Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Still wonder if Mavs have a trade lined up or already know the player likely to get cut. It's really a mystery lol. You would think Iwundu and Barea are the options for a cut. It's an expensive flyer to to sign somebody for a million plus only to cut them a few weeks later. Very strange.

The other thing to watch is that Rick used Boban sparingly last year. Only 10 mpg, altho Boban did shine during the playoffs as well as the last game before the last got put on hold.

I feel like Rick thinks of Boban as a situational player to use in spots which might not be worth spending a roster spot on. He is a good team guy but maybe they think JJB being on the bench is good enough for the vet role.

Mavs now have Powell back as well as WCS and James Johnson who will likely play some small-ball 5. Rick chose to go small last year when Mavs were short-handed. There were games where Boban didn't play a second to my amazement despite Mavs not really having many other options. Rick would play like Jackson at the 4 rather than give Boban minutes.

All that to say even with KP being out a few weeks Rick could calculate that the Mavs have enough bigs and thus Boban is a bonus. If Iwundu plays well then maybe Boban gets cut or traded. I am suspicious that Mavs would sign JJB only to cut him a couple weeks later.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by StepBackJay - 11-27-2020, 11:54 AM