Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
7 100.00%
Rockets
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: HOU (6-9) @ DAL (8-8) | 108-133 loss
(01-24-2021, 12:37 AM)Kammrath Wrote: He had Dirk his rookie year. He had JJB last year. He has been shown the way for two years and IMO it looks like the Mavs purposely shaped the roster this year to hand the keys to Luka. 

Is it possible this is too premature? Sure. But I think they have a better perspective on things than any of us could possibly have and they think this is the right way forward.

Let's not forget this is all just a theory. And I counter it, because if the Mavs wanted to hand keys to Luka and he is not ready, than this would be clearly their mistake. There is absolutely no reason to put all the burden on him, if they could easily provide help for him. I would go even further and say it would be dangerous to put everything on a 21 year old. So what if he had Dirk and JJ. He had great vets in Real too. That doesn't change the fact he is a 21 year old. We all know we were thinking totally different when we were 21 than at 40. You can have talent, you can learn to play but some things only come with experience and maturing only. This is the important part of teambuilding. You can't expect one person to have all the possible positive qualities. You seek to get the right mix in the team. Sure I can think they should add a vet leader but in the end we have no idea what the lockerroom looks like. Might be Mavs, who certainly know best, did what is needed with the mixture of guys that not only supplement eachother as players but also as persons. Sure Luka is the leader, but the toughness part seem to be provided by others (Johnson, JRich, DFS, KP?). Most of them were missing against Houston. Or perhaps Luka was just too tired to carry all of the burden.

Based on all that my theory would be that the blowouts are a result of a very strange season (we can see they happen all around the league) and the fact that Mavs didn't play any of the games without important parts of the team missing. First their "beta" and later four important rotation players.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 16: HOU (6-9) @ DAL (8-8) | 108-133 loss - by omahen - 01-24-2021, 05:43 AM