Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-24-2020, 06:28 PM)omahen Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 06:22 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Exactly why Bogdanovic never made sense

In my opinion, Hield has one elite skill - shooting. Bogdanovic has none. He is ok defender, he can facilitate some (but not great), he can shoot but also not great. I think Bogdanovic is a sixth man on a contender, therefor way overpaid at Atlanta offer. Hield on the other hand, is a starter. Yes, he is bad defensively so others would have to cover for him, but he is an absolute elite shooter.

Bogdan makes the most sense in my opinion.  Shoots well and runs the pick and roll well.  He'd punish teams for overcommitting to Luka in the crunch.  This board and Mavs seems obsessed with a third star but you need the right type of person who can take a big seat to the other two guys (see Bosh).  I think Bogdan is fine being the 3rd piece.  

Hield elite skill is so good that I think it's worth kicking the tires on.  He is a much larger risk than Bogdan as he has some personality issues.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by cow - 11-24-2020, 06:58 PM