Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site Requests / Issues
(11-06-2019, 01:56 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:40 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Another hint: Bobcat Goldthwait says it.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO that summer movie

and I didnt look actually I just got busy a min and then refreshed and saw your response! hahaha I forget the name of the film but I used to love it so much. he works for a radio or something on a beach and crushes on some girl

its called summer something

It's crazy and there's only one!
Like Reply
So looks like we just need a bunch of one word buttons so that none of us actually have to post anything  Shy

It'd be fun to see what y'alls one word buttons are

I'd need

Thanks
Well Done
Give me a break
+41
+77
Be Patient
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:59 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

and I didnt look actually I just got busy a min and then refreshed and saw your response! hahaha I forget the name of the film but I used to love it so much. he works for a radio or something on a beach and crushes on some girl

One Crazy Summer!
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 02:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: So looks like we just need a bunch of one word buttons so that none of us actually have to post anything  Shy

I'd need

Thanks
Well Done
Give me a break
+41
+77
Be Patient

Tommy likey, Tommy want wingie!

(11-06-2019, 02:01 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:59 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

One Crazy Summer!

I've gotten in soooo much trouble over that quote with my wife over the years.
Like Reply
I used to LOVE that film it is absurd and funny... I think I remember now he doesnt work at a radio station but there is a scene where a guy gives some fake prize away on the radio by accident? or something like that... someone thinks they won? or something... i cant remember exactly but I remember there were funny hijinks etc.. I cant remember who the girl is...

was it Jennifer Connolley? or Demi? or ... (he had so many female star counterparts I forget which)
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 02:03 PM)Magickian Wrote: I used to LOVE that film it is absurd and funny... I think I remember now he doesnt work at a radio station but there is a scene where a guy gives some fake prize away on the radio by accident? or something like that... someone thinks they won? or something... i cant remember exactly but I remember there were funny hijinks etc.. I cant remember who the girl is...

was it Jennifer Connolley? or Demi? or ... (he had so many female star counterparts I forget which)

Yes, the radio show thing was a quirky radio show giveaway. Man, I'm gonna have to watch that again now. Demi Moore was the staying love interest, in the beginning it was a blonde girl. I also remember the two girls that their mother said if they get hit in the back of the head with those faces it'll stick. It happened and they made cameos throughout the movie with the stuck faces.
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 02:00 PM)fifteenth Wrote: So looks like we just need a bunch of one word buttons so that none of us actually have to post anything  Shy

I'd need

Thanks
Well Done
Give me a break
+41
+77
Be Patient
Epic Fail
Baby GOAT
Unicorn
Diamond
Fire Carlisle
Plan Powder
Big Fish
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 02:14 PM)ClutchDirk Wrote:

I'd need

Thanks
Well Done
Give me a break
+41
+77
Be Patient
Epic Fail
Baby GOAT
Unicorn
Diamond
Fire Carlisle
Plan Powder
Big Fish

This reminds me of bad games limiting chat options to prevent spam and rage. What a bad form of communication  Smile. I know you are joking.
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:28 PM)Magickian Wrote: and yeah fif I prefer Thanks, as I think it is unique and gives a more positive feeling to the board... but if the board votes and prefers we do Likes instead, I am not opposed to it.

Maybe does someone want to hold a vote/poll?

To me it's like a +1 or a Facebook Like. 

Poll? Challenge accepted!  Big Grin
Like Reply
Just wanted to swing by to say this new board design is awesome
"And Peja with the dagger."-balldontliez on 11/15/10 when Peja hit a 3 to put the hornets up 84-75 with 9 MIN LEFT!  Guess who won the game?  That's right, the mavericks." -msu15
Like Reply
I just can't login on mobile. Not sure what the issue is. Also on mobile, each poster's name is dark, small and difficult to read, while something called Author's statistic is prominently displayed.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 11:54 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: I just can't login on mobile. Not sure what the issue is.  Also on mobile, each poster's name is dark, small and difficult to read, while something called Author's statistic is prominently displayed.

Scroll all the way down and depending on what device you’re using, there should be a small box somewhere that lets you switch from the dark theme to the light theme. Might have to switch back and forth a couple times to make it work. 

