Poll: Who gets the Dirkie?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
THJ (+6, 21 pts, 2 rbds)
0%
0 0%
KP (+24, 21 pts, 2 blks, 8 rbds, clutch free throws)
14.71%
5 14.71%
Luka (36 pts, 11 asts, 9 rbds, clutch bucket & assist)
41.18%
14 41.18%
JB (+12, 16 pts, 6 asts, 4 rbds, clutch 3)
44.12%
15 44.12%
Trey (+3, 13 pts)
0%
0 0%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 15 DIRKIE: Winner JB (44%) | Runner-Up Luka (41%)
Brick 
Who was the player of the game who elevated his game to help the team win?
Like Reply
Brunson gets it because he made big plays when the Mavs needed them. Luka looked like the winner but I cannot give it to him. He made some really questionable decisions in the 4th quarter.
Like Reply
Luka delivered. Liked THJ, KP, Brunson and Burke performance a lot though.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...6397316098
Like Reply
I honestly didn’t know who to vote for on this one. I had issues with all the list of players except for Brunson, and I just didn’t think he contributed enough for the ENTIRE game to earn it.

Opted for Luka.
Like Reply
I wanted to vote for Redd Foxx but went with Luka.
Like Reply
beware of the lefty!
Like Reply
Brunson for stepping up and playing big minutes...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(01-22-2021, 11:21 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Brunson for stepping up and playing big minutes...

I have become a Brunson fan. I like him as a starter. The one thing that was missing in his game was good chemistry with Luka, and that's coming along quite well.
Like Reply
I almost voted for Brunson for upping his trade value but nah. Luka.
Like Reply
This vote is close. Brunson was good in the clutch, for sure.

Sidenote, and not intended to pressure anyone who is voting: I think we have officially begun to take some of these Luka performances for granted.
Like Reply
(01-22-2021, 11:40 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: This vote is close. Brunson was good in the clutch, for sure.

Sidenote, and not intended to pressure anyone who is voting: I think we have officially begun to take some of these Luka performances for granted.

It is not the best performer award I suppose? It is for the guy who stepped up.

Otherwise it is mostly going to be Luka or Porzingis, then Tim once in a while and not very fun.
Like Reply
(01-22-2021, 11:53 PM)pompelmo Wrote: It is not the best performer award I suppose? It is for the guy who stepped up.

Otherwise it is mostly going to be Luka or Porzingis, then Tim once in a while and not very fun.

Oh I totally agree.

This thread was probably a bad place to make the point… I just feel like we are growing accustomed to Luka. Maybe too accustomed.

Imagine this board 2-3 years ago if DSJ had just played a game like Luka had tonight.
Like Reply
Voted for Brunson. He is getting better and better. He keeps attacking the rim while having a reliable mid range and three point shot. He is a pretty valuable player for this team and offense. When the other guys come back, him and THJ coming from the bench will be invaluable.

BTW, Porzi’s +24 shouldn’t be disregarded.
Long time Mavs Fan from Turkey who wakes up in the middle of the night to watch the Mavs games.
Like Reply
(01-22-2021, 11:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh I totally agree.

This thread was probably a bad place to make the point… I just feel like we are growing accustomed to Luka. Maybe too accustomed.

Imagine this board 2-3 years ago if DSJ had just played a game like Luka had tonight.

I was not here, but I can imagine from where I was.

But Luka is true superstar material. DSJ was just a project we tried to talk ourselves into. In an alternate universe, our 5th pick in the 2018 draft Wendell Carter Jr. is still expecting that pass to arrive from Dennis, while Cam Reddish and Anthony Edwards spread the floor.

(01-23-2021, 12:03 AM)TurkishMFFL Wrote: BTW, Porzi’s +24 shouldn’t be disregarded.

I would have voted for KP is it was the best performer award; but this is what I expect from him regularly.
Like Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0_16_6N6CQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvBbL_wxMUc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2SGAeIHgjE
Like Reply
(01-23-2021, 12:09 AM)pompelmo Wrote: But Luka is true superstar material. DSJ was just a project we tried to talk ourselves into. In an alternate universe, our 5th pick in the 2018 draft Wendell Carter Jr. is still expecting that pass to arrive from Dennis, while Cam Reddish and Anthony Edwards spread the floor.

My goodness, this is true. And ugly.
Like Reply
I strongly considered Luka, but this is what we have started to expect from him.  He didn't elevate his game.  Are we taking him for granted...like many did for Dirk?  I don't know.  I gave the Dirkie to KP...because, because...it was time I guess.
Like Reply
It's not called the Dirk, it's called the Dirkie. The guy who stepped up his game to help Dirk win the game for us. Luka is now Dirk.
Like Reply
Zinger! Efficient offense at pretty high usage. Good defense. +24. He was even better than the box score suggests and gets my vote.

Luka, of course, had a spectacular game statistically as well. If the big two can stay on this roll, and the Mavs get their defensive stalwarts back, watch out.
Like Reply