Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRADE: Curry to PHI | Richardson + #36 [Tyler Bey, 6'7", 7'1.25" WS] to DAL
Good summary of the deal:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/josh-...right-now/
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:41 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...9861075968

Thank you Dirk!!!

Morey finally broke up Dirk and the Mavs
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:41 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote: https://twitter.com/KeithSmithNBA/status...9861075968

Thank you Dirk!!!

This deal keeps getting worse and worse.  :p
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:46 PM)Tyler Wrote: Good summary of the deal:

Excellent read. I agree with every word of it - this guy knows his stuff.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 12:46 PM)Tyler Wrote: Good summary of the deal:

Quote:While not quite a Curry-caliber shooter, Richardson made 38.6 percent of his catch-and-shoot 3-pointers in his last two seasons with the Heat, an essential skill next to Doncic. That number fell to a pedestrian 34.6 with the 76ers last season for an entirely explainable reason. Only 32.5 percent of his 3-pointers last season were wide open, according to NBA.com. In his final Heat season, it was over 40 percent. Philadelphia's poor shot-creation rears its ugly head yet again.

As I said upthread, sharing a backcourt with Ben Simmons probably really sucks as a 3 point shooter.   Not a high level distrbutor and absolutely refuses to take any off the perimeter defense pressure off of his teammates.   And he wasn't really playing with great PGs in Miami either when Dragic was hurt.
Like Reply
Still love this trade and I love his caphold too which will only be like 16-milish. That is probably around the floor of what he actually signs. I suspect on this Mavs team JRich's value will be going up from there.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 01:23 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Still love this trade and I love his caphold too which will only be like 16-milish. That is probably around the floor of what he actually signs. I suspect on this Mavs team JRich's value will be going up from there.

Yeah, that's the best part. They STILL have the flexibility to add another huge, huge piece at some point soon, and then everyone starts getting extensions. It's PERFECT.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 01:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 01:23 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Still love this trade and I love his caphold too which will only be like 16-milish. That is probably around the floor of what he actually signs. I suspect on this Mavs team JRich's value will be going up from there.

Yeah, that's the best part. They STILL have the flexibility to add another huge, huge piece at some point soon, and then everyone starts getting extensions. It's PERFECT.

I also think that this opens the door WIDE for the next big move.  With backcourt defender/secondary creator checked off, (and with a solid shooting option), I would love to see a move of THJ for OPJ go down.  That move, along with the MLE going to a guy like Milsap, and this offseason would be better than I imagined. 

Young players to develop... check!
Upgrade defense with 2 way players... check!
Maintain cap flexibility for potential big fish in '21...  Check!  

Luka/JRich/OPJ/Milsap/KP.  That would be a squad.  Best offense and top 10 defense.  True contenders... THIS year.  With good young depth filling in behind with both offense and defense.  Am I being greedy here?  Haha!  Btw, I love the trade.  I think JRich fits on so many levels, and much better for our team's needs than Lavine.  While that would have been great on offense, our point of attack defense would have been brutal.  Not feeling that way any more!  Nice work MBT!
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:34 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote:

I also think that this opens the door WIDE for the next big move.  With backcourt defender/secondary creator checked off, (and with a solid shooting option), I would love to see a move of THJ for OPJ go down.  That move, along with the MLE going to a guy like Milsap, and this offseason would be better than I imagined. 

Luka/JRich/OPJ/Milsap/KP.  That would be a squad.  Best offense and top 10 defense.  True contenders... THIS year.  With good young depth filling in behind with both offense and defense.  Am I being greedy here?  Haha!  Btw, I love the trade.  I think JRich fits on so many levels, and much better for our team's needs than Lavine.  While that would have been great on offense, our point of attack defense would have been brutal.  Not feeling that way any more!  Nice work MBT!

I think the better move is to do OPJ without sending out THJ.  Lineup is Luka/JRich/THJ/OPJ/KP.  

