Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
(11-23-2020, 01:47 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-23-2020, 01:25 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: J Rich is a slightly better passer and I think comparable shooter to THJ especially in this offense.

I'd say their passing is similar, but Richardson's handles are so vastly superior to THJ's that people will assume he's a better passer because he's able to create advantageous passing angles. 

And, my god, if he's "comparable" to the shooting that THJ gave them last year, that's damn near an all-star, imo. I have a hard time seeing that, but I'd welcome it with open arms. I think Richardson is a guy you like to have as the dude other teams leave open. He'll make those at a high clip, and his percentage will increase, as you say. If that guy on your team makes more of them then that guy on the other team does, huge advantage. Kind of like DFS did last year. The "Luka effect" on guys like that is that the catch happens with great ball positioning and rhythm, and from a less predictable passing angle. The attempt is more wide open as a result. But, I don't anticipate that the Mavs will build their offense around getting him catch and shoot 3's as a first or second option like they did with THJ (or like they WOULD do with Hield). 

Again, THJ did not stand around waiting for his man to help someone else like DFS did. He played a much more primary role on the offensive side of the ball.

(11-23-2020, 01:41 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I do think with the right development of technique he absolutely can. His build is almost EXACTLY the same as RoCo (their body measurements are basically the exact same, but TBey is a better athlete). TBey has all the tools, the question will be whether he develops the toughness and technique to capitalize on that.

Yes, he is the definition of a switchable defender. There'll be some growing pains, but I don't doubt he can get there on the NBA level at all. 

The question about Bey is offense. But, I fully believe they'll play him at the 4, where one can envision him as the roll man pretty easily. Still, it's going to take him a while to master all the permutations of when to roll, when to short roll, when to slip, when to pop, what to do with the ball on a short roll, when to make the extra pass vs. forcing a shot up, etc. I think he can do it, but it's going to take a while.
Richardson has a better career FG%, 3pt% and FT% compared to THJ, on only slightly lower volume. THJ put up an absolute career year from 3 last season, but Richardson has hit 37% from 3 for Miami. Everyone is all over THJ as a shooter right now, but he's had an outlier season after being bad the entirety of his career. I think the improvement had more to do with the system he played in Dallas than some huge natural improvement in his shooting ability (as evidenced by a few other Mavs putting up career shooting seasons from 3), which actually bodes pretty well for Josh potentially having a shooting season as good or close to what THJ just did.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL - by Dundalis - 11-29-2020, 12:54 AM