Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...6224871431

https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...6135021570

https://twitter.com/MavsDraft/status/132...3259386881
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 05:00 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/IsaacLHarris/status/...6224871431

https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/stat...6135021570

https://twitter.com/MavsDraft/status/132...3259386881

So - Reaves, Cleveland, and Gillespie all gone?
Like Reply
Bye, Dizzy. We hardly knew you.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 05:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So - Reaves, Cleveland, and Gillespie all gone?

I think this has to do with whatever trade they are brewing....RC seems to think something is imminent. This allows roster flexibility on whatever is ahead.
Like Reply
If all goes well and we want Bey on the major league team next season, do we still have exclusive rights or does he become an UFA?
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 05:27 PM)DrMav Wrote: If all goes well and we want Bey on the major league team next season, do we still have exclusive rights or does he become an UFA?

Mavs have exclusive rights to turn their two way into a first NBA contract.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 05:10 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: So - Reaves, Cleveland, and Gillespie all gone?

Reaves and Cleveland are gone. To be honest, I don't think it was reported what kind of agreement Mavs made with Gillespie.

In any case, with all 3 rookies we were at 14 roster spots, not counting WCS or Barea. We all assume at least one guy will come for MLE, perhaps another vet min center. This means we lack roster spots.

As for trades, at this point I would like to see the core untouched and upgrade Wright/Jackson plus whatever future draft consideration needed. I am ok if it is Young, Wood, Gallo, Bogi. MLE - DJJ if we trade for PF or Millsap if we trade for SG. Sneaky MLE aquisition I would like would be J. Hernangomez
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 05:35 PM)omahen Wrote:

Sneaky MLE aquisition I would like would be J. Hernangomez
Nice shout. Maybe we get both bros. One with the MLE, the other with the BAE. They can split it in the family, whichever way they want.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 06:30 PM)Mavs2019 Wrote:

Sneaky MLE aquisition I would like would be J. Hernangomez
Nice shout. Maybe we get both bros. One with the MLE, the other with the BAE. They can split it in the family, whichever way they want.

No BAE this year. Bobi got it last year.
Like Reply
Does anyone else see prime Shawn Marion potential when they watch Tyler Bey highlights?
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 02:55 AM)LukasBestFriendForeverTonyT Wrote: Does anyone else see prime Shawn Marion potential when they watch Tyler Bey highlights?

Me? Not at all - but I've heard this before. 
Maybe I have to much end-of-prime and after-prime Shawn Marion in my mind.
Tiger just seems to have more wingspan and less ugly force in his game.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 02:55 AM)LukasBestFriendForeverTonyT Wrote: Does anyone else see prime Shawn Marion potential when they watch Tyler Bey highlights?

HELL YES. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I LOVE the pick of Tyler Bey and ever since @"Scott41theMavs" put him on my radar I have been in love. I think he has a VERY real chance of succeeding with RC and the Mavs and I hope they call on Marion to actually mentor him on some stuff.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 08:20 AM)Kammrath Wrote:

HELL YES. 

I LOVE the pick of Tyler Bey and ever since @"Scott41theMavs" put him on my radar I have been in love. I think he has a VERY real chance of succeeding with RC and the Mavs and I hope they call on Marion to actually mentor him on some stuff.

Hope he isn't traded. But got the weird feeling he could be someone who is headed out due to limited amount of assets.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 08:23 AM)sefant Wrote: Hope he isn't traded. But got the weird feeling he could be someone who is headed out due to limited amount of assets.

2-way players can't be traded, they can only be released
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 03:00 AM)Mapka Wrote: Me? Not at all - but I've heard this before. 

If Tiger was projected to have a Shawn Marion type career he would have been a lotery pick.
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 10:59 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-20-2020, 03:00 AM)Mapka Wrote: Me? Not at all - but I've heard this before. 

If Tiger was projected to have a Shawn Marion type career he would have been a lotery pick.

Prime Marion averaged 20+/10+ and 2stls/1.5blks. He also was one of the best defenders in the league. 4x allstar, 2 all-NBA 3rd teams.

I think the comparisation makes more sense if we are talking about defensive minded role player Marion in Dallas and even in that case I don´t see it.
Like Reply

Reaves and Cleveland are gone. To be honest, I don't think it was reported what kind of agreement Mavs made with Gillespie.

In any case, with all 3 rookies we were at 14 roster spots, not counting WCS or Barea. We all assume at least one guy will come for MLE, perhaps another vet min center. This means we lack roster spots.

As for trades, at this point I would like to see the core untouched and upgrade Wright/Jackson plus whatever future draft consideration needed. I am ok if it is Young, Wood, Gallo, Bogi. MLE - DJJ if we trade for PF or Millsap if we trade for SG. Sneaky MLE aquisition I would like would be J. Hernangomez
If the G-League isn't active, don't the 2-ways get to travel with the big boys? This could be advantageous in developing both the weaknesses and the maturity to handle NBA spotlight. Get to experience what that life is like and see how much time and effort the main guys put into prepping.

So if Bey goes to a 2-way contract, does than now mean there are more openings on the main roster?
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 11:55 AM)michaeltex Wrote: So if Bey goes to a 2-way contract, does than now mean there are more openings on the main roster?

Yes
Like Reply
Hi @Omahen,

You called for this, how happy are you?
Like Reply
(11-20-2020, 12:02 PM)Mapka Wrote: You called for this, how happy are you?

What do you mean? The Curry-Richardson trade? I couldn't be happier, said it many times since draft. This was literally my top non star trade possibility.
Like Reply