Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The missing piece is Bradley Beal
Although I hate to the Miami Big 3 back in 2011, however their roster building strategy led them to multiple final appearances and couple of titles. I think Mavs can very well use the similar strategy, especially we already have LBJ in Luka and Bosh in Porzingis, what left is a DWade type of player. Some people in this forums suggest Ingram, Booker, Oladipo etc. But to me, Bradley Beal is the real answer. He is a reliable scorer and 3pts shooter. He can also handle the ball, he dished out average 6.1 ast a game this season while playing with bunch of meh players. His have good size at his position and capable guarding opponent backcourt maybe even SF.

I know it will take more than a ton to get him, and Washington might want to get rid of John Wall’s contract at the same time. So Mavs will probably need to find a third team to take on John Wall contract , maybe Knicks or Bulls. We do have history of making a big trade with Washington before, we all know what has happened after the trade with Wizard. If Mavs can somehow pull off a trade to land Bradley Beal, Mavs can have a really good chance to win a title within next few years.
Like Reply
Whilst I agree with you there is every chance the T-Wolves and Warriors would happily trade their picks for Beal.
If he makes it to open bidding there is no way the Mavs will be able to match other offers.
Mavs only hope is if Beal only wants to come to the Mavs and makes that public.
Which doesn’t seem like his style.
Like Reply
Bradley Beal this season:

518th/520 in DRPM: -4.79
248th/250 among qualified players (1000min +) in DRAPTOR: -3.8
512th/514 in DPIMP: -3.37
184th/185 (starter minutes) in DBPM: -2.4
507th/529 In D-Rating: 117.6

Slightly better than Trae Young. On par with Isaiah Thomas. Worse than Lou Williams, JJ Redick and obviously the rest of the league.
I get that the Wizards tanked the season but that´s not an excuse. Beal has a legit case for one of the worst defensive seasons by any star player ever.
Like Reply
Before renewing contract Beal was one of my top targets in 2021 
But being the answer doesn't mean you are gettable. We have depleted assets after trading so much to get Luka & KP. 
Also, if we can choose (and usually you can't) I would prefer AD/Giannis over Beal, since both automatically change our defense drastically. Beal is part of all offense no defense team.
Like Reply
Elite scorer...wouldn't be upset if he ended up being the Big Fish but as mentioned, his defense is very bad!
Like Reply
I've seen him play good defense before. That doesn't mean he's a good defender, but it does mean he's capable of being much better than that, especially if he's both on a good team, and also not required to be the primary offensive weapon for his team (or at least share that with Luka, which would help both their defensive games). If you brought in someone of his offensive capabilities, you could afford to go all defensive, limited offensive player as the fifth starter alongside the star trio and DFS, which would be much easier to acquire. KP, DFS and another good defender would be enough defense when you have the consistent offensive punch of a trio like that. That said, it's obviously a pipe dream given our lack of tradeable assets. We will have to get incredibly creative to get any type of star player in a trade.
Like Reply
(08-31-2020, 04:37 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: Before renewing contract Beal was one of my top targets in 2021 
But being the answer doesn't mean you are gettable. We have depleted assets after trading so much to get Luka & KP. 
Also, if we can choose (and usually you can't) I would prefer AD/Giannis over Beal, since both automatically change our defense drastically. Beal is part of all offense no defense team.

Beal would require a building block piece that the Wiz would want and the Mavs don't have. Even our good smaller assets bundled together (DFS, Kleber, Curry) would not make sense for them. They need a player that could be a star or multiple lottery picks that could turn into a star. The Paul George trade we saw last year is the kind of package the Wiz would demand (and rightly so). Mavs just don't have the ammunition.
Like Reply