Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-27-2020, 06:45 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: So Mavs gave up 2 2nds as part of the Jackson, Wright trade. Someone was a negative asset if we gave up picks bc I doubt the Mavs were giving up picks for the privilege of adding James Johnson.

I think 2 2nds is pretty pricey to just give up 2 role players. Especially considering the Mavs are already limited in the pick cupboard.

(11-27-2020, 04:24 PM)WillE Wrote: He already handed out millions to a player oncejust because he felt this to be the right thing to do:
That player was named Dirk and received with 25 mil the highest annual salary of his career.

Dirk more than deserved that money not just because he is the GOAT, and for everything he did for this franchise. But also because he took massive paycuts several times in the last decade to give the Mavs an outside shot in free agency. Cuban didn't just hand out 25 mil to Dirk because he wanted to. He did it because he owed Dirk the biggest IOU in the history of the NBA. 

I think Barea has done some great things for the Mavs, but he isn't even in the same stratosphere in Mavs history as Dirk. He's not even top 10 in importance of success in Mavs history.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by SleepingHero - 11-27-2020, 08:14 PM