You can get there using Wright/Jackson and a S&T of Lee.  Chicago is walking away from Dunn and Shaquille Harrison, so it creates an opening for Wright.  Williams was drafted to replace OPJ.  Why wait?  Replace him now.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:43 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: You can get there using Wright/Jackson and a S&T of Lee.  Chicago is walking away from Dunn and Shaquille Harrison, so it creates an opening for Wright.  Williams was drafted to replace OPJ.  Why wait?  Replace him now.

If THAT deal is possible, I don't hesitate. 

Improved team NOW, options for later GALORE.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:43 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Chicago is walking away from Dunn and Shaquille Harrison, so it creates an opening for Wright.

Yeah, the only PG Chicago has is White and he is not really a PG imho. However, I expect they trade for a PG this offseason. If not Wright for OPJ (I would be happy, especially if no THJ involved), Wright for Young seems a very realistic possibility.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:43 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:

I think the better move is to do OPJ without sending out THJ.  Lineup is Luka/JRich/THJ/OPJ/KP.  

You can get there using Wright/Jackson and a S&T of Lee.  Chicago is walking away from Dunn and Shaquille Harrison, so it creates an opening for Wright.  Williams was drafted to replace OPJ.  Why wait?  Replace him now.
Exactly my thoughts too.  I'm not sure dumping THJ is the correct move unless you're really upgrading a lot.

And I'm not sure Millsap is the guy everyone keeps thinking he is.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:44 PM)KillerLeft Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 02:43 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: You can get there using Wright/Jackson and a S&T of Lee. Chicago is walking away from Dunn and Shaquille Harrison, so it creates an opening for Wright. Williams was drafted to replace OPJ. Why wait? Replace him now.

If THAT deal is possible, I don't hesitate.

Improved team NOW, options for later GALORE.

If either of those deals is available, it's because Chicago is really dumb, and woe to us if we fail to take advantage of it.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 03:01 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: If either of those deals is available, it's because Chicago is really dumb, and woe to us if we fail to take advantage of it.

Of course draft compensation like 2027 would have to be added, I don't see Chicago do it without it. But if we think Porter is really that good, then do it by all means
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:43 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote:

Well of course you wouldn't want to include THJ, but a Lee S&T is ridiculous.  No one is going to want 3 years of Lee just to make a deal work.  

It is the drafting of Williams that screams to go get that guy!  His game was made to be on this roster.  Right here, right now.  Make it happen!

There are tons of ways to structure that deal to make it work - depending on Chi's goals in the deal.  But I don't see them taking a crap sandwich to make it happen.  Maybe you get to include Wright if you take back Felicio?  But THJ/JJ makes it work and CHI gets to take a flyer on JJ and save some money while giving time to their new SF.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 03:08 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: No one is going to want 3 years of Lee just to make a deal work.

Only first year needs to be guaranteed
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 03:16 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 03:08 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: No one is going to want 3 years of Lee just to make a deal work.

Is this by rule?  I am sorry that I haven't seen this anywhere.  Just that it has to be a 3/4 year deal.  Any examples of where a de facto one year s&t was done like this?
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 03:26 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 03:16 PM)omahen Wrote:

Is this by rule?  I am sorry that I haven't seen this anywhere.  Just that it has to be a 3/4 year deal.  Any examples of where a de facto one year s&t was done like this?

Yes, by rule.  Specifically addressed in the FAQ.

BTW, deal would be about $8mm and Cuban can pay $5 of it.  So, Lee only costs Chicago a little more than Vet Min.  Saves Chicago $10mm ($5 from Cuban and $5 from trade spread).
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 02:43 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: You can get there using Wright/Jackson and a S&T of Lee.  Chicago is walking away from Dunn and Shaquille Harrison, so it creates an opening for Wright.  Williams was drafted to replace OPJ.  Why wait?  Replace him now.

I think Chicago will want something more for their troubles than Wright/Jackson and Lee. Wouldn't they want a pick? They could just hold onto OPJ for a better deal.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 04:34 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:

I think Chicago will want something more for their troubles than Wright/Jackson and Lee. Wouldn't they want a pick? They could just hold onto OPJ for a better deal.
Stop being realistic and let the man live his dream!
Like Reply