Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site Requests / Issues
(11-13-2019, 12:44 AM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 05:34 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Many thanks to Magickian for setting up this great site!

Just to let whomever it may concern know, I did have great difficulty registering. I had to enter data numerous times at different intervals, as the program insisted that my seven or eight letter password (tried two) was not the correct length, I had not entered the correct letters from the bot-avoider, or that 4 was not the correct answer to 2+2. After many tries, it ultimately, for no apparent reason, accepted the data, but never sent the validation email, despite multiple requests. 

Apparently, I am all set now, but it is possible that others may be having similar issues. 

I hate to open this with any negative comments, even constructive ones, as I think it is fantastic that this site has been built to continue the community discussion. Kudos to Magickian and whoever else was involved in the effort!

We are all glad to see you mavsluvr! we all love and miss your recaps! 

Thank you for the heads up. For now, I turned off email activation, and if we get too many bots I will switch it to admin approval instead of email activation as I approved yours and do that often for people I see stuck. 

I also removed the security question too if it is causing problems. Hopefully, that resolves it for now
Wow, very prompt action, Magickian. 

I am dazzled and amazed by what you have created here!
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 12:36 AM)balldontliez Wrote: we thought about it and this is what we got. not sure how creative we can get with a forum name, 
MFFL is out of the question though, it looks like mother f'er 
rowdy proud and loud is too dated 
its a big process to change domain and logos but open to suggestions

I love MavsForum as the name. I think it's great.

(11-12-2019, 05:34 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Many thanks to Magickian for setting up this great site!

Welcome pal! Missed you! Glad the Mavs are in the business of trying to win again so that you can bless us with your presence :-)
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 08:53 AM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 12:36 AM)balldontliez Wrote: we thought about it and this is what we got. not sure how creative we can get with a forum name, 
MFFL is out of the question though, it looks like mother f'er 
rowdy proud and loud is too dated 
its a big process to change domain and logos but open to suggestions

I love MavsForum as the name. I think it's great.

Welcome pal! Missed you! Glad the Mavs are in the business of trying to win again so that you can bless us with your presence :-)
Thanks, fif! Always love ur posts!
Like Reply
Seems the thread linking to here was deleted off 24/7 in the past 12 hours...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 11:45 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Seems the thread linking to here was deleted off 24/7 in the past 12 hours...
Lol, really? Hmm, wonder why.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 12:33 PM)iolide Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 11:45 AM)ClutchDirk Wrote: Seems the thread linking to here was deleted off 24/7 in the past 12 hours...
Complete forum has been deleted as far as I can tell
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 12:35 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:

The link is still here:

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/board/103445/Contents/new-home-for-dallasbasketballcom-at-sports-illustrated-134940126/?page=3
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 12:49 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

The link is still here:

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/board/103445/Contents/new-home-for-dallasbasketballcom-at-sports-illustrated-134940126/?page=3
No I'm talking about the one vfromlmf posted that was the newest thread there...it had no comments and only had a link to this site...had been there for over2 weeks or so...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 12:59 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 12:49 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

The link is still here:

No I'm talking about the one vfromlmf posted that was the newest thread there...it had no comments and only had a link to this site...had been there for over2 weeks or so...

O I C

Well, it's getting to where folks will find it via google while they're trying to find a place to talk Mavs
Like Reply
I think the hosting package is getting overwhelmed, sometimes don't get a response.

Is traffic increasing that extreme magick?
Like Reply
Hi, Clutch, Kamm, Magick. Ive sent all y’all PMs. Please can you check it.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 02:07 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I think the hosting package is getting overwhelmed, sometimes don't get a response.

I already had to pay to upgrade the hosting once before... I then spent the rest of the money I got donated on buying a new theme and plugin and then spent an entire weekend customizing that theme and fixing issues with it. 

but yeah... maybe... I might need to pay to upgrade the account again... I hope it can handle it for now as I literally dont have the funds to upgrade at the moment... but I will as soon as I can afford it... 

This is a good problem to have it means we are getting a lot of traffic... but some Patreon support or paypal would help for these things. 

A HUGE thank you to those who have pitched in already. I don't even know who one of them was and have been wanting to personally thank said person... so if you are reading this I hope you know I used that money to pay a few months in advanced at an upgraded hosting package... 

there are multiple levels of hosting that costs more money per month... so every little bit helps... 

Eventually I will have paid for a MUCH higher package of hosting and this wont be an issue for a long time... but during the early crawl upwards I appreciate the patience everyone

(11-13-2019, 02:13 PM)SleepingHeroHelp Wrote: Magick. Ive sent all y’all PMs. Please can you check it.
I dont have one yet?
Like Reply
That’s weird. I just sent it again. Could you please check it again?
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 02:20 PM)SleepingHeroHelp Wrote: That’s weird. I just sent it again. Could you please check it again?

I got it. I responded too
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 02:16 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-13-2019, 02:07 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I think the hosting package is getting overwhelmed, sometimes don't get a response.

I already had to pay to upgrade the hosting once before... I then spent the rest of the money I got donated on buying a new theme and plugin and then spent an entire weekend customizing that theme and fixing issues with it. 

but yeah... maybe... I might need to pay to upgrade the account again... I hope it can handle it for now as I literally dont have the funds to upgrade at the moment... but I will as soon as I can afford it... 

This is a good problem to have it means we are getting a lot of traffic... but some Patreon support or paypal would help for these things. 

A HUGE thank you to those who have pitched in already. I don't even know who one of them was and have been wanting to personally thank said person... so if you are reading this I hope you know I used that money to pay a few months in advanced at an upgraded hosting package... 

there are multiple levels of hosting that costs more money per month... so every little bit helps... 

Eventually I will have paid for a MUCH higher package of hosting and this wont be an issue for a long time... but during the early crawl upwards I appreciate the patience everyone

(11-13-2019, 02:13 PM)SleepingHeroHelp Wrote: Magick. Ive sent all y’all PMs. Please can you check it.
I dont have one yet?

I'm patient, just asking from a point of curiosity. I'm between University and job right now, otherwise I would help you out. I try to help by being active here instead of just lurking.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 02:28 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: I'm between University and job right now
activity is the best kind of support! 

I get it... I am at university myself hence the financial cap on my own things... but I will put some nonintrusive ads up soon... I know some folks like to click those to give support to a site without costing them any actual funds. Plus eventually with enough money on the hosting at a high enough package deal then we wont need to keep upgrading... so this is just an early stage problem, that we will eventually overcome and then wont be an issue but annually when I need to pay for the site one year at a time(which is how I bought this site in the first place and typically run hosting) So yeah... soon we will graduate above this problem
Like Reply
Magick, regarding funding: One idea would be to place a note/link somewhere on the forum that says something like: "This forum is crowd funded, any help is greatly appreciated. Click here to contribute", or "We're funding this thing together. Want to help? Click here." Something like that.
Like Reply
(11-13-2019, 02:58 PM)fifteenth Wrote: Magick, regarding funding: One idea would be to place a note/link somewhere on the forum that says something like: "This forum is crowd funded, any help is greatly appreciated. Click here to contribute", or "We're funding this thing together. Want to help? Click here." Something like that.

Yeah like Wikipedia does it. Placed between the content and the top menu.

We could also have a sticky thread for it.

You could create a supporter / contributor user group with green names.
Like Reply
My favorite site on the interwebs uses the phrase "crowd funded", so I have an affinity for that phrase.

(11-13-2019, 03:01 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: We could also have a sticky thread for it.

I like a link better, but if you did a sticky with a link in it you'd want to set it to "no reply" so you don't get some goofball complaining about it. Also, a sticky might imply more verbiage is needed, but I think something short and sweet is the way to go. Just my opinions of course. Whatever Magick does to make this a viable project for himself, I'm all for. Ideally he could even fund his own efforts so he's not having to donate all his time for the sake of our hobby. :-)
Like Reply
By now it's part of his business ventures. Should drive traffic to his media company in the future.

I understood he wants to crate something like the ringer.
Like Reply