Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-27-2020, 09:32 PM)StepBackJay Wrote:
(11-27-2020, 07:02 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: If Wright was that bad, why isn't DET receiving the picks? OKC just fleeced them? Jackson was the dump, I believe.

So that's what I don't get. You would have thought that Detroit would have gotten a 2nd out of the deal. So that makes me think maybe Detroit was fine with Wright "for free" (ie meaning he is neutral or slight positive in value) but they needed a "dump" team to make all the math work. So OKC came in and offered their services to make the 3 way possible. Mavs needed to exchange both players for something more useful (Johnson) + shed 2021 money. Detroit liked Wright but had no use for Jackson. Thus OKC is the one that cashes in on making the transaction happen.

So in that sense Jackson was negative in that there was no team that wanted him for free so you had to give up the 2 rounders. It's sad how bad the Barnes trade was.
Detroit also needed to dump current year salary without taking as much back. They even had to stretch Dedmon, right? To sign all those scrubs they for some reason needed right now........ I think we paid OKC for them. One 2nd to OKC for DET to send out Ariza while taking back less. One 2nd for DAL to swap Jackson/Johnson with OKC. We just paid the price for both teams since Wright was a negative asset

Edit: Detroit saved $3.8 million in current year salary. That’s a big deal
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by Jason Terry - 11-27-2020, 10:25 PM