Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Mavs want a third star but I think that's going to be a tough ask. The next best thing is a 3rd 20 ppg scorer and that would put you in the Hield, LaVine, Dinwiddie, Oladipo conversation. All 4 of those guys have shown they can score. You can have conversations ab each one. LaVine is probably the priciest to get as he has shown the most skills in terms of scoring. I think Hield is the sweet spot of probably not too hard to get but gives you elite shooting. Dinwiddie can score but isn't elite outside.

My guess is that sooner or later Mavs will make a play for one of these types. We saw speculation all offseason ab each of them. Mavs can get one at the trade deadline or possibly make a play for one of these guys in 2021. In 2021 Hield still has 2 years left, LaVine only one, Dinwiddie will opt out and Oladipo will also be free.

THJ is sort of the fallback option. Good fit on the team, has shown the ability to score but feels like a guy you can upgrade, especially when you have to decide whether to pay him more money in 2021.

(11-24-2020, 07:27 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: 4. Ability to pivot and sign Giannis/Paul George(keeps skin in the game)

5. Ability to pivot and sign Gobert(the becomes plan A if KP gets hurt again)

4. Paul George is interesting - probably won't happen but I would make a play for him if he was available. I think he is a bit of a head-case but he has a very high floor so you could move him pretty easily if it didn't work out.

5. This Gobert idea ppl are in love with around here isn't going to happen. Certainly not with KP around. I think it's a risky idea too to ship KP off, you probably aren't going to get fair value back (ie Beal). Ppl need to be patient with KP, it's been one season. Let's see how next season goes.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by StepBackJay - 11-24-2020, 07:30 PM