Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MavsTV Options this season...
Is tonight’s game on FSSW? I don’t see it
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 04:52 PM)vfromlmf Wrote: Is tonight’s game on FSSW? I don’t see it

Yes. FSSW tonight.
Like Reply
Ok, using my hehe streams trial tonight. 

Feels dirty.
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 07:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, using my hehe streams trial tonight. 

Feels dirty.

https://media.giphy.com/media/hlPnhdnBfgjzG/giphy.gif
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(12-17-2020, 03:42 PM)Nuindustry Wrote: Chiming in to say that the VPN to India and League Pass purchase for $13.99 worked for me today.  It feels a little slimy, but at least I can watch the Mavs now.

Listen don't feel slimy. The NBA created an environment where this option was attractive. It's their job to motivate you to want to purchase league pass through non-slimy ways. They've failed on all accounts.

Thanks for confirming this method is still available!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Rather than use Sportsurge again, like I normally do, I signed up on the India NBA League Pass using a vpn.  This was an experiment so I could verify it for others.  It was, I don't know, about $15 for the year.  I don't know if it is NBA League Pass controls or what--maybe I am just senile, I was born in the first half of the last century after all--but it was a little difficult to understand and/or get the streams to start.  I persevered and got it done.  The stream was better than almost all of Sportsurge with no buffering once I got it started.  I'm happy.  The price is right.

Oh yeah...once I logged in using the vpn I turned it off so it would be faster.  The ping to India was about 250ms.  We would prefer something at 20 ms or less.  I live just outside of a small Texas town so my service is not really very good...compared to larger cities.

...and I don't feel slimy at all.  My only other option is to sit at home and play parcheesi, or go square dancing...
Like Reply
Bump.

To keep this on the front page in case someone hears something about FSSW getting their issues resolved with streaming carriers.
Like Reply
I'm set for this season with Hehe. Might not be interested in going back TBH.
Like Reply
My update is that FSSW is still blocking Mavs games to my W OK zip code...tried League Pass but Mavs are also blacked out in my zip code...signed up for hehe free trial bit it wouldn't let me see tje game due to not recognizing my free trial for test purposes since League Pass kept my monthly.fee while denying me access...

It's not slimy when NBA, Mavs, and/or Sinclair unfairly or maybe illegally block you when you live in an Thunder market a little over an hour away from their arena...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
I don’t see anything changing with the current contractual status between fssw and the providers that it has dropped. Seems Cuban made that pretty clear...

Business folks have made their decision and i’ve made mine; i’ll just do without and follow the national broadcasts. Tired of this going on for what appears will be every year from here on out...
Like Reply
(12-23-2020, 02:43 PM)B2001 Wrote: I don’t see anything changing with the current contractual status between fssw and the providers that it has dropped. Seems Cuban made that pretty clear...

Business folks have made their decision and i’ve made mine; i’ll just do without and follow the national broadcasts. Tired of this going on for what appears will be every year from here on out...

This is where I'm at right now.  I'm not going to go out of my way to get access.  If they are okay with me not watching, then I'm okay with it as well. They're going to struggle down the road with attracting young viewers if they don't figure out a way to make their product more accessible.
Like Reply
(12-22-2020, 01:01 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I'm set for this season with Hehe. Might not be interested in going back TBH.

Ya I did the short term plan (6 weeks?) and it's been great. I expect to renew when it's up. Hopefully next year this all gets sorted out but in my view hehe is a great short term option.
Like Reply
(12-22-2020, 01:28 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: My update is that FSSW is still blocking Mavs games to my W OK zip code...tried League Pass but Mavs are also blacked out in my zip code...signed up for hehe free trial bit it wouldn't let me see tje game due to not recognizing my free trial for test purposes since League Pass kept my monthly.fee while denying me access...

It's not slimy when NBA, Mavs, and/or Sinclair unfairly or maybe illegally block you when you live in an Thunder market a little over an hour away from their arena...

I have the same problem in North central Arkansas. Before we cut the cord last year, half the time FSSW blacked out the broadcast. I guess I'm part of the Memphis market or something. 

I travel a lot on business. When I'm on the road, I go to B-Dub's for dinner and watch the game that way. When I'm home or don't feel like wings and beer, I look on reddit for a stream. 

I'll have to try out s p o r t s s u r g e. I had a site I used last year, but they've been shut down. Streams I get from reddit are hit or miss. Half of them don't work at all, and the ones that do are either poor quality or spend half their time buffering.
Like Reply
does Direct TV still have FSSW?

If so, I guess I need to familiarize myself with restaurants and bars with Direct TV.
Like Reply
(12-28-2020, 04:52 PM)jesusshuttlesworth82 Wrote: does Direct TV still have FSSW?

If so, I guess I need to familiarize myself with restaurants and bars with Direct TV.

I have DirecTv...and no...I don't have FSSW.  I DO have the NBA channel on Youtube TV, but it was blocked where I live (100 miles South Southwest of Dallas).  So...I used the India NBA live (or whatever it's called.  My mind wanders).  I really like the games with Mark Followill and Derek Harper doing play by play.  Followill is head and shoulders above most of the national guys...and I appreciate Derek Harper for many reasons.
Like Reply
(12-28-2020, 06:51 PM)ballsrchr Wrote: I have DirecTv...and no...I don't have FSSW.  I DO have the NBA channel on Youtube TV, but it was blocked where I live (100 miles South Southwest of Dallas).  So...I used the India NBA live (or whatever it's called.  My mind wanders).  I really like the games with Mark Followill and Derek Harper doing play by play.  Followill is head and shoulders above most of the national guys...and I appreciate Derek Harper for many reasons.

Yeah, had them in my source list but didn't need them or any stream grabbers till this whacky blackout situation so I see s p o r t s s u r g e wasn't bad tonight.  
http://sportsurge.net  You can use an ad blocker, and always close any popups.

Like Reply
(01-01-2021, 09:33 PM)Dahlsim Wrote: Yeah, had them in my source list but didn't need them or any stream grabbers till this whacky blackout situation so I see s p o r t s s u r g e wasn't bad tonight.  
http://sportsurge.net  You can use an ad blocker, and always close any popups.

That's what I've used to last two games. Not quite as easy to use as the site I used last season, but it's getting the job done for now. 

Does anybody know if the sports bars are having issues getting NBA games? I know Bdubs and some others used to use DirecTV but I don't know if they still do. 

Getting ready to start traveling again, and need to see if that old standby is still good.
Like Reply
Hehe users, I'm now committed for the season. Tonight's game is the first I won't be able to watch in real time, but thankfully, I'll have access to the game afterwards.

Question: do I have to wait for the game to be over completely before watching, or is there a way to start from the beginning while it's still in progress?
Like Reply
(01-04-2021, 01:12 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Hehe users, I'm now committed for the season. Tonight's game is the first I won't be able to watch in real time, but thankfully, I'll have access to the game afterwards.

Question: do I have to wait for the game to be over completely before watching, or is there a way to start from the beginning while it's still in progress?

The feed starts 15 minutes before tipoff and goes to the end of the game (even OT). You can start it anytime after the feed is available, for instance, last night, I started the feed 15 minutes after tipoff and caught up on commercial breaks. You can go to player configuration and change the amount of time to "skip" forward from +5 secs to +120 secs to skip through commercial breaks. I have it set to 30 secs and it seems to work out well.
Like Reply
@"ItsGoTime" but how do you avoid joining the broadcast in progress and seeing the score?
Like Reply