Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Site Requests / Issues
(11-04-2019, 11:11 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm on Android and can longer vote with the new changes as mentioned above. The changes have made the site harder to use, but I'll definitely be ok. Just wanted to mention in case there's a fix. I do like to participate in the polls.

at the bottom of the page you can select your theme, and go back to the original Light Theme. I will fix the buttons on the voting soon.

(11-04-2019, 08:39 PM)embellisher Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 07:05 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: so the +/- buttons are gone on purpose?  Gone for good?  Liked the like feature...

Yeah, me too.

The feature was bugging out and causing issues, so I removed the +/- but there is still a Thumbs Up at the bottom of each post and you can still Like posts this way. This feature works better and this was just a choice that had to be made because that plugin was too faulty.
Like Reply
Board looks awesome, great work you guys. I hope I can make it work and be active again. This is a way better place than db.com was in the last 18 months or so.

Question: How can I change my profile pic/avatar?
Like Reply
(11-05-2019, 05:21 AM)meistermatze Wrote: Board looks awesome, great work you guys. I hope I can make it work and be active again. This is a way better place than db.com was in the last 18 months or so.

Question: How can I change my profile pic/avatar?

Hi and great to see you posting!

Don't know if your question was already answered but if you want to change your avatar, just click User CP which is near the top left of the screen. There you'll find a bunch of options on the left side. Under "Your Profile", you'll see the option to change your avatar. Hope this helps!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-05-2019, 12:53 AM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 11:11 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I'm on Android and can longer vote with the new changes as mentioned above. The changes have made the site harder to use, but I'll definitely be ok. Just wanted to mention in case there's a fix. I do like to participate in the polls.

at the bottom of the page you can select your theme, and go back to the original Light Theme. I will fix the buttons on the voting soon.

(11-04-2019, 08:39 PM)embellisher Wrote:
(11-04-2019, 07:05 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: so the +/- buttons are gone on purpose?  Gone for good?  Liked the like feature...

Yeah, me too.

The feature was bugging out and causing issues, so I removed the +/- but there is still a Thumbs Up at the bottom of each post and you can still Like posts this way. This feature works better and this was just a choice that had to be made because that plugin was too faulty.

I understand.  The thumbs up doesn't react the same way (doesn't show up on the post).  It's all good.  It was a cool feature while it lasted!  Thanks, bro!

On further review, maybe it does show up on the post.  It just disappears until refreshed.  Got it.
Like Reply
So, it appears that "thanks given" is not the same thing as "reputation", correct?  I just saw that the reputation number appears when I look at my profile, but when I look at one of my posts, the reputation does not appear. 

I guess my question is, what is the difference between reputation and thanks given, and what is the significance?
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 11:42 AM)mtrot Wrote: So, it appears that "thanks given" is not the same thing as "reputation", correct?  I just saw that the reputation number appears when I look at my profile, but when I look at one of my posts, the reputation does not appear. 

I guess my question is, what is the difference between reputation and thanks given, and what is the significance?

The Reputation was connected to both the thank you and the +/- but the +/- was buggy and messing up the reputation and other things

So I removed the reputation from the mini stats on each post but forgot to remove it from the profiles

Thank you for pointing that out and I’ll remove it this weekend.

Basically it was a wonky system that counted points for each + which sounds nice but didn’t work properly

There are counters for Thanks Given and Received though.

I know the other system seemed more fun but not if it isn’t working right

Btw I can change the “Thank System” to say “Like” instead

I kind of liked the thanks though as it’s different than facebook and it’s likes plus it feels benevolent and good for morale but idk

If people prefer it say Like I’m not exactly adverse to it haha
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 12:46 PM)Magickian Wrote: Btw I can change the “Thank System” to say “Like” instead

Kinda seems like "Agreed" is what it's mostly used for. The ability to say the same thing without typing it out.
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Kinda seems like "Agreed" is what it's mostly used for. The ability to say the same thing without typing it out.

I kinda like "Thanks". Sometimes I use it as "I agree", but a lot of times I use it for "thanks": Thanks for the contribution; Thanks for the link or video; Thanks for that perspective...stuff like that.
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:22 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Kinda seems like "Agreed" is what it's mostly used for. The ability to say the same thing without typing it out.

I kinda like "Thanks". Sometimes I use it as "I agree", but a lot of times I use it for "thanks": Thanks for the contribution; Thanks for the link or video; Thanks for that perspective...stuff like that.

Which makes it full circle in what Magickian is saying that he'd like to change it to "Like". Kinda in between the two, IMO.
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:22 PM)fifteenth Wrote: I kinda like "Thanks". Sometimes I use it as "I agree", but a lot of times I use it for "thanks": Thanks for the contribution; Thanks for the link or video; Thanks for that perspective...stuff like that.
I use it pretty much like what Fif said he does...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:15 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 12:46 PM)Magickian Wrote: Btw I can change the “Thank System” to say “Like” instead

Kinda seems like "Agreed" is what it's mostly used for. The ability to say the same thing without typing it out.

Agreed. Big Grin  Yes, I like to be able to agree with a comment.  It's not so much that I am thanking someone for posting it.  If I post something, I'm not looking for any thanks for posting it, but I would be interested to know if someone agreed with my point.
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:22 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

I don't think I can change it to say "Agreed" it is an option in the Plug-in to just say one of the two... (it MIGHT be possible for me to search through the code of the Plugin and change it manually... but idk...)

and yeah fif I prefer Thanks, as I think it is unique and gives a more positive feeling to the board... but if the board votes and prefers we do Likes instead, I am not opposed to it.

Maybe does someone want to hold a vote/poll?
Like Reply
maybe we should all actually reply with words  Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote: maybe we should all actually reply with words  Big Grin

"No. No. I tell you what I say, it sounds like work."

Thank you to anyone who gets the movie that quote is from without searching the internet for it (honor system)!!!
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:28 PM)fifteenth Wrote: maybe we should all actually reply with words  Big Grin

"No.  It sounds like work."

Thank you to anyone who gets the movie that quote is from without searching the internet for it (honor system)!!!

I recognize this and can hear it in my head... but I can't remember and I am about to likely google it, so I will be disqualified hahaha but I am curious now
Like Reply

I already have to use words at work, at home and with my wife. Please don´t force me to do the same on the internet Tongue
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:34 PM)Magickian Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:33 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:

"No.  It sounds like work."

I recognize this and can hear it in my head... but I can't remember and I am about to likely google it, so I will be disqualified hahaha but I am curious now

Hint: John Cusack movie (of which I am obsessed no matter how bad I think it'll be).
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:37 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Hint: John Cusack movie (of which I am obsessed no matter how bad I think it'll be).

Say Anything?
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:39 PM)fifteenth Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:37 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Hint: John Cusack movie (of which I am obsessed no matter how bad I think it'll be).

Say Anything?

Great movie, not this one though.

(11-06-2019, 01:40 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(11-06-2019, 01:39 PM)fifteenth Wrote:

Say Anything?

Great movie, not this one though.

Another hint: Bobcat Goldthwait says it.
Like Reply
(11-06-2019, 01:40 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Another hint: Bobcat Goldthwait says it.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOO that summer movie

and I didnt look actually I just got busy a min and then refreshed and saw your response! hahaha I forget the name of the film but I used to love it so much. he works for a radio or something on a beach and crushes on some girl

its called summer something
Like Reply