Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-25-2020, 11:06 AM)Kammrath Wrote:
(11-25-2020, 11:04 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: The Mavs HAVE traded people more ruthlessly than many other teams. That’s for sure.

Can you offer more examples than Barnes (which I am with @"dirkfansince1998" that this just isn't fair or true, he was TOLD and chose to play)?

How happy do you think Mathews and Jordan were about heading to New York? 

Since we know that players HATE being traded, it seems logical to assume that teams who trade more frequently than other teams might risk being viewed in a certain light by players. Do I think it’s a huge issue, to the point of warranting this doom and gloom discussion? No, not at all. I’m basically on your side of the argument, though I don’t feel the need to completely squash it down, either. There’s probably a little truth to it, but it’s not a big deal. On the podcast in question, it was merely a passing piece of speculation and not really dwelled on at all. 

The more relevant application of this reflection is inward, towards the people in this community. Many of us seem to want EVERY possible player “upgraded” at EVERY opportunity, as if this was NBA 2K. The reality is that teams are comprised of PEOPLE, and people need continuity and familiarity in their lives. Change is good and shouldn’t be feared, but every time you make a major change it requires time to catch back up to where the machine was with the fit of the original player. 

I think it’s funny that on the same message board, in the same thread, we can simultaneously have people arguing that the team makes too many trades and others screaming for more.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by KillerLeft - 11-25-2020, 11:27 AM