Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-24-2020, 09:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Omahen, what you're missing out on in your exchange with Mavs2019 is that, while he sometimes has some great opinions, humor, and basketball talk, his favorite pastime is bludgeoning the MBT. His old user name was Mavs2012 (after the dire missteps of the 2012 offseason) and now it's Mavs2019 (after another apocalyptically bad offseason). He's attacking them for the KP trade in this conversation, which making the injury/rehab situation narrative as bad as it can possibly get allows him to do.

Surprisingly I actually chose my usernames simply based on the year it was, when something happened to my former accounts. They have absolutely no deeper meaning. I also don´t think the 2019 off-season was apocalyptically bad. That´s projecting your opinion on others. I´m very happy wiith the 2020 off-season, too.

I´m just not closing my eyes to certain realities, because of blind homerism. If Porzingis was a Rockets player, nobody here would argue about the length of his injuries. I was stating facts about Porzingis time at the Mavericks so far. If you think that´s hating, then that´s your choice.

I´m in favour of the trade. I´m in favour of the Mavs taking ultra precaution with Porzingis. That does not change the fact that this is he exact reason the Knicks didn´t want to pay Porzingis and pulled the trigger on the trade. Not some hollow threat to sign the QO or causing problems with the FO.

(11-24-2020, 10:52 PM)Jason Terry Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 10:21 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 10:05 PM)Jason Terry Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 09:50 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Omahen, what you're missing out on in your exchange with Mavs2019 is that, while he sometimes has some great opinions, humor, and basketball talk, his favorite pastime is bludgeoning the MBT. His old user name was Mavs2012 (after the dire missteps of the 2012 offseason) and now it's Mavs2019 (after another apocalyptically bad offseason). He's attacking them for the KP trade in this conversation, which making the injury/rehab situation narrative as bad as it can possibly get allows him to do.
Mavs2011 is all that matters. MBT got it done and they will again. Trust

They should have CTC - to Ty, and then to you and Kidd.
Correct. CTC. We wouldn’t have won again but it was the right move. 
Really. How do you know that. We were in plenty of those Thunder games, who went on to go to the finals. All while we lost Chandler, JJB, Stevenson and Butler for nothing. We sign a shooter to replace Peja and we still have a real shot in 2012. To me we had the same window as the Rockets in the mid-90s. We´d have had the same institutional knowledge to get into the play-offs in a lockout season and then just make a run regardless of the seed, similar to the repeat Rockets team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by Mavs2019 - 11-25-2020, 02:26 AM