Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prediction game
It´s that time of the year again. Time to make some predicitons.

Who is going to lead the Mavs in minutes?
Games played?
Boxscore averages?

Feel free to add more questions (maybe we can start a different thread for individual player stats predicitions).

My picks:

Games played: DFS (70)
Minutes: Richardson (34)
Rebounds: Doncic (9)
Assists: Doncic (9)
Blocks: Porzingis (1.9)
Steals: Richardson (1.3)
FG%: Powell (59%)
3-FG%: Terry (40%)
FT%: Terry (87%)
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 10:20 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Games played: DFS (70)

Dang. I think you pretty much nailed it out of the box.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 10:20 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: It´s that time of the year again. Time to make some predicitons.

Who is going to lead the Mavs in minutes?
Games played?
Boxscore averages?

Feel free to add more questions (maybe we can start a different thread for individual player stats predicitions).

My picks:

Games played: DFS (70)

I think these are really great predictions, though I'd say it's a bit optimistic on Richardson's minutes. That's certainly possible, but if he plays that many minutes consistently, I think it's safe to say that trade was a grand slam because of how well Richardson fit in with the team.
Like Reply
I will go with a bit more daring proposals:

Games played: Brunson (72)
Minutes: Doncic (34)
Rebounds: Porzingis (9.5)
Assists: Doncic (8)
Blocks: Porzingis (2.1)
Steals: Doncic (1.1)
FG%: Powell (64%)
3-FG%: Terry (45%)
FT%: Richardson (85%)
Like Reply
I don't know ab a lot of these but I think THJ or Burke will lead in 3%. They are primed to get really 3's this year. 

I expect people on this board will be disappointed to see how little Terry plays. He is not playing with the 2nd unit right now and you will likely only see him in spot minutes, blowouts in year 1 unless something crazy happens. He is still sort of a project, they will probably focus on getting his body right and learning the system.

I like the idea of Powell leading FG% with 60+ plus. Given his injury that would be a great accomplishment. We probably have been too low on his prospects. Given the strength of the overall roster, system Powell is a good candidate to raise his stock. While I expect us to fully notice a loss of athleticism, particularly related to his vertical leaping ability, I am optimistic we will see him continue to be a productive player which will bear itself out in that FG%. I wish Mavs would play him off the bench, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I don't like Powell as a starter but I will have to live with it for now I suppose.
Like Reply
Games played: DFS (71)
Minutes: Doncic (34)
Rebounds: Doncic (10)
Assists: Doncic (10)
Blocks: Porzingis (2)
Steals: Richardson (1.5)
FG%: Powell (63%)
3-FG%: THJ (42%)
FT%: Terry (90%)
Like Reply
I think you are a little low on Luka's stats...he is a walking 30 point triple double machine...

Rest of it I can see as very possible...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 01:35 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I think you are a little low on Luka's stats...he is a walking 30 point triple double machine...

I gave Luka a tripple double average, but I think df98's prediction is more accurate. But I couldn't just copy and paste what he said. I think Luka could play even better and more efficiently than last year and sill not average a tripple double. In fact, he might boost his team mates even more than last year, and lower all his averages and sill have a greater impact. But who knows, maybe he blows everything out of the water by boosting his teamates AND averaging a tripple double by playing with amazing efficiency. If he does that, depending on what happens in the playoffs, he finishes the season as the best player in the league.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 01:35 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: I think you are a little low on Luka's stats...he is a walking 30 point triple double machine...

Luka had the 2nd highest usage in the league (8th alltime) last season. 
I think  RC will try to find some kind of balance where Luka is still the main ballhandler but other guards (Richardson, Brunson, Burke) get more opportunities.
Like Reply
Am I the only one that expects both WCS and Powell to increase their 3-point volume this season? Powell because he probably isn´t as good of a rim runner as he used to be and WCS because he has the green light that he never had in Sacramento or with the Warriors.
That´s why I don´t think that any Mavs player will shoot 60% + from the field.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 01:53 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Am I the only one that expects both WCS and Powell to increase their 3-point volume this season? Powell because he probably isn´t as good of a rim runner as he used to be and WCS because he has the green light that he never had in Sacramento or with the Warriors.

I guess it's possible but you are talking 2 3's a game tops and the average would likely be lower than that like 1/game for the season. So not really enough to effect the overall FG % too negatively. I expect both of them to try to shoot 3's again. I don't know if DP got to put in more work or less work on outside shooting given his rehab. Since he claims he's been ready for months my guess is that he has had time to workshop his shot. So ya I do expect both of them to launch a 3 or two a game. I don't like DP's form at all so I am not confident he is ever going to be even an average 3 point shooter.

If DP does successfully add a 35% 3 pointer that would be amazing and help his overall game. Right now the defense pretty much gives him that shot whenever he wants it so it negatively effects spacing.

Doncic will have a triple double average if healthy no doubt. Really his ankles are the only thing holding him back at this point.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 01:53 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Am I the only one that expects both WCS and Powell to increase their 3-point volume this season? Powell because he probably isn´t as good of a rim runner as he used to be and WCS because he has the green light that he never had in Sacramento or with the Warriors.

That's a good point about Powell. Also, there have been some stretches of respectable 3pt shooting from DP. If he has some kind of DFS level arrival of his 3 pt shot then there's no way he shoots what he shot when his dunks drove the percentages. 

I'm skeptical about WCS. Good intentions are good when there is follow through. Follow thorugh for him seems like it'd mean he'd have to become a different player than he's ever been. The hope that comes from potential and flashes won't keep him on the court if he doesn't turn a corner.

(12-11-2020, 02:31 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Doncic will have a triple double average if healthy no doubt.

careful with that sure-ness!!!! :-)
Like Reply
My view is he will be getting the rebounds by design to jumpstart getting the ball down the court which gives defenses less time to get set up...

He has Dwight Automatic Assist coming back from injury who is elite in getting to the rim and finishing Luka's amazing passes...

He has more weapons which should help keep defenses from stacking up on him as much...this is the stat he may fall short of but I see a great chance at this time before seeing the team play any games so I could be wrong...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Games played: Josh Richardson (70)
Minutes: Luka (35)
Rebounds: Doncic (9.8)
Assists: Doncic (10.5)
Blocks: Porzingis (2.4)
Steals: Richardson (1.9)
FG%: Maxi (61%) (Fif bullied me into questioning Maxi, so my real answer is Boban with 69.420%)
3-FG%: Richardson (38.9%)
FT%: Kristaps (86%)
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 03:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: FG%: Maxi (61%)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 03:19 PM)fifteenth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

He's gonna do it. I believe in Maxi.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 03:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He's gonna do it. I believe in Maxi.

you thinking eFg%?
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 04:02 PM)fifteenth Wrote: you thinking eFg%?

I know what you're thinking. A 15 point jump? Crazy right? Well it is. It makes no sense. But Maxi is going to do it.

And you know, lets include eFG% too. Maxi have it all.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 03:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: He's gonna do it. I believe in Maxi

With his shot chart, that would make him the greatest shooter in league history.  He takes about 2/3 of his shots from 3.  That is not likely. Haha

I could see that he could continue the positive career trend that pushes him this season to reach a 40% from 3 and a 50% from the floor.
Like Reply
(12-11-2020, 03:16 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: FG%: Maxi (61%) (Fif bullied me into questioning Maxi, so my real answer is Boban with 69.420%)

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply