Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRESEASON GAMES: Dec 17 MIN 730pm
Looks like the Mavs have the Bucks number. They've beat them 4 straight. Swept them last year, and these 2 preseason games.
Like Reply
Be Giannis. 

Your deadline to sign an extension is only a week away.

Watch the Dallas backcourt of Luka/JRich/THJ completely torch your guys.

Watch the Dallas second unit demolish your starters in the 4th quarter.

Do you pick up the pen or the phone?
Like Reply
Freaking Mavs shot 48% on threes!
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 10:26 PM)Tyler Wrote: Be Giannis. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
This Bucks team is not better judging from what I see right now

Huge risk letting giving up all those assets for Holiday
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 10:29 PM)Omega_Supreme Wrote: Huge risk letting giving up all those assets for Holiday
Right on, especially compared to J Rich.  Dallas got a steal even though I love Seth.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 10:26 PM)Tyler Wrote: Be Giannis. 

Only problem is that the mentioned backcourt is gone if the Mavs decided to go all in on Giannis.
Like Reply
If the Mavericks can play with this type of intensity and continuity while KP is recovering, the Mavericks will be the scariest team in the NBA not named the LA Lakers. Giannis has to look at the Mavericks and realistically think and salivate his future playing with the Mavericks. The prospect of play with a young Luka and KP is just too good to pass up. The Mavericks will run the NBA for nearly a decade.

Will it happen, IDK, I don't think so, but out of all the years we've tried to chase big free agents, this is the one time I can see it realistically happening.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 10:31 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Dallas got a steal even though I love Seth.

Yeah, JRich is exactly what the doctor ordered. Small sample size, yada yada yada, but he's currently 8-10 from 3 and clearly likes playing in the Dallas spacing to go along with his excellent defense. He sure looks like a keeper.

(12-14-2020, 10:32 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Only problem is that the mentioned backcourt is gone if the Mavs decided to go all in on Giannis.

Not when the inevitable trade happens. Wink
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 10:31 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Right on, especially compared to J Rich.  Dallas got a steal even though I love Seth.

It gives you a real apples to apples judgement of both front offices. I would rather have Josh Richardson at his salary than Holiday. The Mavericks appear to be very meticulous in how they are building this out around Luka. 

Sadly the Bucks appear to not have a plan on how to build around Giannis. 
Looks like they are just making panic moves without real direction. 

Chris Paul would have been a better fit IMO and probably fewer assets in the trade acquisition.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 10:34 PM)Tyler Wrote: Yeah, JRich is exactly what the doctor ordered. Small sample size, yada yada yada, but he's currently 8-10 from 3 and clearly likes playing in the Dallas spacing to go along with his excellent defense. He sure looks like a keeper.

Not when the inevitable trade happens. Wink

Sure but we  can get replacements. Look, the players off the books is James Johnson, THJ, Josh Richardson and Boban. 
James Johnson is not going to get paid 16 million, he and Boban can share what ever remaining $$ we can give. I'm okay with losing THJ and getting someone cheaper. The player I don't want to lose if I'm the Mavericks would be Josh Richardson. He has 11 million next year (if he picks it up). If he does is still a win for us. If not, hopefully we ca resign up.  

Reality our team wouldn't be gutted that much with Giannis coming to the Mavs. 

Still have Brunson, Burke, Maxi, Dorry, Josh Green (the other rookies), WCS, Powel..  Mavs can make it work. I bet you any player would wanna join for cheap to play with the Trio or Luka, KP and Giannis.
Like Reply
PRESEASON GAME 2 REACTIONS:

1) DFS at the 4 and DP at the 5 continues to not work. I am nervous for getting off to a slow start if RC runs with that while KP is out.

2) JRich is the real deal and I LOVE, LOVE the fit next to Luka. He looks like a championship piece. Amazing the Mavs were paid my boy Bey to take him. Crazy.

3) Still not seeing THJ as a championship piece. I think he is better than Barnes, but he just doesn't have what I think the Mavs need to pull this altogether.

4) WCS needs more minutes. The defense instantaneously got so much better in both games with him playing. And that shot looks promising. The Mavs desperately need him while KP is out and I hope RC starts leaning on him (WCS does look a little winded, so maybe getting into shape still?). 

5) Still think the Mavs have "hit" on all four rooks. Loving what I am seeing from Green and clearly RC is trusting him already (Green looks like a vet of RC's system already, just crazy). I was wrong on my scouting eval of him. Also glad to see Bey as the second rook off the bench. He doesn't look quite as comfortable as Green yet, but once he is able to start playing "faster" I think he is going find a great niche as a role player wing. Terry needs to stop picking up his dribble....he is struggling to get what it means to be PG in RC's system, but that is understandable. I still think he will develop into a solid bench player.
Like Reply
Maybe it wasn't obvious, but personally I expect Giannis to move in a trade (if he leaves Milwaukee). It'll either be a S&T or maybe even a deadline trade if Milwaukee sees the writing on the wall and wants to get enough back to try to convince Holiday to stick around. And there are plenty of trade scenarios that can (at least) keep JRich around if not both JRich and THJ. Remember, that larger James Johnson contract (including his bird rights for S&T possibilities) could come in handy for trade matching. 

