Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-24-2020, 05:54 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 05:47 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: So...

This board seemed pretty happy about trading Seth Curry for Josh Richardson.  Yes, we give up a little shooting, but we gain significantly on the defensive end.

But when it comes to Buddy Hield, suddenly we're trying to get back Seth.  Gain some shooting at the expense of a little better defense by THJ.

Not consistent.

Maybe it's just that Hield is the shiny new toy...

THJ is a liability on defense. Just as Hield or Curry. He might be a little bit better on the ball but he is the worst team defender on the current Mavs roster.

I don't get @"DallasMaverick" line of reasoning. Mavs shored up their starting lineup with Richardson by trading our 6th man shooter type in Curry. The idea of Hield is that you get a better shooter in THJ's spot in the starting lineup. Hield is an elite shooter and scorer. I am not sure the Mavs could get him for THJ straight up. I think his market value is tough to figure out but it's probably higher than THJ unless they are just ready to move on.

So in my hypothetical scenario THJ is absolutely worth swapping for Hield. You can always flip him later in my opinion bc there aren't enough elite shooters in the league.

Realistically he will cost something more, not sure what that is exactly but the asking price could get too high.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by StepBackJay - 11-24-2020, 07:22 PM