Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
SITE IS MOVING: to MavsBoard.com | Login issues?
(02-07-2021, 10:24 PM)DrMav Wrote: How do you change your password on this site? Can’t find it for the life of me

Under User CP (upper left of the screen) the  there is an Edit profile with Change password link

https://ibb.co/82vw5X0
Like Reply
If you are using dark mode you need to switch back to light mode to view the screen that Bols is showing. That's probably why you couldn't find it.
Like Reply
(02-07-2021, 07:21 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: As an Admin I believe I can do a new temp password on your old username for you to get access back...

Yes please if you can. Thanks.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 02:10 PM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Yes please if you can. Thanks.

Ok...hang around for about 15 mins and also enable PM messaging so I can send you a made up password...then you can go to User CP and set a new permanent one...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Hakeem sent you a PM...

Let me know if this worked...
Like Reply
Also the post at the top of this page is great for knowing how to change password
Like Reply
In addition to the bug where I have to login every time and I still get mismatch errors, I've noticed that the site occasionally does not load at all until I refresh the page.

Using Chrome, BTW. Everything appears to be working just fine with no issues on my iPhone.
Like Reply
Finally got in. It took using a browser I had never used on the new site, switching to dark theme, and using incognito mode. Now I'm able to log in without using incognito mode, using Chrome.
Like Reply
Still can't login using my preferred mobile browser, Samsung Internet. Keep getting that error message "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 03:41 PM)embellisher Wrote: Still can't login using my preferred mobile browser, Samsung Internet. Keep getting that error message "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

You may have to clear cache cookies or in extreme circumstances clear browsing history...
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 03:41 PM)embellisher Wrote: Still can't login using my preferred mobile browser, Samsung Internet. Keep getting that error message "Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again."

I've changed a theme to Mobile-Dark or Light, done the login. There was "Authorization code mismatch..." written there but I was actually logged in. Check this. That worked for me on Samsung Internet browser on Samsung phone. 
Like Reply
Everyone leaving tips or telling how they figured it out is appreciated by me and has helped others get logged in...

https://media.giphy.com/media/ehlfWq9dsm.../giphy.gif
Like Reply
I think it finally worked. I was just about to give up
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 05:52 PM)MFFL user name Wrote: I think it finally worked. I was just about to give up

I see your post just fine! Welcome!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 04:50 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Everyone leaving tips or telling how they figured it out is appreciated by me and has helped others get logged in...

https://media.giphy.com/media/ehlfWq9dsm.../giphy.gif
These are crumbs, you and SBJ and Kamm and Magick and others involved in the relocation should be deeply thanked by the whole community for actually saving the community. The existence of this forum, which differs from others in many ways, with incredibly hardworking Mods, the existence of a community with tons of useful and quality posts and information from an area we are all interested in is a privilege we are too unaware of. So my sincere thanks go to all of you. You are MVPs here! And consider a system that will sustainably financially help the web hosting owner cover the costs by us, the members of this forum. I’m sure many would step in.

[Image: 8c5c4f046bf42c0a5f66b7b693c40612.jpg]
Like Reply
MFFL your username should be fixed now...I changed the old one to MFFL OLD...
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 02:12 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Ok...hang around for about 15 mins and also enable PM messaging so I can send you a made up password...then you can go to User CP and set a new permanent one...

Thanks Clutch. Got my old username back. Much appreciated!
Like Reply
(02-08-2021, 06:18 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: MFFL your username should be fixed now...I changed the old one to MFFL OLD...

I am able to login now but I still see the message after logging in. 
Quote:Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

Leaves me with the idea something is still a bit off.  So are you saying here this is because the same username is in the database twice, and one of them needs to be changed or deleted?
Like Reply
(02-09-2021, 01:07 AM)Dahlsim Wrote: I am able to login now but I still see the message after logging in. 

Leaves me with the idea something is still a bit off.  So are you saying here this is because the same username is in the database twice, and one of them needs to be changed or deleted?

Some had been encouraged by me and Kamm to register a new name at this site...bad advice it seems...we wound up moving the old site and login info...
Like Reply
I changed emails to see if that would stop the mismatch.  It did not.  Log in with User Name did not change the mismatch.  (I had been logging in with my email)

Not sure anything else to do on my end.  Still have to log in every time and get the mismatch message.  Not a big deal but likely if there is a fix it will be on the admin side.
Like Reply