Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-24-2020, 05:47 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote:   Gain some shooting at the expense of a little better defense by THJ.

Gain some shooting is probably the biggest downplay of Hields talents. The gap between Hield's shooting ability and THJ's shooting ability is akin to comparing Ray Allen to Kevin Martin. 

I feel like I'm a broken record. Hield's accuracy and volume is only surpassed by Steph Curry so far in their respective careers. Here are just some fun facts I posted a couple pages ago really detailing how good of a shooter Hield is.  

-Buddy has made more 3's in the last 2 years than Seth Curry has made in his entire career (549 to 446).
-Buddy's worst year as a pro (his rookie year) saw him average 39% from 3, and made 148 threes total. Good for 29th in the league. Seth Curry last year made the most 3's he's ever made as a pro with 145.
-Buddy has 873 made 3's in his career. He's made the most 3's in the shortest amount of time in NBA history. He beat Steph Curry by 8 games.
-THJ has 944 made threes in his entire 7 year career. This means Buddy is 71 threes off from THJ. He'll surpass him next season, which means he got to THJ's career mark 3 years faster than him.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by SleepingHero - 11-24-2020, 06:14 PM