Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-24-2020, 09:24 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Now, is there is any source close to the Kings saying they are shopping him or even ready to part away with him?

Here's a Sac beat writer talking about how the Kings were shopping around Hield to gauge value, wherein he states that other exec's are mixed on Buddy's value overall

https://twitter.com/JandersonSacBee/stat...3945589760

Another one saying that their GM is obviously looking at Buddy's market and doesn't want to sell this low on him even though he's aware of the tenuous relationship. 
https://twitter.com/JandersonSacBee/stat...3359227909

I can go on, but overall the feeling from SAC is that they aren't tied to Buddy because they love him as a player, but moreseo beholden to weather the storm until they can up his trade value.  From that I take that the Kings WANT to trade Buddy, but not for scraps which is understandable. I also find it risky, given Buddy's not so great realtionship with Walton, and him basically trying to force his way out all offseason by liking  tweets of his fit on other teams and one rumor even going so far as he's requested a trade and had a list of Philly, and Dallas (that was before the Curry trade). This route can also blow up in the Kings face where Buddy plays even worse under Walton and lowers his value, to the point he sits out. It can also go well and Buddy shows everyone he deserves a trade.

(11-24-2020, 09:24 PM)aguiar95 Wrote: Despite what y'all think, I feel it's a smart move. They just extended Fox. Bagley/Haliburton are promising, I bet they'll sell everyone at TDL and start over. Tank a little in this good '21 class and you might find a game changer to pair with your core. What was dumb was the SnT situation. DiVincenzo coul've been good there.

If this was their plan, then matching Bogi and trading him next offseason still fits that plan. Especially if they were going to trade other players and restart. King FO shat the bed, plain and simple, even though I think MIL made their bed for them leaking that SnT too early.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by SleepingHero - 11-24-2020, 09:33 PM