Reply
(01-29-2021, 11:18 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Absolutely the 100% right short term decision....

...BUT that would have some devastating long term consequences. The Mavs cannot afford to do to KP what they did with Rondo.

Yes, if the problem is mental or chemistry related, as we have speculated.

It could just be that he is not healthy, somehow. He clearly is not moving with much energy. Whatever the case might be, there is zero doubt that he is killing the team right now, or at least contributing aggressively to that end.
Like Reply
Powell was solid other than smacking Luka on the butt too hard....that grimace was hilarious.
Like Reply
Look how hard they play when he’s (KP) off the floor. It’s obvious. Powell motioned for him to move to the paint to replace Hardaway for the 2nd free throw. KP “nah I’m good”. Lol
Like Reply
They did just enough in that second quarter to get me to stay up and check out the third.
Like Reply
I think the issue is Luka is a better fit with a traditional big. He seemed very comfortable playing with Deaundre Jordan and Dwight Powell who are plus finishers around the basket.

If I am the MBT I go out and get Drummond and I limit KP's minutes until he is healthy and has his legs.

That way you do not force the issue in him pressing.
Like Reply
I still think shooting is a bigger problem than any chemistry.  Just hit your shots at your averages and this team will feel fine about themselves.
Like Reply
(01-29-2021, 11:17 PM)mtrot Wrote: Apologies to DP; he is making a positive difference here!

In a sea of negatives in the +/- column, Powell is +9. He just makes stuff happen.

I'm not so quick to dogpile KP or jump to conclusions on what's bothering him, but he's clearly not playing with any confidence right now. We've seen what he can accomplish on the court, so I trust he'll come around eventually. Hopefully sooner than later, cause the team could really use a unicorn right now.
Like Reply
Poor coaching, poor talent. This team is done. Improved chemistry won't make these open threes go in. And even in 2 months, the already good teams will just continue to get better too.
Like Reply
(01-29-2021, 11:23 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I still think shooting is a bigger problem than any chemistry.  Just hit your shots at your averages and this team will feel fine about themselves.

I agree with you and the team played free when KP was not in the game
Like Reply
(01-29-2021, 11:23 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I still think shooting is a bigger problem than any chemistry.  Just hit your shots at your averages and this team will feel fine about themselves.

At this point, I am pretty convinced that something else is going on (also). I just don’t see a team that knows what they are doing out there. It’s like guys are almost intentionally not doing the right things.

The SECOND Porzingis sat down in the second quarter, the team went on a run and started to play noticeably harder.
Like Reply
Give them time guys to incorporate KP into the system, it was the same last season after his comeback, he needed around 20 games to found his rhythm, but in the mean time he was crying and fingering all the time in interviews..
And highfive for mavs 2ndQ!
Like Reply

Yes, the Mavs shooting is so bad now that it makes me wonder, do they have a shooting coach and how much shooting practice do they take?
Like Reply
(01-29-2021, 11:26 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: And highfive for mavs 2ndQ!
Like Reply
Nightmare of a game for Zinger.
Like Reply
I saw DP get some of the old lift on his rebound at the 7:38 mark.
Like Reply
Done with THJ too. I'm sure he'll have a 20+ point game at some point then follow it up with for 3-4 bad games.
Like Reply
(01-29-2021, 11:42 PM)Hypermav Wrote: I saw DP get some of the old lift on his rebound at the 7:38 mark.

He’s playing hard.
Like Reply
(01-29-2021, 11:26 PM)LukTheShadow Wrote: Give them time guys to incorporate KP into the system, it was the same last season after his comeback, he needed around 20 games to found his rhythm, but in the mean time he was crying and fingering all the time in interviews..

This is a massive issue for a guy who has been frequently injured. He spends tons of time out then needs dozens of games to get to peak form to just get injured again? That will be a nightmare for the Mavs ever being competitive. He has ZERO excuse to not be integrated, not all that much has changed from last year for him and his role. The excuses fall on deaf ears in my case.
Like Reply