Poll: Who will win the game? (Mavs 1.0 pt RAPTOR & 3.0 pt Vegas dogs)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Mavericks
50.00%
4 50.00%
Clippers
50.00%
4 50.00%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAME 3: DAL (1-2) @ LAC (2-1) | 124-73 win (50 pt halftime margin)
https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1343287057058328577
Like Reply
Everytime I see the Mavs starting lineup....I HATE it....just cannot get used to the abomination that it is.
Like Reply
[Image: EqRRQbhW4AI1tYE?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 03:09 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Everytime I see the Mavs starting lineup....I HATE it....just cannot get used to the abomination that it is.

To be clear, I hate it because it puts THREE guys out of position and into a position they are not as successful in....

THJ: SG ---> SF

DFS: SF ---> PF

DP: PF ---> C

Three guys playing out of position and IMO not being in a position to succeed.
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 03:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: To be clear, I hate it because it puts THREE guys out of position and into a position they are not as successful in....

THJ: SG ---> SF

DFS: SF ---> PF

DP: PF ---> C

Three guys playing out of position and IMO not being in a position to succeed.

Oh, I’d say you’ve made your views on this quite clear over the past couple of weeks, my dude.
Like Reply
But...positionless basketball!
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 03:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Oh, I’d say you’ve made your views on this quite clear over the past couple of weeks, my dude.

[Image: NhwHvbY.gif]
Like Reply
I question Rick with this starting lineup. Powell is terrible defensively. DFS is not a PF. THJ is not a SF. I guess the 1st 2 games is not enough for Rick to change his starting lineup.
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 03:07 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/townbrad/status/1343287057058328577

So, defensively...

Luka on Batum
Powell on Ibaka
Hardaway on Kennard
Richardson on Beverly
DFS on George?

I don't feel like there's any matchup that puts Dallas at a significant disadvantage, except maybe PG13.
Like Reply
Btw Batum 8/8/5 with 1.5 SPG so far. He´s going to do a Diaw. Shame the NBA has no loan system. Imagine getting all the French Mavs busts back completely humbled and transformed by spending time in Charlotte. Big Grin
Like Reply
Silence. Nothing to bitch about?
Like Reply
Let´s hope Lue doesn´t remember he has Zubac. I would have started him with Ibaka. He´d probably go 14/15 from the field with 10 FTs.
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 03:21 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: But...positionless basketball!

I do think there is a middle ground to the discussion between the five traditional positions and the modern take of positionless lineups but I'm struggling to articulate.  Maybe frontcourt and backcourt players that half flexibility to float between those two groupings?  At any rate, I don't think any combination of our roster will be satisfactory for the front court positions.
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 03:45 PM)omahen Wrote: Silence. Nothing to bitch about?
We could bitch about the person, who pissed into your cornflakes. Maybe that would lighten your mood.
Like Reply
(12-27-2020, 03:45 PM)omahen Wrote: Silence. Nothing to bitch about?

It's split half in Discord who's typing in there, and  don't type here and another half that don't wanna type in the gamethread.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
THJ chucking contested 3s again.
Like Reply
Lot more intensity and movement on defense. Let´s hope it continues. Also seem to push the ball a bit more.
Like Reply
Good start so far. Hopefully we can get the W today.
Like Reply
Nice Maxi, Nice Luka
Like Reply
Luka looks MUCH better.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply