Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
(11-24-2020, 05:06 PM)StepBackJay Wrote: Nah I don't think THJ had an outlier year, I expect him to do well again, maybe even better. That's bc the outlier is playing with an all-time great in Luka Doncic.

You say that, but then why didn't THJ play like his 40% 3pt new version self over 14 games in the bubble? 

Now again, don't get me wrong, I like THJ. I think he is a valued scorer and he has the ability to get scorching hot. The ultimate heat check. But it's a bit disconcerting seeing THJ already take a step back when it mattered most in the playoffs and everyone thinks that THAT is the outlier and not the efficient shooting he had. 

I agree with you though that Luka's gravity does play into affect here. And that effect would be even more pronounced for a more lethal shooter like Buddy. Again, I'm excited for this upcoming season, but I don't think thinking THJ reverting back to his old self is an unreasonable take, given that it already happened.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by SleepingHero - 11-24-2020, 05:11 PM