Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.6 Average
DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know."
Meh on all these guys that aren't Giannis. I mean there are some okay names but they aren't any better than names in the trade market imo. I still am team Buddy Hield once Giannis signs his Supermax. I understand wanting the third star but I think landing said third star is more easily done through having several good players you can throw at a team with an unhappy star. In the meantime you will be really good.

While I believe you need a good backup plan for KP, I don't think that means a star player is your own backup plan. Luka is good enough that you can survive without KP for some time. Mavs were so thin in their front court, I think that did them in more than just KP not being there. Mavs didn't have good perimeter defense and they didn't have enough front court bodies. Scoring wasn't an issue.

LaVine is the only guy who to me is semi-plausible sort of almost star that you might be able to get at some point, perhaps next offseason. If he is unhappy with the Bulls and expiring then at that point he could force is way out.

For my money I would see if I could do THJ for Hield straight up which the Kings might do.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DAL OFFSEASON: Trade & FA | Mavs "mostly done...but you never know." - by StepBackJay - 11-24-2020, 04:56 PM