Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 2.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.5 pt Vegas favs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
88.89%
8 88.89%
Bulls
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 6: DAL (2-4) @ CHI (3-4) | 108-118 loss (no Luka)
Line seems to be restabilizing with Mavs 4.0 pt favs.
Like Reply
Another Point Forward should get extra minutes tonight IMO...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 05:36 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Chicago should be favored with both Luka and KP out and Lavine playing. Lavine will be the best player on the floor by a pretty wide margin.

JRich is going to take care of Lavine.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...4474106882
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/dallasmavs/status/13...9764958210
Like Reply
WHERE THE HELL ARE THE POINTS AND SHOT CREATION GOING TO COME FROM?

I think Tyrell could have a shot to get some solid minutes possibly. Big opportunity for him potentially.
Like Reply
Nate Hinton for the win. Really hope that he gets some minutes.
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 07:34 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Nate Hinton for the win. Really hope that he gets some minutes.

There’s no telling where Luka’s minutes will go. 

At a minimum, I’d expect Brunson and Burke to play more, and I have a feeling Green will get in this one, too. But honestly, anything could happen tonight, imo.

(01-03-2021, 07:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think Tyrell could have a shot to get some solid minutes possibly. Big opportunity for him potentially.

I feel like I can read all the complaining already.
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 07:36 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: At a minimum, I’d expect Brunson and Burke to play more, and I have a feeling Green will get in this one, too. But honestly, anything could happen tonight, imo.

RC doesn´t like to change his rotation but there obviously isn´t a player on the roster that can simply take Doncic´s spot and replace him. I think last year JJB actually started a few games when Luka was out but that´s not an option this year. Not to mention that RC is still trying to find the best lineups.
Agree that we probably will see a lot of Brunson and Burke. Most likely also Johnson.
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 07:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: RC doesn´t like to change his rotation but there obviously isn´t a player on the roster that can simply take Doncic´s spot and replace him. I think last year JJB actually started a few games when Luka was out but that´s not an option this year. Not to mention that RC is still trying to find the best lineups.

It was actually Brunson that started when Doncic was out. I think every time. And he played well. Because in regular rotation, Brunson was number 3 PG behind Luka and Wright. So Carlisle, as you said, kept his rotation by promoting Brunson. This year, we basically don't have a third string PG. At this point, I don't think Terry is ready, I think he would be more comfortable as SG
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 07:50 PM)omahen Wrote: It was actually Brunson that started when Doncic was out. I think every time. And he played well. Because in regular rotation, Brunson was number 3 PG behind Luka and Wright. So Carlisle, as you said, kept his rotation by promoting Brunson. This year, we basically don't have a third string PG. At this point, I don't think Terry is ready, I think he would be more comfortable as SG

I remember at least on bubble game without Luka and JJB in the starting five. Just looked it up and it was mostly Brunson. After Brunsons injury JJB replaced him as the 3rd PG.
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 07:28 PM)Kammrath Wrote: WHERE THE HELL ARE THE POINTS AND SHOT CREATION GOING TO COME FROM?

I think Tyrell could have a shot to get some solid minutes possibly. Big opportunity for him potentially.

Is it bad that I'm a little excited to see what this roster is like without our V12 supercar engine running it? No more hiding now.

I can also see this is a bit foolish though. Mavs should win this game, but because Luka is out there is a serious chance that they could drop this one, which could come back haunting us later in the season.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
oh well brunson it is. heres to no defense to start the game (most likely)
Like Reply
Its extremely urgent for Luka to start working on his body. These nagging injuries will always come and go until he take care of his body better.
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 08:09 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: oh well brunson it is. heres to no defense to start the game (most likely)

Josh Richardson says otherwise

*I type as Powell is a literal turnstile and let Lavine walk to the basket
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
OMG if powell shot that 3!! .... i woulda teleported to chicago and slapped him. what are you doing popping out on P&Rs bro. Get Your ass in the paint.
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 08:15 PM)dmavs4life03 Wrote: OMG if powell shot that 3!! .... i woulda teleported to chicago and slapped him. what are you doing popping out on P&Rs bro. Get Your ass in the paint.

Fun fact, the only shot Powell had against the Heat last game was a end of shot clock 3 that didn't even hit rim. He hasn't played anything like the old Powell so far.
Like Reply
how was that not an offensive foul lavine just cleared out richardson there. blind refs lol

Go THJ
Like Reply
Do you guys think we are showcasing Brunson for a possible trade to Chicago?
Like Reply
(01-03-2021, 08:27 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: Do you guys think we are showcasing Brunson for a possible trade to Chicago?

Yep. Brunson for Cristiano Felicio incoming.

My goodness Zach Lavine is so good.
Like Reply