Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 8.5 pt RAPTOR & 7.0 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
100.00%
7 100.00%
Rockets
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 16: HOU (6-9) @ DAL (8-8) | 108-133 loss
Shoot that Terry. Whole team has caught a case of the dumb brains.
Like Reply
WCS may have good straight line speed, but he seems pretty slow laterally. I can't count how many times he's two steps away from contesting a 3, only to get beat off the dribble anyway. It won't be as big of a deal when he's the backup center.
Like Reply
"There's his offense..."

Poor mavsluvr.
Like Reply
Bey getting under Boogie's skin.
Like Reply
Can't wait to see Bey next year after an offseason in the weight room.
Like Reply
@"Kammrath"your boy looks hungry out there.
Like Reply
How is that a foul?
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 11:13 PM)cow Wrote: Can't wait to see Bey next year after an offseason in the weight room.

It sucks that there is no G League this year. All of the rookies could really use the experience. I do think Bey has a future here, but he has a lot to learn. To me it's more about his perimeter skills, all though the weight room couldn't hurt.
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 11:17 PM)loki Wrote: It sucks that there is no G League this year. All of the rookies could really use the experience. I do think Bey has a future here, but he has a lot to learn. To me it's more about his perimeter skills, all though the weight room couldn't hurt.

His upper body just looks a touch slight.  

Speaking of rookies, Terry looks so unimpressive.
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 11:19 PM)cow Wrote: His upper body just looks a touch slight.  

Speaking of rookies, Terry looks so unimpressive.

Terry's shot was his one calling card and it hasn't fallen yet. It's a very small sample size so there's still time to turn it around. The rest of his game may never be impressive though.
Like Reply
Right now I would prefer Terry on a 2-way contract and Bey or Hinton on a guaranteed deal. Both look more NBA ready.
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 11:24 PM)loki Wrote: Terry's shot was his one calling card and it hasn't fallen yet. It's a very small sample size so there's still time to turn it around. The rest of his game may never be impressive though.

He just looks lost.  Beyond a few nice passes on the offensive end I can't think of much he's done in his limited minutes.
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 11:19 PM)cow Wrote: Speaking of rookies, Terry looks so unimpressive.

Still waiting for a fluid three point shot. Not the make, just the shot. The main tool some internet dudes were ranking him so high.
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
[Image: giphy.gif]

Missing four starters and having Boogie stomp your face.
Like Reply
Terry is a project...he needs 2 years in the G-League if he wants to have an NBA career because he has to learn how to be a PG. Sitting on the bench this year is not going to help his development.
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 11:28 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Missing four starters and having Boogie stomp your face.

Boogie took Dipo's auditioning role tonight.
Like Reply
This was a covid loss, no depth, back 2 back, no KP = LOSS

Its going to take Terry a year to adjust as he is learning to be a point guard so we really cannot judge him right now. He is best suited as an off guard. The point guard skills are just not there yet.

I was not impressed with the Mavs draft but I do thin the guys we have will be okay in the long run.
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 11:29 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Terry is a project...he needs 2 years in the G-League if he wants to have an NBA career because he has to learn how to be a PG. Sitting on the bench this year is not going to help his development.

True but you'd still expect to see flashes considering how high some draft boards had him.  Also makes you appreciate Brunson as he just had it from his first appearance on an NBA court.
Like Reply
Not like the Rockets played at full strength. They missed three starters as well. House, Wood and Oladipo.
Getting embarassed by the corps of Cousins, post achilles injury Wall and a bunch of g-league guys/rookies.
Like Reply