Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-25-2020, 11:56 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, you’ve completely, totally missed my point. The retorts you made to my points in the last post WERE my points. 

I’ll try again. Here’s my thesis: There are players who feel that they were treated well and others who feel that they were treated not very well by every team in the NBA. It’s pretty reasonable to assert that a team who makes more trades than half of the other teams, like the Mavericks, might have more people in the league perceiving them as ruthless. I do not believe this is a problem, really, but to argue against it COMPLETELY, as if the answer to ANYTHING in life is BINARY, is pretty sophomoric. It’s beneath us, or at least should be.

Well, I'm not being binary, pal. 

I've pointed out legit reasons for negative perception, and I've pushed back on reasons people are citing that aren't good examples. 

We're on the same page regarding the conclusion. And I like your discussion about the benefits of continuity for players (who are real people with families) and teams. 

I can push back on examples and language that push the narrative too far, in my opinion, without arguing for a binary, especially when in my arguments I'm citing actual reasons for negative perception.

(11-25-2020, 11:56 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Literally, the fact there are two groups of people here on a Mavs message board with two, opposing views of this topic is proof that there are probably some players around the league who don’t like the Mavericks or how they treat players. 

You can probably say that about any team. It’s not wrong, and I don’t need to prove that it’s wrong, but I don’t think it’s a big deal, either.

I haven't argued that there is no negative perception, so you got the wrong guy. I've just pushed back on bad examples.

@"KillerLeft", we got pulled into this argument from different directions, and were arguing for different reasons. I agree with your conclusion.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by fifteenth - 11-25-2020, 12:03 PM