Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeBron is the GOAT at...
...losing a final to Dirk Nowitzki.

...not making the playoffs with a team that Dirk had most of his career.

...proclaiming himself the GOAT.

...ESPN specials to tell whoever stupidly tuned in where he was going in FA.

...getting told before a finals game by a small Puerto Rican that he’s gonna get dominated, AND THEN ALLOWING IT TO HAPPEN!

...making the finals...but losing 60% of those times!
Like Reply
Greatest at going to a team with assets, telling Management they must make trades for his preferred players, and run to another team once they are out of assets...

Also on a team with 2 other all stars and complaining to the media that you need another playmaker...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
...owning real estate in your head? Tongue

I don´t think there is an undisputed GOAT. Different eras, different rules. LeBron without a doubt has a case.
Personally I could probably make a legit case for at least 4 players. Bill Russell, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Michael Jordan and LeBron James. And non of them was as as dominant in his era as George Mikan. Just really difficult to compare a player from the 50s to a current player.
Like Reply
(10-12-2020, 06:46 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: ...owning real estate in your head? Tongue
...helping to pass time so we don’t feel the need to discuss more trades?  Angel
Like Reply
(10-12-2020, 07:09 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 06:46 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: ...owning real estate in your head? Tongue
...heling to pass time so we don’t feel the need to discuss more trades?  Angel

Makes sense. Feels like most of us are in offseason mode but every single possible trade or draft option has been discussed, dismissed and re-proposed. I could randomly look for a post that is two month old and it would probably mention the same players that are still being discussed today.
Like Reply
(10-12-2020, 07:30 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Feels like most of us are in offseason mode but every single possible trade or draft option has been discussed, dismissed and re-proposed.
Ya, until there is a rumor that such and such player is unhappy with his situation on his team or so and so team is unhappy with their player, there is very little to discuss on that front. Even the draft prospects are getting to a stale point.
Like Reply
I hate Lebron. Hate him. 

Having said that, I've been thinking about this GOAT conversation a lot this past month, reading things, etc. @"ItsGoTime" and someone else, @"dirkfansince1998" maybe, sparked this interest with the talk about Bill Russell earlier. 

I think it's pretty clear that the best player of each NBA era is the following list:

Bill Russell
Kareem Abdul Jabar
Michael Jordan
Lebron James

So, imo, there's your top tier of all time players. Of the players I've seen with my own eyes enough to judge, I'm partial to Jordan, but I also have a significant anti-LeBron bias due to my intense hatred of his personality. 

In reality, it's getting more difficult to argue against him for the best of all time every year. Sad but true.
Like Reply
Did anyone catch the ESPN article where they mentioned that Bron was not sure of which other superstar he could lure to LA, but penciled in Rondo as a teammate he wanted and knew he could get. Javale was also a good player for them through the course of this season

This is not to blast RC as Rondo also probably needed to go through a couple of stops after Boston before realizing that he was not the alpha star. At the same time as fans we are quick to dismiss players because their personality might not be to our liking or in case of Javale, they might have flaws in their game, that blinds us to other things such as constant effort and being a great teammate.

I say this because we tend to draft safe or get safe FA because of the fear that they might not work out with RC. All sides have to be a bit more flexible.
Like Reply
(10-12-2020, 09:22 AM)hakeemfan Wrote: Did anyone catch the ESPN article where they mentioned that Bron was not sure of which other superstar he could lure to LA, but penciled in Rondo as a teammate he wanted and knew he could get.  Javale was also a good player for them through the course of this season

This is not to blast RC as Rondo also probably needed to go through a couple of stops after Boston before realizing that he was not the alpha star. At the same time as fans we are quick to dismiss players because their personality might not be to our liking or in case of Javale, they might have flaws in their game, that blinds us to other things such as constant effort and being a great teammate.

I say this because we tend to draft safe or get safe FA because of the fear that they might not work out with RC. All sides have to be a bit more flexible.

I honestly don’t think they are changing the type of free agents they target or the type of players they draft because of anything with Carlisle‘s personality. I think that is 100% fan driven narrative. Maybe they don’t value the same things in players that you do, and maybe you’re right about that and they’re wrong, but I do not believe they are thinking about who is going to get along with Carlisle when they are making the decisions.

In both of those cases, the Mavericks gave the players a chance, didn’t like how they went about their business and moved on. JaVale McGee really hasn’t done much for the Lakers since going there, he was just one of the only players they could get with their roster/cap situation. This was specifically because of his low value with everyone around the league. Rondo has been very bad for them the last two years during the regular season, and then out of nowhere he was an absolute stud at times during these playoffs. I will give credit to the Lakers there for believing in him. It doesn’t change the fact that he was an absolute unprofessional dickhead while here in Dallas. That is not a “share of the blame” situation between he and the coach. He was just wrong.
Like Reply
[Image: tenor.gif]
Like Reply
To me LeBron is the guy that nobody outside of his current team likes. I´m not even sure Cavs or Heat fans like him very much. He is probably the 5th or 6th most popular Heat member from their championship teams behind Wade, Bosh, Haslem, Spoelstra and Riley.
Like Reply
I respect LeBron.  He's a tremendous talent and he seems to be a good guy off court - committed to his charity work with relatively low fanfare, seemingly good dad, doesn't have the horrible habits that MJ had, seems to genuinely be happy about other players' accomplishments.

But I can't be a fan - I can't take his massive ego, I can't get past the self-proclaimed royalty, the Decision, etc.  I also cannot take his flopping - I don't get why he needs to do that at all.
Like Reply
Give Dirk teammates with similar skill levels as the teams LeChina has been on.

Plug prime MJ into the exact teams LeBron was on.

LeBron is no GOAT
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
https://amp-reddit-com.cdn.ampproject.or...mp_js_v=a6&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16025577127709&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fnba%2Fcomments%2Fj97krq%2Fmost_clutch_points_in_a_single_playoff_run_1_dirk%2F
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
Lebron is the GOAT at being a consistently very good player over a really long period of time.  He is the all time greatest player if you measure it by time spent being great rather than the peak of greatness.
Like Reply
Oh yeah, well only one player on the Lakers has managed to lead a team to the playoffs in the Western Conference without an All Star teammate. And that player is Anthony Davis.

Oh wait, this thread was about LeBron...
Like Reply