Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The future of center play in the NBA
(09-18-2020, 12:52 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"ItsGoTime" so you're telling me that Bill Russell could FACE THE BASKET, from 20 feet away, allowing him full view of the entire court, and that the defense would view him as a threat to shoot it or drive it from there, and that they couldn't sag off into the paint?

I can take your word for everything else, but I feel like if that were the case, he'd be remembered much differently as an offensive player.

Maybe not shoot but absolutely drive. Bill Russell would have a legit case for most athletic center of all time if it wasn´t for his rival Wilt. He was build like Giannis and ranked among the 10 best high jumpers in the entire world. Also was a world class sprinter. I don´t think any current player could match his PB. And that´s not even his biggest strength. He was a basketball savant. Be it as a defender or passer.
He also played in a different era with different rules, worse spacing, more physical contact and less analytics. Give him todays spacing and rules and he could probably do a lot more damage on offense.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: The future of center play in the NBA - by dirkfansince1998 - 09-18-2020, 01:10 PM