Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2020-2021 AROUND the NBA: Archived
Pistons trying real hard to lose this one.
Like Reply
(01-20-2021, 09:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Collin Sexton is single-handedly destroying the nets. It is really fun to watch.

Amen. The guy played out of his mind!

I sorta love that in the first game with Durant, Harden, and Irving all active, they scored a combined 96 and still lost. It's still a team game, after all.
Like Reply
Minutes played by Nets (2 OT):
- Durant: 50
- Harden: 50
- Irving: 48
- Harris: 41
- Green: 46
Like Reply
(01-20-2021, 09:44 PM)omahen Wrote: Trae got his 15 free throws but it is not enough with 3 minutes left.

19 FTAs now....and to think Luka only got 4 tonight. Just crazy.
Like Reply
(01-20-2021, 10:03 PM)Kammrath Wrote: 19 FTAs now....and to think Luka only got 4 tonight. Just crazy.

Trae is playing like Harden on steorids as far as drawing fouls goes. Luka took one hell of a beating today and no whistles.

Orlando will have a hard time scoring 90 points against one of the worst defenses of the league. They so desperately need a PG.
Like Reply
(01-20-2021, 09:51 PM)omahen Wrote: Pistons trying real hard to lose this one.

Mission accomplished.
Like Reply
Clint Capela with a near 30/30 game my god.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Detroit finally managed to lose the game. I have no idea why some washed vets are getting minutes instead of their young guys who actually all had a positive plus/minus. I guess they are showcasing the vets before entering a complete tank.
Like Reply
Minnesota another team trying real hard to lose the game. Lost 10 point lead in last two minutes... 
Like Reply
(01-20-2021, 10:25 PM)omahen Wrote: Minnesota another team trying real hard to lose the game. Lost 10 point lead in last two minutes... 

and then lost....wow. 

I didn't think they could lose up 10 with 2 mins left against ORL who is basically resigned to losing every night.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Give Steph the MVP if he actually drags that craptastic team into the playoffs
Like Reply
(01-21-2021, 02:31 AM)Jym Wrote: Give Steph the MVP if he actually drags that craptastic team into the playoffs

Perhaps team just isn't that bad. They had two bad games to start the season but played decent since. Especially since Green returned.
Like Reply
(01-21-2021, 03:29 AM)omahen Wrote: Perhaps team just isn't that bad. They had two bad games to start the season but played decent since. Especially since Green returned.

In my book if you get Wiggins to the Playoffs while your second best player is out for the season, you get MVP.
Like Reply
(01-20-2021, 09:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Collin Sexton is single-handedly destroying the nets. It is really fun to watch.

Maybe Cavs won that Kyrie trade after all   Big Grin
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/MarcJSpears/status/1...7517876225
Like Reply
(01-21-2021, 03:40 AM)cow Wrote: In my book if you get Wiggins to the Playoffs while your second best player is out for the season, you get MVP.

I co-sign the Hell out of this.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1352291623263203332?s=20

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1352293258634928128?s=20

Frustrating that the Mavs had to endure a stretch with their roster decimated while teams such as Memphis and Boston get to basically press pause. Who knows how it's all going to play out in the end.
Like Reply
Interesting thought from Hollinger:

Also, in a low-key bizarre twist, teams are actually being punished for having two-way players because they count toward the minimum eight players required to play a game. They’re better off not having them and rescheduling the game for later, instead of playing their 16th- and 17th-best players 20-plus minutes. The Sixers surely wish that had happened against Denver last Saturday, as do the Heat against those same Sixers two days later.

https://theathletic.com/2337139/2021/01/...e-problem/
Like Reply
(01-21-2021, 01:24 PM)omahen Wrote: Interesting thought from Hollinger:

Also, in a low-key bizarre twist, teams are actually being punished for having two-way players because they count toward the minimum eight players required to play a game. They’re better off not having them and rescheduling the game for later, instead of playing their 16th- and 17th-best players 20-plus minutes. The Sixers surely wish that had happened against Denver last Saturday, as do the Heat against those same Sixers two days later.

https://theathletic.com/2337139/2021/01/...e-problem/

Yeah, I feel like the Mavs have been getting the short end of the stick because of their creativity with carrying so many rookies this season. Other teams are getting to reschedule games while the Mavs stack short-handed losses. 

But, at this point I guess there's nothing to be done about it. Nothing to do now but hope getting the 10th-15th men some time now pays off later, somehow.
Like Reply
(01-21-2021, 01:55 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nothing to do now but hope getting the 10th-15th men some time now pays off later, somehow.

Mavs didn't even extend the rotation so much as a lot was compensated by higher minutes from remaining regular rotation guys. Green and Iwundu were basically the only non rotation players that got a chance. Perhaps WCS can be counted here. 

I would give Green 15 minutes most of the games to develop in any case. I don't think that would have such a negative impact on team performance.
Like Reply