Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STATE OF THE MAVS: 5/8 Point
[Image: EzNAbYuUUAMByqp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]

[Image: EzNBiz7UcAYExh3?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
Like Reply
(04-09-2021, 05:40 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Mavs putting up elite contender stats lately...hopefully this carries on the rest of the season and through the playoffs...

You jinxed 'em.
Like Reply
(04-17-2021, 05:19 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: You jinxed 'em.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT5LMESsx1.../giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Mavs are in a make-or-break stretch here. Their shooting has gotten very bad this month, I think that the schedule is finally catching up to them and the fatigue is affecting their legs on these threes.

January was a crazy month with the schedule and Covid. It got easier with only 2 B2Bs in February and March each + a week off due to the winter weather and All Star Break. That's where they were able to dig out of the hole they were in and be in position for the 7th/8th seed.

April is where things pick up though and judging by their play, it's looking like they are feeling it. Already 3 B2Bs in April and 2 more to go. I know every team is feeling the challenge of the tough scheduling but the Mavs are one of the teams who are so dependent on their 3-pt shooting. When you're tired, you will miss shots even if they're wide open.
Like Reply
Live look at the State of the Mavs:

[Image: a061fb7ae598be4887ba83481dd17af5?AccessK...oworigin=1]
Like Reply
Can we change up the starting lineup?

J Rich is not working.

A few lineups to consider:

Last year's: Luka, THJ, DFS, Powell, KP which was part of the best offense in NBA history.

Others would be keeping Maxi and changing the two guard to THJ, Brunson or JJ.

Others would be still adding Powell but also changing the two guard to THJ, Brunson or JJ.

I was against Powell bc he was coming back from injury and sort of gets in the way of KP offensively but at this point I think there's more upside, than downside. THJ and Powell both bring energy so let's add them. Powell gives you some PnR looks in the first quarter. KP will stretch the floor, THJ, stretches the floor as well. Lets start winning first quarters.

If we went to last year's starting lineup you'd still have Brunson, J Rich, Maxi, JJ off the bench. It's hard to sit Maxi when he's shooting 41% but he will still get a lot of minutes off the bench. Brunson too needs a lot of minutes.
Like Reply
(04-19-2021, 08:25 AM)StepBackJay Wrote: Can we change up the starting lineup?

J Rich is not working.

A few lineups to consider:

Last year's: Luka, THJ, DFS, Powell, KP which was part of the best offense in NBA history.

Others would be keeping Maxi and changing the two guard to THJ, Brunson or JJ.

Others would be still adding Powell but also changing the two guard to THJ, Brunson or JJ.

I was against Powell bc he was coming back from injury and sort of gets in the way of KP offensively but at this point I think there's more upside, than downside. THJ and Powell both bring energy so let's add them. Powell gives you some PnR looks in the first quarter. KP will stretch the floor, THJ, stretches the floor as well. Lets start winning first quarters.

If we went to last year's starting lineup you'd still have Brunson, J Rich, Maxi, JJ off the bench. It's hard to sit Maxi when he's shooting 41% but he will still get a lot of minutes off the bench. Brunson too needs a lot of minutes.

I'm all for THJ starting again.  His production and JB's are just to important to our success.  JB's proven he can be effective no matter when he is deployed so I wouldn't modify his super 6th man status.  THJ needs out of his April slump ASAP.
Like Reply
Time to look at the final stretch of games:

- Lakers, no LeBron, rusty AD
- Kings - no Fox but trying to win games
- Warriors - toss-up
- Pistons - Mavs favorite
- Wizards - If both Beal & Westbrook are playing this could be tough
- Kings - Fox still will be out I think
- Heat - toss-up
- Nets - No Harden
- Cavs - Mavs heavy favorite
- Cavs - Mavs heavy favorite
- Grizz - toss-up
- Pels - could be tough if Pels are desperate
- Raptors - Mavs favorite but Raptors could be close to play-in spot
- Timberwolves - Mavs heavy favorite.

Looks like 4 B2Bs which will present a challenge. Mavs tend to do well just to split those. That being said it's not a bad final schedule.
Like Reply