Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of Season Forum MVP Nominees
Anyone up for an end of season forum award? 

My 5 candidates for forum MVP...

Magick -> He resuscitated a dead (or dying) community
Kam -> He makes this a one stop shop for Mavs news 
Clutch -> He makes this a one stop shop for Mavs news during the newsiest parts of the year (does he sleep?)
Dan -> Dan legitimizes our free agency and trade talk. Minus a Dan, typical message board sports talk is pretty amature. 
mavsluvr -> I mean...we're a fan board, yet we have recap articles just for us that are the best on the internet. How does that even happen? 

If you guys are interested in this, and someone else has a candidate, go ahead and nominate, and I'll get a poll up and running. If we get lots of nominees then we'll need a second to make the cut.
Like Reply
All winners really so it's hard to choose but I would vote Magick probably bc he got it going.
Like Reply
(08-31-2020, 03:28 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: All winners really so it's hard to choose but I would vote Magick probably bc he got it going.
I agree 100%...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
All 5 are worthy and want to thank you guys for what you bring to the forum.

If pressed to pick, Magick would have to be the MVP for keeping the group together and giving us a place to chat about the Mavs. 

A Dirkie to all of you. Smile
Like Reply
Mike Fisher for forcing us to move to a better place
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(08-31-2020, 04:10 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Mike Fisher for forcing us to move to a better place
I nominate this for best post...
Josh Green is a top 5 Mavs player...
Like Reply
All First Team
Like Reply
I nominate all the posters for providing our teams depth. Let’s keep the team together with unlimited additional draft picks. ?

I really like the 5 for First Team as well  
Thank you to all.
This Reunion Rowdie says the AAC needs "Luka's Lunatics" for the Luka/KP and gang era.
Like Reply
I'm awarding 12 points to Magick, 10 points to mavsluvr and 8 points to ClutchDirk, per the Eurovision Song Contest scoring system.
Like Reply
Fully agree that those 5 are the full on main attractions for this board. I hardly ever feel the need to go elsewhere because of their contributions!
Like Reply
Looks like we don't really need a poll. This is the most agreement I've ever seen here.

So...

Ladies, and Gentlemen, announcing the starting five, the First Team All MavsForum for the 2019/2020 season

Magickian
Kammrath
ClutchDirk
DanSchwartzman
mavsluvr

With the 6th man award going to Mike Fisher
Like Reply
Good choices, but I'd drop old buddy Mike Fisher who wouldn't be available for us anyway and give our fifteenth a big promotion to at least 6th man, or even for a starting position. Being the good soul of the board, always polite, always thoughtful, always willing to unite instead of divide, always the first one to blame himself instead of others for something that went the wrong way.

cheers Mr. fifteenth!
Like Reply
(09-01-2020, 01:49 PM)Jannemann2 Wrote: Good choices, but I'd give our fifteenth a big promotion to at least 6th man, or even for a starting position. Being the good soul of the board, always polite, always thoughtful, always willing to unite instead of divide, always the first one to blame himself instead of others for something that went the wrong way.

cheers Mr. fifteenth!

Wait, we have awards?  Who knew.  I’m happy to go to the bench for fifteenth.  I’m kind of a volume shooter anyway and playing with the bench guys allows me to “get mine”.  Thanks for the nomination BTW.

This is probably a good time to recognize what a good thing we have going here.  Thanks to Magickian for getting it started and Fifteenth and the other mods for keeping it civil.  Thanks to the incredible and constant dedication of Clutch and Kam for all the content and Luvr for the big city paper level write ups after each game.  But, this doesn’t work nearly as well if this is just a dozen guys who think they know something about basketball.  It is the entirety of the community that makes this work.

I think the global diversity we have here is kind of cool.  How do you newer guys find this place?  Where else do you get the perspectives of people from the home countries of our star players or people who are intimately familiar with potential draft picks playing Euro ball (like a US poster might be about a player from their Alma Mater).  Anyway, glad to be a small part of this.  Hope we all have lots to celebrate in the coming years.
Like Reply
(09-01-2020, 04:51 PM)DanSchwartzman Wrote: Hope we all have lots to celebrate in the coming years.
Like Reply
Thanks for the mentions, guys and gals. I'm humbled to be in such high company.

Props to Magickian for putting the board together. Also Kamm, Clutch, and the other mods for keeping it all going and making sure we're up to date. Dan for his always-thoughtful posts. And fifteenth for being the board's Voice of Reason. 

Finally, respect to all the posters here at the best fan board in sports!
Like Reply
I refuse to vote on the grounds that you guys TRIED to ditch me and then pretended to be happy when I stumbled in like a drunk uncle.
Like Reply