As long as GA hasn't committed to Milwaukee, keep the faith and enjoy the possibilities.

But that's in the future. In the here and now, I really like what I see developing here. The combination of JRich and Green has the chance to really change the look of the backcourt. In fact, if they can keep this up I'd love to see at least one of them on the court at all times.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 10:49 PM)Tyler Wrote: Maybe it wasn't obvious, but personally I expect Giannis to move in a trade (if he leaves Milwaukee). It'll either be a S&T or maybe even a deadline trade if Milwaukee sees the writing on the wall and wants to get enough back to try to convince Holiday to stick around. And there are plenty of trade scenarios that can (at least) keep JRich around if not both JRich and THJ. Remember, that larger James Johnson contract (including his bird rights for S&T possibilities) could come in handy for trade matching. 

As long as GA hasn't committed to Milwaukee, keep the faith and enjoy the possibilities.

But that's in the future. In the here and now, I really like what I see developing here. The combination of JRich and Green has the chance to really change the look of the backcourt. In fact, if they can keep this up I'd love to see at least one of them on the court at all times.

The Mavs would need to give up everything not named Luka and it probably still wouldn´t be enough. Even if Giannis says that he will only sign with Dallas a desperate team will try to trade for him and convince him to stay. That´s basically what the Mavs did when they signed KP. Mavs were not on his list.
This is not 2K or some fantasy league. A 2x MVP player isn´t traded for expiring conracts.
We can probably start with the Jrue Holiday trade and double the assets. That´s probably the starting point for any Giannis trade. Or take a look at the AD trade and add 1-2 1st round picks.

Mavs cannot trade for Giannis. It is free agency or bust.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 10:49 PM)Tyler Wrote: Maybe it wasn't obvious, but personally I expect Giannis to move in a trade (if he leaves Milwaukee). It'll either be a S&T or maybe even a deadline trade if Milwaukee sees the writing on the wall and wants to get enough back to try to convince Holiday to stick around. And there are plenty of trade scenarios that can (at least) keep JRich around if not both JRich and THJ. Remember, that larger James Johnson contract (including his bird rights for S&T possibilities) could come in handy for trade matching. 

I think you may be right and my biggest fear is how it could gut our team if we have to give up that many assets. 

The question is what would a mid season trade look like for Giannis.
Like Reply
“People can say what they want about my year in Philly," said Richardson. "But that was a tough situation for me. I think I fit well here. ... I think I bring leadership, I think I bring toughness, I think I bring some intangibles to this team. And I can hit shots."

"From a camaraderie standpoint, these guys are probably the best of the best," said Richardson of the Mavs' early chemistry.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 11:10 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: The Mavs would need to give up everything not named Luka and it probably still wouldn´t be enough. Even if Giannis says that he will only sign with Dallas a desperate team will try to trade for him and convince him to stay. That´s basically what the Mavs did when they signed KP. Mavs were not on his list.
This is not 2K or some fantasy league. A 2x MVP player isn´t traded for expiring conracts.
We can probably start with the Jrue Holiday trade and double the assets. That´s probably the starting point for any Giannis trade. Or take a look at the AD trade and add 1-2 1st round picks.

Mavs cannot trade for Giannis. It is free agency or bust.

That is why I think Brooklyn could be a strong factor here 
They have more young assets at salary matching contracts that would be of interest 

I don't think the Bucks would trade him if their season is going good but if they start out struggling they may do it.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 11:10 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Mavs cannot trade for Giannis. It is free agency or bust.

And when he agrees to leave via FA, it will be in Milwaukee's best interest to work a S&T even for a small return because some assets along with a TPE is still better than nothing. If it gets to that point, the team acquiring him no longer has to clear the space and can operate as an over-the-cap team. All I'm saying is that there will be options.

But I totally agree that if he's traded before the deadline, someone out there will take their chances with a big offer. Honestly I could even see Houston giving it a shot with Harden.
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 11:11 PM)Hypermav Wrote: "From a camaraderie standpoint, these guys are probably the best of the best," said Richardson of the Mavs' early chemistry.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(12-14-2020, 11:14 PM)Tyler Wrote: And when he agrees to leave via FA, it will be in Milwaukee's best interest to work a S&T even for a small return because some assets along with a TPE is still better than nothing. If it gets to that point, the team acquiring him no longer has to clear the space and can operate as an over-the-cap team. All I'm saying is that there will be options.

That´s possible but once he enters free agency the Bucks have no control anyway and they won´t agree to a sign&trade just because it helps the Mavs to keep JRich.
In this case it takes something good to get something even better.
Like Reply