Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#31 PICK: Tyrell Terry | 6' 3" | 6' 1.75" wingspan
https://twitter.com/cmendenhall41/status...0822762497
Like Reply
Didn´t know the guy, but what´s not to love about him? Work ethic seems there, mental capacity and a game, that couldn´t be more suited to today´s NBA. KOC had him TOP10 in his Mock draft. Even, if there are question marks regarding his skills as a playmaker, this is still crazy we got him at 31. 

Got Terry at #31. If that´s not a good omen, what could be?
Like Reply
I really like this guy, I think he is going to surprise a lot of people. His body type and the way he can swivel past defenders on drives reminds me of CJ McCollum, and if he can keep his 3 point % up as a NBA player, I can see him getting some consistent minutes even as a rookie on a playoff team.
Like Reply
This is a bad pick, Mavs need a player like Tillman not sure Bray fits that need but I hope he does. But I much rather have TIlman and Bey then this Terry and Bray
Like Reply
Love this pick. Terry is a knock down 3 point shooter on Day 1, and he eventually turns into a Fred VanVleet that you can facilitate your 2nd unit offense through. And VanVleet also fell to the 2nd round because he is 6'1" with a 6'2" wingspan and no one thought he could play defense.

The Ringer Draft Coverage ... Bill Simmons completely loses it when Dallas gets Terry at #31 at around 16:15 (NSFW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfdnYIIsQnE&t=2136s
Like Reply
Lots of film on Tyrell:

https://youtu.be/l63nuaSR1-s
Like Reply
Yikes on the measurables. I'm assuming this kid can really shoot then, that would make the Curry trade make more sense. Which of our undersized guards is on the way out I wonder?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBADraftWass/status/...03392?s=20
Like Reply
One thing about all these Mavs picks, whether the Mavs ultimately keep them or not, is they all have high motor traits. Not that the Mavs haven't been seduced in the past (DSJ), but by and large franchises like the Mavs and the Heat always get high motor players. I'm stunned at these bad franchises who always fall for these inconsistent motor guys high in the draft after the last batch of inconsistent motor guys that they drafted have flamed out. Like, at what point does it dawn on your that this is an innate skillset?
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:59 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: One thing about all these Mavs picks, whether the Mavs ultimately keep them or not, is they all have high motor traits.  Not that the Mavs haven't been seduced in the past (DSJ), but by and large franchises like the Mavs and the Heat always get high motor players.  I'm stunned at these bad franchises who always fall for these inconsistent motor guys high in the draft after the last batch of inconsistent motor guys that they drafted have flamed out.  Like, at what point does it dawn on your that this is an innate skillset?

You thought of DSJ as high motor? I think of him as high athleticism, low motor.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 10:14 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 09:59 AM)HanspardsShowerVoice Wrote: One thing about all these Mavs picks, whether the Mavs ultimately keep them or not, is they all have high motor traits.  Not that the Mavs haven't been seduced in the past (DSJ), but by and large franchises like the Mavs and the Heat always get high motor players.  I'm stunned at these bad franchises who always fall for these inconsistent motor guys high in the draft after the last batch of inconsistent motor guys that they drafted have flamed out.  Like, at what point does it dawn on your that this is an innate skillset?

You thought of DSJ as high motor? I think of him as high athleticism, low motor.

I was trying to say that DSJ seems to be an exception where the Mavs fell in love with the high athlete/poor motor guy (and it worked out fairly predictably), but I worded it poorly.
Like Reply
Pretty excited ab the Terry pick since the Ringer guys are so into it.
Like Reply
Not only does he seem like a great fit, but he also seems have a great attitude. 

https://twitter.com/Mike_Schmitz/status/...1972210688
Building a basketball team is a lot like chess, sometimes you just have to shuffle the pieces around.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 09:04 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Yikes on the measurables. I'm assuming this kid can really shoot then, that would make the Curry trade make more sense. Which of our undersized guards is on the way out I wonder?

?????? Seth Curry!!!!

And JJB!!!
Like Reply
I just looked at his game logges stuggled against Arizona, Oregon, and Kansas, did have good game against UCLA but other than that struggled against better teams, I have not seen him play i just dont watch a lit of Pac 12 , wathc a ton of ACC , Big Ten , Big 12 and some SEC. So I will not say he is going to be terrible I just like Tillman a lot and thought he fit a need.
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 11:34 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-19-2020, 09:04 AM)MrGoat Wrote: Yikes on the measurables. I'm assuming this kid can really shoot then, that would make the Curry trade make more sense. Which of our undersized guards is on the way out I wonder?

?????? Seth Curry!!!!

And JJB!!!

And Trey Burke
Like Reply
For his role, measurables don't really matter. He is a buckets, 6th man type.
Like Reply

I'm still wondering what the f is up with DSJ's conditioning.
Within the first 5 minutes of the 1st pre-season game in his second season he had his hands on this knees and was out of breath like it was an overtime game in the playoffs
Like Reply
(11-19-2020, 01:28 PM)Jym Wrote:

I'm still wondering what the f is up with DSJ's conditioning.
Within the first 5 minutes of the 1st pre-season game in his second season he had his hands on this knees and was out of breath like it was an overtime game in the playoffs

just a guess but DSJ seems like one of those that just doesn't love the game and doesn't want to put in the work despite having a ton of talent.
Like Reply
Yeah, one way you can improve your conditioning is by spending tons and tons of time in the gym everyday working on your game.
Like Reply