I like the color scheme of the dark mode but there’s still some bugs magick is working on for it I think, the light mode should work for ya.
Like Reply
(11-09-2019, 11:54 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: I just can't login on mobile. Not sure what the issue is.  Also on mobile, each poster's name is dark, small and difficult to read, while something called Author's statistic is prominently displayed.

I am going to work on these, but it is possible that via your mobile you still can login... just actually press enter after you fill in the information. Enter on your keyboard... 

I will try to add a button that does it so you can do either/or. 

I also will work on the name being bigger and make the stats smaller.
Like Reply
Couple of Dark theme issues. 

In the first attachment, some poster's posts are in a very dark font that you can't read without highlighting their post. I suspect that they are posting using the Light theme, and don't realize the color they are using makes their post impossible to read. 

In the second attachment, the link back to the main page is partially obscured by something else. You can see it, but if you're not careful you'll scroll by without finding it, and it's also ugly. 

I think the screenshots are sufficient along with my explanation, but if you have questions, let me know. 

Thanks again for all you do, Magickian!

Well, I don't know how to get my attachments to show up in my post.

[Image: Screenshot-20191110-174031-Samsung-Internet.jpg]

Here's the url to the above post so you can view it in the Dark theme and see what I'm talking about: https://www.qabickcents.com/dallasbasket...46#pid5946

[Image: Screenshot-20191110-174816-Samsung-Internet.jpg]
Like Reply
Many thanks to Magickian for setting up this great site!

Just to let whomever it may concern know, I did have great difficulty registering. I had to enter data numerous times at different intervals, as the program insisted that my seven or eight letter password (tried two) was not the correct length, I had not entered the correct letters from the bot-avoider, or that 4 was not the correct answer to 2+2. After many tries, it ultimately, for no apparent reason, accepted the data, but never sent the validation email, despite multiple requests. 

Apparently, I am all set now, but it is possible that others may be having similar issues. 

I hate to open this with any negative comments, even constructive ones, as I think it is fantastic that this site has been built to continue the community discussion. Kudos to Magickian and whoever else was involved in the effort!
Like Reply
The report button doesn't work for me.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 05:37 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: The report button doesn't work for me.

I'm sorry for my response that made you want to report me.  Smile
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 06:34 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 05:37 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote: The report button doesn't work for me.

What do you mean? Never wanted to report you.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 06:46 PM)SportPsychMav Wrote:
(11-12-2019, 06:34 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

What do you mean? Never wanted to report you.

The smiley face means I'm joking. Just thought it was funny to think you're trying to report someone and then air it out in this way.

Now that there seems to be a firm disconnect with Fish and the community, is there anyone who thinks there could be a better name for the forum and is that even up as a possibility? MavsForum is very on point for attracting people so I get that. Just think that something akin to "Clutchfans" might be "cooler". Something like THE Rowdy, Proud and Loud, or a play on MFFL, The Reunion Rowdies?

I'm fine with MavsForum as well BTW.
Like Reply
(11-12-2019, 05:34 PM)mavsluvr Wrote: Many thanks to Magickian for setting up this great site!

Just to let whomever it may concern know, I did have great difficulty registering. I had to enter data numerous times at different intervals, as the program insisted that my seven or eight letter password (tried two) was not the correct length, I had not entered the correct letters from the bot-avoider, or that 4 was not the correct answer to 2+2. After many tries, it ultimately, for no apparent reason, accepted the data, but never sent the validation email, despite multiple requests. 

Apparently, I am all set now, but it is possible that others may be having similar issues. 

I hate to open this with any negative comments, even constructive ones, as I think it is fantastic that this site has been built to continue the community discussion. Kudos to Magickian and whoever else was involved in the effort!

We are all glad to see you mavsluvr! we all love and miss your recaps! 

Thank you for the heads up. For now, I turned off email activation, and if we get too many bots I will switch it to admin approval instead of email activation as I approved yours and do that often for people I see stuck. 

I also removed the security question too if it is causing problems. Hopefully, that resolves it for now
Like Reply