Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 3.5 pt RAPTOR & 2.5 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
38.89%
7 38.89%
Jazz
61.11%
11 61.11%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 18: DAL (8-10) @ UTA (14-4) | 104-116 loss
(01-27-2021, 09:45 PM)Hypermav Wrote: The number of blown layups...

Make shots league and Mavs don't.

I guess you're talking about that Brunson layup that was blocked.  The problem is, did you see any other Mav cut to the rim so that Brunson would have somebody to pass to if he got in trouble?  No, you didn't because nobody did.  The Mavs just don't play good fundamental basketball.
Like Reply
Geez I know there have been so many health related reasons for how bad we’ve been, and I know the complete version of this team won’t be this bad assuming health fixes itself, but I just hope there’s enough time in the season left for that to happen
Like Reply
Starting to think that the defensive decline is mostly about KP playing more minutes. He is playing Boban level pick and roll defense.
Like Reply
5-0 run woot. baby steps.
Like Reply
This is not a good team from an on-court chemistry standpoint. They are lost. I think there could be improvement in talent, but I do not think talent is the primary thing. I still think it is unity and leadership. Not playing for each other and with energy like they care.
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 09:54 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: KP

He looks checked out to me in some regard..... -21 already. Just crazy.
Like Reply
Tim is going now.
Like Reply
Gobert is fueled by this boards hate for him. First half double double.
Like Reply
Someone got a "T" at the end but they went away too fast.
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 10:05 PM)cow Wrote: Gobert is fueled by this boards hate for him.  First half double double.

Yep. He wants everyone on here to see how he is a top 10 player in the NBA and how we should be begging for him instead of KP.

Smile
Like Reply
Mavs are done this year. Lost season...whatever happens happens. They're not good enough to dig out of the hole they will put themselves in. And I bet a lot of players end up mailing it in as they keep freefalling
Like Reply
Double techs? Something went down.

(01-27-2021, 10:07 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Mavs are done this year. Lost season...whatever happens happens. They're not good enough to dig out of the hole they will put themselves in. And I bet a lot of players end up mailing it in as they keep freefalling

Stay away from the cliffs. The season just started.
Like Reply
KP..... -29 in 14 mins (next closest is -17).

He is SO out of sorts in regard to having any sort of fit with this team on either end.
Like Reply
I apologize.  I thought we were a playoff team.  I was mistaken.  What a terrible 1st half.  I'm sorry.  That was atrocious to watch.  Pathetic effort on both ends of the court.
Like Reply
Gobert 12 rebounds
KP 1 Rebound

Unacceptable
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 10:07 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: They're not good enough to dig out of the hole they will put themselves in. And I bet a lot of players end up mailing it in as they keep freefalling

They have the talent to dig out, I just don't know if they have the chemistry to do so. 

Big time midseason trade might be in order if this keeps up.
Like Reply
We made all of those changes to improve defensively and we still seem to be no better and maybe worse.

The team has not played together and it shows so I will not panic but I am not buying our sqaud as being top 4 or 5 in the West good

Our bigs are soft as fuck
Like Reply
Another first round exit is best case scenario this year I am afraid. We sure as hell are not finishing in the top half of the conference. And we are not beating either of LA teams, Jazz or Nuggets this year.
Like Reply
I just don't see them magically turning into one of the top 3-pt shooting teams in the league like last year. They're a one-dimensional team that has a roster of streaky shooters and most of them are shooting poorly this season. This was the case prior to the Covid players sitting out too, I don't think chemistry will change that. The shots either fall or they don't. Last year, those shots fell and it made an overall weak roster look much better behind an MVP-caliber season from Luka.
Like Reply
(01-27-2021, 10:07 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Mavs are done this year. Lost season...whatever happens happens. They're not good enough to dig out of the hole they will put themselves in. And I bet a lot of players end up mailing it in as they keep freefalling

When I was working and there was some grumbling or apathy within the ranks, management would call a meeting and perform an "attitude adjustment" on us.  And it usually worked.  But RC is not the coach to lay into guys like Pop would. This passivity and lack of grit has been lacking with the Mavs for a long, long time now.
Like Reply